Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 12:35 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
They do that because they are interested in marriage. What's so wrong about a marriage minded person screening out those who do not wish to be married or those who are unsuitable to marry?
So, someone who is already divorced is a marriage minded person? I just dont get it, it simply defies logic and common sense. And just because someone is in his thirties and has never been married or has any kids, doesnt mean they arent a marriage minded person or unsuitable to marry.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
They might be dead by then, so you might as well just forget it.

Oh, was that insensitive?
????

What point are you attempting to prove?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,740 times
Someone who has been married before and is already a parent is likely to be willing to try again. Even if they protest and say never again if they feel they have found the right one they usually do try again.

A man in his 30s and beyond who has never married does need to be questioned because a marriage minded woman wants to know if it's because he just hasn't met the right one or if he is closed to the idea of marriage and children. If it's the former then a marriage minded girl could work with him if it's the latter than why waste time? A smart woman who is marriage minded is going to move on to the next one instead of trying to make him something that he doesn't want to be. Is that wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
So, someone who is already divorced is a marriage minded person? I just dont get it, it simply defies logic and common sense. And just because someone is in his thirties and has never been married or has any kids, doesnt mean they arent a marriage minded person or unsuitable to marry.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:47 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
????

What point are you attempting to prove?
Your mother may be dead by the time you're 40, so why plan to get married at 40-45 to please her?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:50 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your mother may be dead by the time you're 40, so why plan to get married at 40-45 to please her?
Because that's probably the longest I can delay it for plus I'd like for her to still be around to meet her grandchild.

Btw, that was not the point the other poster was trying to make.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Someone who has been married before and is already a parent is likely to be willing to try again. Even if they protest and say never again if they feel they have found the right one they usually do try again.

A man in his 30s and beyond who has never married does need to be questioned because a marriage minded woman wants to know if it's because he just hasn't met the right one or if he is closed to the idea of marriage and children. If it's the former then a marriage minded girl could work with him if it's the latter than why waste time? A smart woman who is marriage minded is going to move on to the next one instead of trying to make him something that he doesn't want to be. Is that wrong?
Its not wrong, but why not just ask the person. I briefly dated a 35 year old woman over the summer, and it was pretty evident that she wanted marriage and kids, to the point that it was unattractive and screamed of desperation. I told her my stance on marriage and kids just to be upfront and honest, yet she didnt seem satisfied with my honest position. She interrogated me daily about how come I havent been married before and how come I dont have any kids, always seemingly trying to uncover some dirt or something in my history that would cause this. It is what caused me to breakup with her because I was sick of being interrogated every day, by someone whom I communicated with in an open and honest fashion. I see similar behavior echoed by other women, and it only intensifies when their biological clock is ticking louder. I am just looking for a rational explanation on how can someone who failed at marriage be a better marriage material than someone ho has never been married.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times
Quote:
Anyone who thinks it is right to be sexually shackled to only one person the rest of their life is unenlightened and ultimately boring.
And men who proclaim such things are generally "sexually shackled" to their right hand because no woman allows them to get within 10 miles of them. Have fun!

Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Because that's probably the longest I can delay it for plus I'd like for her to still be around to meet her grandchild.

Btw, that was not the point the other poster was trying to make.
Im not judging you by an means, but it would really benefit you to rethink your position. I would advise anyone to live their life for themselves and not anyone else. As another poster alreayd stated, I would bet anything that your mother would be more proud of a son who lives life to its fullest, than son who does things to please others.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:59 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
I get a lot of heat for not getting married. Then the more money you make then the hotter the stove gets. As much as people claim that they don't judge. The stigma is still out there and they still do judge you. You're a dirty heathen who wants to sleep around with everybody and you're too selfish to "share" your life (damning your personal autonomy really) with someone else. They try to comfort themselves by saying that you're afraid to commit and you really want to get married or that you're a homosexual and so on. However, if they really wanted to get married then they would have done so.

I pretty much stop associating myself with my partner's family because they still give me Hell over it. It comes with the territory.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times
It's amazing that people don't think women get just as sick of marriage as men do! There's little or no difference. All this stereotyping, "women get fat after marriage" is absurd when most married men are fat sloths by the time they hit 40. Women also want sexual variety just as much as men do. This whole Forum is very strange in that countless threads act as if all men will f--- mud and all women are frigid. It's beyond bizarre and grossly inaccurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships