Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 03:42 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it's wrong. it claims that women are oppressed, and that men are the oppressors.

it's also frivolous, in that the sexism that does exist is doled out pretty equally among genders in the western world; the only place it has any real purpose is the middle east and muslim world, and perhaps other parts of the 'third world', but you rarely see the vocal sort of "western feminist" going over there and doing any work that matters. In that sense it is very much the ideology of selfishness by women, for women.

Western white women in particular have no room to complain about their lot in the socioeconomic scheme of things , so more than anything it's just sickening to see them talk as if they were oppressed by anyone. Being a "victim" basically becomes a sense of identity to these people, hence the 'slutwalks', et cetera.

like i say, it's wrong. it's blaming men for something that isn't our fault, it's giving women preferential treatment they haven't earned , and it's a handy excuse for certain people who want to be victims.

You wouldn't want to date a man who thought men were oppressed, and harbored ill will toward women, would you? Well my feelings towards feminists are more or less the same thing; I don't want to date someone who views me as an oppressor. Feminism is just as much a personal psychological problem as it is a political point of view.

for the majority of women it doesn't come up. being "feminist" is like being "christian" in some parts of America; they might call themselves "feminist" if you ask, but they aren't really feminists.

As for how the real feminists affect my dating options... i don't date women who are vocal feminists, and i think it's great when women can voice intelligent criticism of the feminist movement. That means she's a
keeper.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:49 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Feminism has done nothing to help the black family structure. Unfortunately, most black households are run by single women which explains the mess that the black community is in.
Women has little choice before feminism so what do you suggest? They had to stick it out for the long haul even if they hated a guy. Feminism gave women choice, black women running households is their choice, if they choice to leave the guy it's on them but if Uncle Sam stopped paying rent thee issues would go away overnight.

But feminism have benefited women greatly, if you're a promiscuous male you should be happy living in this modern world. If you're old school and refuse to adapt with modern times you're gonna complain.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:14 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Very few women hate men.
indeed, but the ones who do are usually feminists.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
There is still: major gender disparity, rape culture, a glass ceiling, wage gaps, sexism, etc.
To me this is all code language that asserts a certain set of facts that I think are either untrue or irrelevant. Like "rape culture." I'm still puzzled by that one. The only "rape culture" I know of is gay prison rape, and I can tell that isn't what the feminists are talking about.

Rather than beating a dead horse, I'll just say that I've been back-and-forth over these facts, and my conclusion is that feminists don't really care about right or wrong, they just want better choices for women at any cost. Men simply don't fit into their moral calculations in any way except as oppressors, or at the most benign, simply "advantaged" and therefore suitable to marginalize and strip rights from.

It is very much a faith-based ideology, and the "faith" is that:
(A) Men and women are biological equals
and
(B) Society should strive for equal gender outcomes, but only when it benefits women to do so.
and
(C) Men oppress women and want to tell them what to do with their bodies, et cetera.

Last edited by le roi; 11-20-2012 at 04:34 PM..

Old 11-20-2012, 04:28 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
That's not what I see. Besides bat shyte crazies who call themselves feminsits, women who hate men want something from them (to be fed, housed, care for the kids, whatever) and since they don't get what they want/need they're p*ssed. Everyday feminists (thinking of myself as an example) just want you to leave them alone and not get in their way. Especially anti-feminists who are out to put women down for their own gain. Offline I don't know any men like the guys in this thread and that's exactly how I like it and intend to keep it. Just as you all stick with your own. I think that's fair.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
That's not what I see. Besides bat shyte crazies who call themselves feminsits, women who hate men want something from them (to be fed, housed, care for the kids, whatever) and since they don't get want try what/need they're p*ssed.
These women exist, sure , but I can't agree with your characterization of them as "hating men". They're simply out to strip all possible resources from anyone that they can, and men are their easiest targets. i trust that golddiggers would take from women if they could.

Quote:
Everyday feminists (thinking of myself as an example) just want you to leave them alone and not get in their way.
It doesn't seem that way, what with them marching down main street wearing bondage clothing and yelling vulgarities.

Or to use a more substantial sort of example, I recently read about the US Gov't applying Title IX to math and science university curriculums, at the request of feminists. I don't know if this policy has been implemented but it was under discussion. So if it turns out that, hey, women biologically just don't gravitate towards science --- tough luck, we're going to penalize the boys for that.

Quote:
Especially anti-feminists who are out to put women down for their own gain.
What sort of gain is that ? Criticizing feminists is a tremendously unpopular idea.

Quote:
Offline I don't know any men like the guys in this thread and that's exactly how I like it and intend to keep it.
That sounds like a good reason to stay in Massachusetts. One reason I come here and post is to say things that are unpopular or boring to other people I know in 'real life'. I may not be the only person who does this.

Last edited by le roi; 11-20-2012 at 05:09 PM..

Old 11-20-2012, 04:54 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Here is a study from last week:
Women Offered Fewer Career-Advancing

And here is my post from earlier in the thread that also has an article about the differences in casting blame by ethnic group/gender:
//www.city-data.com/forum/27022144-post78.html

And this is just recent news. I see a new study along these lines every year or so.

And let's not even mention the makeup requirement for success for women:
Wear More Lipstick To Get A Promotion? - Forbes

The only good news? Younger women are pretty close, and the pay gap is mostly eliminated. But this won't last long, as there aren't so many women on the track for the bigger jobs.

Here is more perspective on the pay gap: Why Are Women Paid Less? - Jordan Weissmann - The Atlantic
Your links are a great.example of what I said last night: feminists only care about what is going on north on the ladder of success, and dont care about what happens south. The articles and complaints are always.about white collar, high paying jobs. Feminists dont care about low income women nor working class women. As I said before, modern day feminism is about white women taking power away from white men.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 PM

434 posts, read 684,410 times
Originally Posted by Braunwyn
Very few women hate men.

Quote:

And you know this because???

So I am going to make this statement AGAIN!! Prove it. Not with anecdotes but with numbers that aren't skewed to fit some conservative idea. Give me numbers from a respected nonpartisan research group. And give the citation to the study so that those who want to know the truth can read the study for themselves.

Either that or please stop making stereotypical statements that are offensive. Can you do this?

Old 11-20-2012, 05:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
These women exist, sure , but I can't agree with your characterization of them as "hating men". They're simply out to strip all possible resources from anyone that they can, and men are their easiest targets. i trust that golddiggers would take from women if they could.
It's pretty screwy. Using people for food and resources, making unwarranted demands, etc and this is typically followed up by chastising and crude language when they don't get it. Seems like enough hate to me.
Quote:
It doesn't seem that way, what with them marching down main street wearing bondage clothing and yelling vulgarities.
I don't believe that you think these girls are representative of the educated, professional men and women that comprise feminists in this country that demand equal rights. These girls are something else. Not that they don't have the right to voice their opinions, but the vast majority isn't marching with regularity.
Quote:
Or to use a more substantial sort of example, I recently read about the US Gov't applying Title IX to math and science university curriculums, at the request of feminists. So if it turns out that, hey, women biologically just don't gravitate towards science --- tough luck, we're going to penalize the boys for that.
First off, I don't support affirmative action of any kind, not in 2012 at least. So, I'm totally on board with an argument against AA. With that said, the assertion that it's biological is pretty ignorant. Do you think the same for minorities who are under-represented in the maths and sciences? Do they just not have the head for it? Hopefully that's not what you think. Why there are under-represented groups in various fields is pretty complicated. If you want to make a case for physiology, I'd be interested in reading it.
Quote:
What sort of gain is that ? Criticizing feminists is a tremendously unpopular idea.
For example, lfpan asserted in previous threads that he would support stripping women's ability to work and earn money so that he would have the opportunity to have more sex. Humans do like to subjugate and I'd say most people would like to be left alone to their own.
Quote:
One main reason I come here and post is to say things that are unpopular or boring to other people I know in 'real life'. I may not be the only person who does this.
That's not really relevant to the point I was making, which was, again, that I think most folk reject the hindrances and are more interested in carrying on in their own lives.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
And you know this because???

So I am going to make this statement AGAIN!! Prove it. Not with anecdotes but with numbers that aren't skewed to fit some conservative idea. Give me numbers from a respected nonpartisan research group. And give the citation to the study so that those who want to know the truth can read the study for themselves.

Either that or please stop making stereotypical statements that are offensive. Can you do this?
let me get this straight:

you want me to get on google and find you a scientific study on whether feminists disproportionately hate men or not?

that's completely ridiculous. How about you go find one that proves they don't? Presumably you have this, given it's what you demanded of me ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships