Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 PM

313 posts, read 664,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaKendall View Post
It's hard to really say, but it sounds like he must have been losing interest in you if he stopped returning your calls or messages, and then when you tried to break it off, he seemed to get revved up by the challenge of chasing you and winning you back. You withholding sex is just another challenge.

Once he knows for sure he has you again, he could start drifting away again...hard to say. That's just my take.
I broke up with him twice and he came back twice. Idk hes been that guy ever since we met. He's really not good with phone. I thought he was doing it to not act desperate but I guess that's how he really is. I don't mind not getting alot of calls or text messages from him. I dont really like talking on the phone. What pisses me off is not replying to me.

Like last night, his aunt sent him a message about booking a flight for Christmas and he just ignored it. He said hes not in the mood to deal with it. Idk how long the aunt will have to wait to get a reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 PM

681 posts, read 618,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
I posted here before about a guy I was dating on and off for about 6 months. I broke up with him about two weeks ago ( second time)because of communication problem ( him not returning my calls and texts). I stopped contacting him but he keeps calling and texting me even when I asked him to let me move on with my life. Every time he texts or calls, I say the same thing that we should stop seeing each other and let me move on. He skips a day then he makes contact again.

Anyway, we had a long discussion about where we at. He doesn't want us to stop seeing each other. He wants to get to know me more and he's going to be better with how he "communicates" with me. We're not in a committed relationship. We know each other for 6 months and hanging out once a week but I broke up with him once before so we stopped seeing each other for about a couple of months. So far, he's been communicating the way I want him to. He texts/ calls every other day. He responds quick to my messages. I don't call him. I just reply to his texts.

I don't know what he sees in me that he wouldn't let me move on. Even I was acting mean to him and became demanding. I broke it off twice already and he always comes back. I thought maybe sex is making him stay so I told him that I would see him but I wouldn't have sex with him anymore. He agrees to it. He says he doesn't just want sex from me, he likes to have sex with me but that's not all he wants. So last night, we've hung out and didn't have sex. He held me and we fell asleep. He made me feel so protected. He made sure I was comfortable the whole night. This morning when I was getting ready to leave, he didn't want me to go. He held me soooo tight and we fell back to sleep.

Some of you gave me an advice to totally move on from him and some said to try it again. I really like him. Did I do the right thing to give it another try? Why does he always come back? Did I do the right thing to withhold sex? I need some opinion please.

He's educated, handsome, has a great career , makes good money and outgoing so getting girls is not a problem.
wow, this is why I have issues with women because I keep running into women like you. You should change your number, cut him off and move on. He will only suffer if he pursues you, apparently he likes you chase and you are damaged. I only see one person getting hurt in this and it isn't you.

BTW the whole withholding sex, if my gf ever did that, I would let it go but after a while, if it didn't change I would find it somewhere else. Two can play at that game.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 PM

313 posts, read 664,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
wow, this is why I have issues with women because I keep running into women like you. You should change your number, cut him off and move on. He will only suffer if he pursues you, apparently he likes you chase and you are damaged. I only see one person getting hurt in this and it isn't you.

BTW the whole withholding sex, if my gf ever did that, I would let it go but after a while, if it didn't change I would find it somewhere else. Two can play at that game.
I don't understand. Why would he suffer and get hurt?

Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,137,510 times
Honestly, I think he needs his head examined. First you get mad cause he don't respond to your communication then you set rules about him communicating "the way you want him too". Now you're going to use sex or the lack thereof as a weapon against him.....I would've been long gone already if I were in his shoes.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Girly, you need to chill.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:06 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Honestly, I think he needs his head examined. First you get mad cause he don't respond to your communication then you set rules about him communicating "the way you want him too". Now you're going to use sex or the lack thereof as a weapon against him.....I would've been long gone already if I were in his shoes.
Agreed.

This girl is a whackjob. The guy isn't much better.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:16 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,716,429 times
You have no limits.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:14 AM

681 posts, read 618,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
I don't understand. Why would he suffer and get hurt?
because of you..you are already playing games with this guy or you just don't know what you want. It sounds like you want him and then you don't. If you really don't want him in your life then just stay away. No one forces you to talk to him or pick up the phone when he calls.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 AM

143 posts, read 192,776 times
That seems rude of him, to just ignore people until he feels ready to deal with them. I've been involved with people like that. Ultimately they were too selfish for me to put up with.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:26 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,195,956 times
Withholding sex is childish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships