Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 02:22 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Oh? Well, you could send me whatever cash you're not using. lol
LOL are you one of my kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 02:25 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
LOL are you one of my kids?
Maybe. Ever been on holiday in Canada? Saaaaay....sometime in March of 1981? lol

Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Maybe. Ever been on holiday in Canada? Saaaaay....sometime in March of 1981? lol

Hmmmm timeline fits....

Old 11-18-2012, 02:30 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Well, there ya go then. You can make that cheque out to Mr. Magnatomicflux, Windsor Ontario, Canada. N8X 4H4.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:34 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
It depends on the person, it's not an absolute.

For someone like Lil' Wayne or Rick Ross who really don't have anything else going for them, of course the only way they could get the women they get is because of their money and fame. But those are boppers, anyways. You shouldn't want anything to do with them.

But for someone like a Trey Songz or Bradley Cooper, he could be rich or broke as a joke, it doesn't matter; they will get all kinds of women because of their looks. And if they don't have looks, they compensate with things like an amazing personality.

Plenty of people on here have cited examples of seeing attractive women with short, skinny, overweight, ugly, broke, etc, men who don't make or have a lot of money, too. I've seen it, as well.

There may be some cases, obviously, but if you're decent looking, have something going for you in life, are confident and don't repel women like cheap *** Avon repels mosquitoes, then you'll get attractive women.

Will you be able to pull an Adriana Lima ? Probably not. But can you get the attractive woman you met at that lounge, church, volunteer event or social sports club ? Of course.

Some women will date unemployed, ambition-less men because they like a challenge, and some women are also turned off by a man with a lot of money, especially if he flaunts it.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:16 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I wish the guys on this forum would stop perpetuating the lie that making good money will somehow lead to getting any girl you want. It's just not true

Money nowadays is nothing more than a pre requisite for women looking to get married. Hell, I live in a suburb with very low cost of living and make a great living and I haven't even been on a date in years...yet I have super broke friends who have beautiful girlfriends. I have a couple friends with great girlfriends who are unemployed actually, another dude who only makes 45-50K with a hot girlfriend, another dude who only makes about 30K, etc...

So just stop saying it. It's not true. You will not magically start getting women once you start earning a 100K a year. You'll be the same nerd with no girlfriend, except you'll be masturbating in a bigger house
I absolutely agree with you.
Most people start out life just eking out a living. They manage to date.

I think it's more like the losers are trying to give women the short shrift by talking about money rather than look at what they have to offer. Seems like very few of them have anything to offer, and use money as an excuse.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:18 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Dear Men that earn less than $30K/year (or even less than $50K/year by the unrealistic/materialistic/selfish), you have now been labeled undateable, no good and worthless by many who posted before me even though the thread title says "Money is Super Overrated When It Comes to Dating On This Site".

Are you sure it's overrated? By what many of what the posts state it sure doesn't quite read like it.

This is the lesson: even when they say that money isn't important, IT IS in reality no matter how much sugarcoating there is trying to portray the opposite.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Dear Men that earn less than $30K/year, you have now been labeled undateable, no good and worthless by many who posted before me even though the thread title says "Money is Super Overrated When It Comes to Dating On This Site".

Are you sure it's overrated? By what many of what the posts state it sure doesn't quite read like it.

This is the lesson: even when they say that money isn't important, IT IS in reality no matter how much sugarcoating there is trying to portray the opposite.

Well yeah. I think any person who says they don't care how much the other person makes is lying to some degree.

Money doesn't buy love, but it sure can buy that 5 day cruise in the bahamas, where you can make a bunch of it.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:23 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I absolutely agree with you.
Most people start out life just eking out a living. They manage to date.

I think it's more like the losers are trying to give women the short shrift by talking about money rather than look at what they have to offer. Seems like very few of them have anything to offer, and use money as an excuse.
Rep! And what about people who get married in college, or after graduation, when all anyone has is huge debts? Women look for character in a guy. That's what'll see the relationship through in the long run. That's how women avoid ending up with abusers. Personality is so key.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:26 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Well yeah. I think any person who says they don't care how much the other person makes is lying to some degree.

Money doesn't buy love, but it sure can buy that 5 day cruise in the bahamas, where you can make a bunch of it.
No matter how much I earn per year, I'll never ever "buy" any woman.

Either she likes me for me minus the money or I hit the "next" button.

"Half a love never appealed to me".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships