Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 06:52 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yes, but men have waaay more to choose from; way more freedom to pick who they want. Women only have what comes to them. (this is in the strictest sense, of course)
That is an matter of perspective that people get hung up on. Its like the watchmen's dilenma.

You say women have only the option of the men who approach, men only have the option of women who say yes. Both have levels of freedom and constriction but society choose women as having the final say. Not saying this is fair or the way it should be but that is what I feel is the overall sentiment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I agree, women still choose men, men do not usually get to choose the women. If they like a woman that happens to choose 'em, it's a happy coincidence, or else they just settle for someone who likes them but who they don't really like.
While i dont necessarily disagree, the problem with "women do the choosing" is that your giving guys who don't have much or any success with women a cop out to why they're failures. Any man can just say

"We'll damn women are the ones who do the choosing you know, and no woman has picked me. There's nothing I could do about this"

You see what I'm saying?

Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
That is an matter of perspective that people get hung up on. Its like the watchmen's dilenma.

You say women have only the option of the men who approach, men only have the option of women who say yes. Both have levels of freedom and constriction but society choose women as having the final say. Not saying this is fair or the way it should be but that is what I feel is the overall sentiment.
Yes, it is.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 AM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,100 times
Quote:
I agree, women still choose men, men do not usually get to choose the women. If they like a woman that happens to choose 'em, it's a happy coincidence, or else they just settle for someone who likes them but who they don't really like.
How in the world do WOMEN chose men, but men do not chose women? There have been men that I have liked, that wanted nothing to do with me. So, my wanting them did nothing to help me. There are some men that have liked me, but I did not like them back.

So, how is it different? If I like a guy, and let him know, but he is not interested, you will not say that men get to chose women. But if a guy likes ME, and i dont like HIM, then its because WOMEN get to chose men. This is absurd.

There are women out there right now trying to chase after a man that wants nothing to do with them, and will NOT have anything to do with them.

Instead of being hypocritical, lets just say that sexes pick each other, because that IS what happens. You cant be with someone who doesnt want you, whether you are male or female.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yes, but men have waaay more to choose from; way more freedom to pick who they want. Women only have what comes to them. (this is in the strictest sense, of course)
Why do they have way more to pick from?

Both men and women can make it abundantly clear to the OS that they're interested in them. It's just that, it seems men have to somehow show why is he worthy.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
While i dont necessarily disagree, the problem with "women do the choosing" is that your giving guys who don't have much or any success with women a cop out to why they're failures. Any man can just say

"We'll damn women are the ones who do the choosing you know, and no woman has picked me. There's nothing I could do about this"

You see what I'm saying?
Maybe saying that women mostly choose is a bit simplistic. I guess women tend be CHOOSier, for biological reasons, while a man will often go with a woman who looks decent, isn't too out of shape and isn't a TOTAL turn-off in terms of personality.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
How in the world do WOMEN chose men, but men do not chose women? There have been men that I have liked, that wanted nothing to do with me. So, my wanting them did nothing to help me. There are some men that have liked me, but I did not like them back.

So, how is it different? If I like a guy, and let him know, but he is not interested, you will not say that men get to chose women. But if a guy likes ME, and i dont like HIM, then its because WOMEN get to chose men. This is absurd.

There are women out there right now trying to chase after a man that wants nothing to do with them, and will NOT have anything to do with them.

Instead of being hypocritical, lets just say that sexes pick each other, because that IS what happens. You cant be with someone who doesnt want you, whether you are male or female.
Refer to above post. I just said in general, it's women who did the choosing. It's pretty obvious even in this day and age. If a woman likes a man who isn't thrilled about her, there's more chance he'll just 'give her a go', but on the flipside, that man is probably just looking for something casual or a fling. Women choose partners for relationships, is more what I'm trying to say, in most but not all cases.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 AM

36,522 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post

Really? Think about for a few minutes.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Why do they have way more to pick from?

Both men and women can make it abundantly clear to the OS that they're interested in them. It's just that, it seems men have to somehow show why is he worthy.

Oh my GOD STOP this people. Lets just agree that we are all going to be biased in this, because this is where this nonsense is coming from. How can you say that a MAN haS TO SHOW HE IS WORTHY, BUT A WOMAN DOES NOT??

The fact that men and women look at DIFFERENT things when picking a mate means nothing. If a MAN is seeking a WOMAN, she da-mn well needs to be worthy in his eyes for what he is seeking. The fact that men may focus more on physical while women may focus on how well the man can take care of her, means nothing.

Both men and women have standards that they want the opposite sex to live up to. just because each might have DIFFERENT standards means nothing. they STILL both have standards, and if you are a woman and dont meet the standards a guy has, even if it just how hot you ar, see if you will get that guy as a boyfriend/hubby.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Refer to above post. I just said in general, it's women who did the choosing. It's pretty obvious even in this day and age. If a woman likes a man who isn't thrilled about her, there's more chance he'll just 'give her a go', but on the flipside, that man is probably just looking for something casual or a fling. Women choose partners for relationships, is more what I'm trying to say, in most but not all cases.
See, here is the thing most men cant wrap their heads around. Men think that just because a woman can find a guy to have sex with her, means they get to chose. Well, see i think most of the women, when we talk about choosing..mean FOR A RELATIONSHIP...NOT FOR SEX!!!!!!

Who cares if i can get some dude to sleep with me, if that same guy does not want to have a relationship. Im talking about relationships here, not where someone sticks his pen-is. Sticking ur d---k in someone is something a lot of men might do with a woman, and not care one da-mn about her.

When it comes down to a RELATIONSHIP..THERE IS NO WAY IN HECK THAT WOMEN GET TO CHOSE MORE THAN A MAN!!

If that were the case, then why couldnt i get the men i liked, who didnt like me, to date me? For you women on here who have cared for a man, and was interested, but he was not..tell me. How did that work for you? What average woman has not liked a man, and would have loved to try to date him or get into a relationship with him, but the guy had no interest? Tell those women how they got to chose.

If you are talking about a guy pumping and dumping, yeah a woman can find any guy for that. But a RELATIONSHIP?? Forget it, unless he likes her equally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships