Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 02:55 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

As it turned out we didn't get to spend a lot of time together at the dance because he was depressed. He didn't say why but he kept drinking to get drunk and I know he is worried about his mom, and his business. Anyway he told me to come into his store Monday and I will. We are going to have the talk because yes if I keep waiting I may wait forever. Even mutual friends tell me I need to be more aggressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 04:09 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
As it turned out we didn't get to spend a lot of time together at the dance because he was depressed. He didn't say why but he kept drinking to get drunk and I know he is worried about his mom, and his business. Anyway he told me to come into his store Monday and I will. We are going to have the talk because yes if I keep waiting I may wait forever. Even mutual friends tell me I need to be more aggressive.
I wouldn't call that gem-like behaviour...in fact that would be it for me, permanently...it would be a great big bucket of ice-cold water permanently extinguishing my burning desires.

I cannot tolerate sulky men.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:43 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I wouldn't call that gem-like behaviour...in fact that would be it for me, permanently...it would be a great big bucket of ice-cold water permanently extinguishing my burning desires.

I cannot tolerate sulky men.
Yes. Depressed + drinking and drinking to get drunk = not good.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:48 PM

He owns a business and is worried about that so in that case I give him slack. He isn't normally that big of a drinker.

Tomorrow I am putting it all on the line and going all for nothing. At this point I would rather scare him away then keep wondering "what if". I am going to ask him point blank if he wants to get together or if he was just saying that. I will then say that I don't care about going on a date that costs much money we can get together for free or cheap. I am also going to tell him I am interested in him. He will either say he feels the same and make plans or say he doesn't like me in that way which would hurt but then I know.

If he does like me, then we will make plans to get together just the two of us. If he's not interested? Well, I have decided a while back this is it for me. Simply put decent eligible men at my age are hard to find. They are either not interested in dating, or have issues, or want younger women. However, my heart is telling me he does like me but the timing might be off. He is struggling to keep his business afloat and taking care of an elderly mom. In that case the situation might be to be there for him but also keep dating options open (though being honest there aren't a lot of men waiting to date me that I would want to date).

Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Yes. Depressed + drinking and drinking to get drunk = not good.
What do you see in this guy OP?

Drunk
Morose
Uncommunicative
Passive
Sulking
Mummys Boy
Socially retarded

vs.

loves his family
Has a shop
Can make Tacos

Ok the last one is about 4 ticks not 1, which would balance it but still...he doesn't seem to have all that much going for him, to me...or even, to be that interested.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
He owns a business and is worried about that so in that case I give him slack. He isn't normally that big of a drinker.

Tomorrow I am putting it all on the line and going all for nothing. At this point I would rather scare him away then keep wondering "what if". I am going to ask him point blank if he wants to get together or if he was just saying that. I will then say that I don't care about going on a date that costs much money we can get together for free or cheap. I am also going to tell him I am interested in him. He will either say he feels the same and make plans or say he doesn't like me in that way which would hurt but then I know.

If he does like me, then we will make plans to get together just the two of us. If he's not interested? Well, I have decided a while back this is it for me. Simply put decent eligible men at my age are hard to find. They are either not interested in dating, or have issues, or want younger women. However, my heart is telling me he does like me but the timing might be off. He is struggling to keep his business afloat and taking care of an elderly mom. In that case the situation might be to be there for him but also keep dating options open (though being honest there aren't a lot of men waiting to date me that I would want to date).
A good woman should seem like a gift from above to such a man. Most men would grab on to you and never let go. Many, many marriages are happy because the man needs his wife in every way, including physical and emotional support.

It appears he doesn't feel this way about you.

I actually think he may be asexual.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 PM

In his case he's only known me a few months so he doesn't know much about me. He just sees a pretty woman (former model)and perhaps wonders why I am interested in him. Why am I interested? because he is a good guy. Last night btw was the only time I have seen him as quiet as he was. As for him being a mommy's boy that I am not sure about. Yes he takes care of her but how much of one he is remains to be seen.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:02 PM

681 posts, read 618,371 times
Quote:
I have an update about taco man and it gets weird. On Friday I was talking to him and we made plans to go out this weekend coming up. Also, he knows I work in marketing/public relations and he suggested we work together both to help launch my upstart company along with his store. Like he mentioned we can both help each other and get to spend time together (his words, not mine). When I wasn't talking to him he kept staring and me and smiling. My mom (who was with as we saw him at the American Legion and stopped to have a drink)said to her it's obvious he's interested.

However, tonight something weird happened but I probably should back up and mention he said his mother thought I was a nice girl and she told my dad this too. I met his sister and she knew who I was. So yes I have met his mother. Tonight I was helping out at an event that he and his mother was at and his mother was talking to a friend of hers about me. She pointed me out to this friend and said "that's Idon'tdateyou". I couldn't hear much else but knew they were talking and his mother was smiling at me, then later on she smiled at me too.

Weird? I wonder what she said but suspect it was nice. I do know he has been saying nice things about me to her such as I am very religious (apparently she is too).
Well, any girl I date won't have to worry about this! lol.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
A good woman should seem like a gift from above to such a man. Most men would grab on to you and never let go. Many, many marriages are happy because the man needs his wife in every way, including physical and emotional support.

It appears he doesn't feel this way about you.

I actually think he may be asexual.
Here's the thing though, and that is the men who really want to be with me (not including him because I don't know)aren't guys I want to be with. Sure I could probably find a guy who would be thrilled to be with me but in almost all these cases the men were pretty worthless to me. One thing does concern me and that some of these traits remind me of my ex-boyfriend who was a mama's boy.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Here's the thing though, and that is the men who really want to be with me (not including him because I don't know)aren't guys I want to be with. Sure I could probably find a guy who would be thrilled to be with me but in almost all these cases the men were pretty worthless to me. One thing does concern me and that some of these traits remind me of my ex-boyfriend who was a mama's boy.
Well he's 50 and never moved out of home, right?

I imagine his mother wasn't all that sick say, 20 years ago, when he was 30 and still living at home?

Definite mama's boy red flag, except now its called "being a good son" as she's unwell and elderly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships