Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,177,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I find it disgusting. Women are not simply walking vaginas to be referred to as objects. Not in my presence at least.
You are allowing yourself to get your knickers in a twist over some 12yo tool?

My husband is a wonderful man. Caring. Great father. Provider (well half of the provision anyway). Gentle. Kind. Strong. Full of character and integrity.

He sometimes jokingly refers to me as his box.

A good man will cheerfully leave behind the action of seeking women for the woman he loves. He will be devoted in action for the rest of his days. If you think he is not looking at you AND them and thinking about their pieces parts, you are out of your mind.

It is not denigration. Our pieces parts are valuable and interesting to them. That does not mean that is ALL they are interested in.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:28 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,131,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Our pieces parts are valuable and interesting to them.
Interesting? Yes. Valuable? No.

Most women don't like to be reduced to only a set of body parts. It's offensive, it's demeaning, and it's dehumanizing. That's what's bothersome about it.

Some people just get tired of fighting the same battles after a while, you know?

Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,600,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post

Most women don't like to be reduced to only a set of body parts. It's offensive, it's demeaning, and it's dehumanizing. That's what's bothersome about it.

Some people just get tired of fighting the same battles after a while, you know?
But cant you really see that you are taking this whole concept out of context. The original post spoke specificaly about a vagina, and the guy used a name of traingle as a pet name for it. where exactly does this mean that anyone sees women as their vaginas? Are you people capable of logical conversation or did we reach that threshhold? lord almighty.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:38 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,178,053 times
Quote:
You are allowing yourself to get your knickers in a twist over some 12yo tool?
If it were just one, sure I would blow it off. But, it's a constant on this forum. The disrespect is so accepted that it's just a part of western culture. Or at least the lower classes of western culture. I feel compelled to rail against. We've evolved in so many other ways (religion and race) and yet base disrespect of women is an integral part of our society.

Quote:
My husband is a wonderful man. Caring. Great father. Provider (well half of the provision anyway). Gentle. Kind. Strong. Full of character and integrity.

He sometimes jokingly refers to me as his box.

A good man will cheerfully leave behind the action of seeking women for the woman he loves. He will be devoted in action for the rest of his days. If you think he is not looking at you AND them and thinking about their pieces parts, you are out of your mind.

It is not denigration. Our pieces parts are valuable and interesting to them. That does not mean that is ALL they are interested in.
My issues have nothing to with monogamy (settling down or not settling down). To each their own and to whatever makes them happy. Whatever you and your husband play at is a different thing as well. I'm not saying men aren't going to be interested in the bits of women, but that's not what this is. Women as a population are disrespected on this forum. Whether it's triangles, snatch, another recent I heard "stink on my down low" is indicative of a lack of intelligence, a lack of civility, a lack of class. Screw that crap.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
But cant you really see that you are taking this whole concept out of context. The original post spoke specificaly about a vagina, and the guy used a name of traingle as a pet name for it. where exactly does this mean that anyone sees women as their vaginas? Are you people capable of logical conversation or did we reach that threshhold? lord almighty.
What he said, specifically, was
Quote:
you stay hitting the same triangle for years on end
. I cringed when I initially read that. While I get what's being conveyed, do you not acknowledge that there is a much better, not crass way of wording it?

If you are incapable of recognizing that there is something wrong with that wording, then we will never see eye-to-eye.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
It was more than that. I found it to be a filthy thing to say and said as much. If you want to preach about marriage, ok, but what's the point of that language. And then the typical guy on this forum who has an inferior intellect confuses my protest over the use of triangles with disagreeing with the OPs assessment of marriage. He then goes on to charge my weight, my sex life, bla bla. Then two other male posters (including you) charge my sex life as well. It's umbrellaed in an attempt to reduce me as a woman to sex. That is the issue.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
What he said, specifically, was ."you stay hitting the same triangle for years on end " I cringed when I initially read that. While I get what's being conveyed, do you not acknowledge that there is a much better, not crass way of wording it?

If you are incapable of recognizing that there is something wrong with that wording, then we will never see eye-to-eye.
As if the only thing women have to offer their husbands are their vaginas. This coming from men who do what exactly? Are valuable how? But, I'm the crazy one for finding this disgusting, because I have standards.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
No. Valuable. Something that they want and like and.. yes value.
Quote:

Honestly. I think some women need to lighten up. No one can demean or make you non human but you. That some dork on the internet can "offend" one is stupid.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
If it were just one, sure I would blow it off. But, it's a constant on this forum. The disrespect is so accepted that it's just a part of western culture. Or at least the lower classes of western culture. I feel compelled to rail against. We've evolved in so many other ways (religion and race) and yet base disrespect of women is an integral part of our society.

My issues have nothing to with monogamy (settling down or not settling down). To each their own and to whatever makes them happy. Whatever you and your husband play at is a different thing as well. I'm not saying men aren't going to be interested in the bits of women, but that's not what this is. Women as a population are disrespected on this forum. Whether it's triangles, snatch, another recent I heard "stink on my down low" is indicative of a lack of intelligence, a lack of civility, a lack of class. Screw that crap.
Good luck with that.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
No. Valuable. Something that they want and like and.. yes value.
Some men, yes. But across the board? Heck no.

Quote:
Honestly. I think some women need to lighten up. No one can demean or make you non human but you. That some dork on the internet can "offend" one is stupid.
I'm not talking about on the internet. I'm talking about in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.