Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Sounds like something fraudulent that is going on with the Match.com website which is why I never went anywhere near it. The site is probably sending you fake messages.
I had the same thought as TV. The pay sites will use fake profiles to keep you reeled in so you'll pay to renew your subscription. It's a marketing ploy. Don't be surprised if you also suddenly get a flurry of activity right before your subscription expires if you don't renew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 09:42 PM

803 posts, read 1,667,361 times
Quote:
Sounds like something fraudulent that is going on with the Match.com website which is why I never went anywhere near it. The site is probably sending you fake messages.

Nah I'm pretty sure it was legit. The fake profiles on Match were easy to spot. They're "mass wink" bots with only one or two pictures, no height/income/bodytype/education preferences and links to other websites. The inactive profiles that were showing up in my daily matches were more of a problem than anything else... something like 30% had not been on in over three weeks.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
Nah I'm pretty sure it was legit. The fake profiles on Match were easy to spot. They're "mass wink" bots with only one or two pictures, no height/income/bodytype/education preferences and links to other websites. The inactive profiles that were showing up in my daily matches were more of a problem than anything else... something like 30% had not been on in over three weeks.

If it was legit then you would have received a message back LOL

Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I had the same thought as TV. The pay sites will use fake profiles to keep you reeled in so you'll pay to renew your subscription. It's a marketing ploy. Don't be surprised if you also suddenly get a flurry of activity right before your subscription expires if you don't renew.

yeah I know all about that, as soon as your membership ends you 36 messages LOL. Then I would fall into the trap and buy another membership and then see that most of the women who sent me a message had faces that looked like a "BIG TOE"

LOL

Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Is this the single most irritating thing that drives you nuts when you are online?

LOL.

Not really... the worst is Call Waiting...when you're on an important call and everyone you know chooses that same moment to talk....you can't hear what's being said for the constant stream of clicking.

Reminds me...must have call waiting removed.

Last edited by virgode; 11-19-2012 at 11:53 PM..

Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times
So let me get this straight, only ugly women contact men but there are no ugly men online. Yeah right I had every perverted old man contact me not to mention the lowest of the low on the ugly and fat scale.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
This happened to me. I was about to cancel Match then I got contacted by a guy fitting what I desired. Of course as soon as I renewed and contacted him did he disappear. I don't trust Match.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
This happened to me. I was about to cancel Match then I got contacted by a guy fitting what I desired. Of course as soon as I renewed and contacted him did he disappear. I don't trust Match.

yes please cancel Match, it's fradululent

Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 AM

Oh I cancelled years ago, but yes at the time I renewed because of that.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Here's a tip for the guys who do online dating: Don't send a stock/form message to a woman. They're easy to spot, and not only does it make you look lazy and like you're playing the numbers, but it also gives the woman a sign that all the other women are rejecting you. If you insist on sending a stock message, at least personalize it a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships