Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 04:29 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Former mommas boy here.

I never knew I was a momma's boy til about 5 yrs ago.

My mom died around then and after doing some introspection... IDK... I was a minor mamma boy... I never put my mom over the women in my life... I guess that is the really big turning point in mamma's-boy-ville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 04:40 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
I have always believed that you can tell alot about a guy by the way he treats his mother...be it good or bad!

Old 11-17-2012, 05:22 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,167 times
It's the mommas boy who is still living at home with mommy that has the problem. The only exception is if he is the caretaker of an invalid mother. Otherwise, run. The bond between mothers and sons is naturally strong, but there has to be a time when the son leaves to form his own family, and his mother loves him enough to let him go.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:25 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I have always believed that you can tell alot about a guy by the way he treats his mother...be it good or bad!
Or how he allows himself to be treated by his Mother?

Old 11-17-2012, 05:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
If being a momma's boy is bad, then being a daddy's girl is just as bad.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:54 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Aren't we all kind of momma's boys? Whose mom ISNT the best woman in the world?
Burg, I don't know if you're throwing out bait for psychoanalysis on this one, being that a man's relationship to his mother seems to be pivotal in how he gets along with women, over the long-term.

My Mom is cool and my Dad was cool. Mom is cool in that she laughed at all the zingers the guys in the house would come up with, but aggravates me when she can't say something bad or candid about somebody, when she should, and I call her on it. Dad was cool in that he was direct and analytical, but he was more hot tempered and we'd lock horns. I get/got along with both of them, in different ways. During and after HS and college, I would take road trips with them, doing the chain hotel and coffee shop thing up through all of CA, and maybe over to LV. There would be different things I would converse about with one, the other, or both. I stuck around the house a bit after college to knock down some student loans and because we lived in an expensive city, before I moved to the other side of the country by myself.

As can be expected, I get along with women who can work with what comes out of my mouth ... and "you're weird," as in "not a conformist," even if you she was hot (that's not happening, anyway) and was going to put out (that's not happening, anyway), would still have me heading for the door.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 11-17-2012 at 11:06 PM..

Old 11-17-2012, 09:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Burg, I don't know if you're throwing out bait for psychoanalysis on this one, being that a man's relationship to his mother seems to be pivotal in how he gets along with women, over the long-term.

My Mom is cool and my Dad was cool. Mom is cool in that she laughed at all the zingers the guys in the house would come up with, but aggravates me when she can't say something bad or candid about somebody, when she should. Dad was cool in that he was direct and analytical, but he was more hot tempered. I get/got along with both of them, in different ways. During and after HS and college, I would take road trips with them, doing the chain hotel and coffee shop thing up through all of CA, and maybe over to LV. There would be different things I would converse about with one, the other, or both. I stuck around the house a bit after college to knock down some student loans and because we lived in an expensive city, before I moved to the other side of the country by myself.

As can be expected, I get along with women who can work with what comes out of my mouth ... and "you're weird," as in "not a conformist," even if you she was hot (that's not happening, anyway) and was going to put out (that's not happening, anyway), would still have me heading for the door.
You are going to run from hot women? What the he!!?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You are going to run from hot women? What the he!!?
"You're weird" sort of deflates the third leg. "You're interesting," or even "you're funny," has the opposite effect.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
"You're weird" sort of deflates the third leg. "You're interesting," or even "you're funny," has the opposite effect.
Well yes. Noone likes insults. Praise is always welcomed.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Well yes. Noone likes insults. Praise is always welcomed.
See. Psychologist in the making. Reinforcement, conditioning, etc. It's all there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships