Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 06:44 PM

307 posts, read 313,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
"because he's still around after all this time and has actually had different girls/women after him but he kept on continuously telling me hes not interested in any of them..they're not his type"

"he's trying to make me jealous..literally ALL THE TIME....like this girl i met was so beautiful/and sexy///and that other girl was this and that and could be my future wife..."

I'm trying to resolve these two statements.
what do you mean??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear182 View Post
Before I got married and was interested in a woman the last thing I would bring up is other women. Who would think discussing other women would improve thier chances?
i noticed that there was a certain time that he started to mention other women..

it coincided with him implying he wants a relationship (with me)...and also when he suggested lots of meet ups with him...and when i wasn't forthright or giving him or saying to him what he may have wanted to hear...
thats when he started speaking of other women

and im thinking its because he wanted to find out if i liked him or not...by trying to make me jealous..because maybe he didn't understand why i didn't take up his offers of seeing him so readily...and of course an obvious reason would be that i'm not interested in him...and he wanted to find out if that was true...

but i hardly gave anything away...in either direction..
if he did mention other women..i hardly batted an eyelid...i just listened to him like normal..and even asked questions about them...but never in a jealous way..

i wasn;t going to give him that satisfaction

Old 11-22-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Retards do it all the time.
lol i think he was so adament at finding out whether i liked him or not that he didn't care at what cost it could happen

Old 11-22-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
"because he's still around after all this time and has actually had different girls/women after him but he kept on continuously telling me hes not interested in any of them..they're not his type"

"he's trying to make me jealous..literally ALL THE TIME....like this girl i met was so beautiful/and sexy///and that other girl was this and that and could be my future wife..."

I'm trying to resolve these two statements.

that is exactly how he talks all the time!!!!!

its like a running theme..every conversation we have..he has to fit those statements in to it

Old 11-22-2012, 09:01 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
that is exactly how he talks all the time!!!!!

its like a running theme..every conversation we have..he has to fit those statements in to it
But they are 100% opposites! One is disavowing interest in other girls to keep you from getting jealous and the other is expressing interest in other girls to make you jealous! Is he schizo?

If he really likes you, and I already said I'll take your word for it that he does, he is not put off because you asked him to hang out. No way, no how. He may be confused, not sure if you mean as just pals or something more. He may be over thinking it just like you, thinking why now after a year of disinterest, is she serious, is she jerking me around, is she just bored or lonely, is she drunk, did she mean to text someone else, etc. Or he may be pouting, gonna show you he's busy or not desperate, for once finally he is in the driver seat and you are waiting (until he answers, one more reason to delay). Or he may have started a thread in some relationship forum and trying to get a consensus on how to respond. LOL

What you don't get is guys often have the same feelings as girls they just don't express them or not in the same way. Nobody likes being rejected or ignored or toyed with. Heck maybe he's even using this to end the relationship on a positive note (for him).

But you said before, he asked you out to the movies but nothing happened because he didn't follow up with details and it was the one who asked who needs to give the details. Well now you're the one who asked.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
But they are 100% opposites! One is disavowing interest in other girls to keep you from getting jealous and the other is expressing interest in other girls to make you jealous! Is he schizo?

If he really likes you, and I already said I'll take your word for it that he does, he is not put off because you asked him to hang out. No way, no how. He may be confused, not sure if you mean as just pals or something more. He may be over thinking it just like you, thinking why now after a year of disinterest, is she serious, is she jerking me around, is she just bored or lonely, is she drunk, did she mean to text someone else, etc. Or he may be pouting, gonna show you he's busy or not desperate, for once finally he is in the driver seat and you are waiting (until he answers, one more reason to delay). Or he may have started a thread in some relationship forum and trying to get a consensus on how to respond. LOL

What you don't get is guys often have the same feelings as girls they just don't express them or not in the same way. Nobody likes being rejected or ignored or toyed with. Heck maybe he's even using this to end the relationship on a positive note (for him).

But you said before, he asked you out to the movies but nothing happened because he didn't follow up with details and it was the one who asked who needs to give the details. Well now you're the one who asked.
Quote:

loooool.... i think his contradicting statements were explained to me by someone else..they said that he's trying to see my reaction to him being the object of affection of other people and if i get jealous but then at the same time reassuring me that i'm the only one he wants?? its like trying to achieve two things at once..but of course its a risky game that he plays..and thats what i think it is myself..

lol and thanks for that variety of reasons it could be that he has not replied..it actually reassures me that he hasn't just lost interest or can't be bothered or is moving on..which is what some people (who do not know the full picture have assumed)...
so i hope you are right...because those things i could live with...
the thing is because i've never ever ever my whole entire life asked a guy to hang out with me like that..its always been the other way around..for my first time doing it..i didn't want to go the whole mile. I wanted to see how he reacts to a smaller more casual one line..rather than say i really want to go see this movie would you like to come with me at this time on this day..and i look forward to it and etc etc..i mean what if i had done that and i still had no response..it would actually make me feel a lot worse.. I actually do feel a bit of an idiot already lol..let alone if i'd done that.
it could definitely be that he is thinking about how to respond LOOL..and trying to get advice from some people haha.but then again i think he's more of the independent type..he'll think about it himself and then reach a decision.

and also it is possible he is pouting and acting busy with me and taking his time..as you know now that he is no stranger to playing games with me and has been for a whole year or more.

I know they are human beings after all lol.. that a guy would have the same feelings as girls but are less expressive..in all fairness i don't even think about him like that i just think he's a guy he can suck it up. and take things and be ok with it..

the thing is all those times he asked me out.. i was on the phone to him so he got a direct and quicker response from me and i didn't leave him hanging for days..and even if he had texted i doubt i would have left him hanging for too long. Yes maybe i wasn't over the top in the way i spoke to him about the meet ups but at least i gave him some kind of answer. which is not what he is doing now

Old 11-23-2012, 08:54 AM

633 posts, read 723,956 times
Quote:
but as i've also said...
We still talk now... It still appears to me as if he hasn't moved on...he hasn't spoken of any other people who he has gone out with or is dating...he talks to me like he has always done..
Therefore i don't know if that is the reason he isn't replying to me as everyone seems to think
if u still talk now?!!! do u even know the meaning of that word?! then why did u say he has not responded to your 'what's up' text for 3 days? also FYI you texting a guy = hey what's going on. does not mean you ask him out. i mean WTF is wrong with you? im pucking confused. for an analyzer... you are so pucked up. because reading your posts i ANALYZE THAT U like the guy but you are playing hard to get. either that or you are virgin so you always delay just being alone with the guy for what?!!!! what are u afraid of?

honestly i hope the guy just ignore you for the rest of your life. you deserve to be ignored for acting like a stuck up virgin. oh wait i analyze that u actually are!!

yes i am annoyed at the OP. and what i said is FACT. now if you're an analyzer - analyze that.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
if u still talk now?!!! do u even know the meaning of that word?! then why did u say he has not responded to your 'what's up' text for 3 days? also FYI you texting a guy = hey what's going on. does not mean you ask him out. i mean WTF is wrong with you? im pucking confused. for an analyzer... you are so pucked up. because reading your posts i ANALYZE THAT U like the guy but you are playing hard to get. either that or you are virgin so you always delay just being alone with the guy for what?!!!! what are u afraid of?

honestly i hope the guy just ignore you for the rest of your life. you deserve to be ignored for acting like a stuck up virgin. oh wait i analyze that u actually are!!

yes i am annoyed at the OP. and what i said is FACT. now if you're an analyzer - analyze that.
jeeeeesus what is wrong with YOU? chill the **** out man

ok let me break it down for you because you seem to be quite slow.
people have said maybe he's MOVED ON. I'M saying if he had moved on surely he would not be in CONTACT WITH ME AT ALL. We spoke a few weeks back ..so when i say we talk now i meant we have spoken recently.. for someone who i know has liked me for a couple of years now..how likely is it that he has moved on in a few weeks?

and FOR YOUR INFORMATION .. in my message, i said whats up followed by we should go do something sometime i.e. lets meet up get it???

im not PLAYING HARD TO GET.. i'v always been a laid back person in regards to how i act with him. There are some people out there you know who just have that personality to not be all up in a guys face and all over him. Its what you call class and having self respect and funnily enough that is one of the aspects about me that he has told me he likes about me and that i'm different to the other girls he has met. I am not INTENTIONALLY acting that way so that i gain his interest. . that is sad and i'm just being myself.

and for you to say i'm a stuck up virgin. is beyond disgraceful . Clearly you are the opposite of that. well good for you

Old 11-23-2012, 10:16 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
the thing is because i've never ever ever my whole entire life asked a guy to hang out with me like that..its always been the other way around..for my first time doing it..i didn't want to go the whole mile. I wanted to see how he reacts to a smaller more casual one line..rather than say i really want to go see this movie would you like to come with me at this time on this day..and i look forward to it and etc etc..i mean what if i had done that and i still had no response..it would actually make me feel a lot worse.. I actually do feel a bit of an idiot already lol..let alone if i'd done that.
it could definitely be that he is thinking about how to respond LOOL..and trying to get advice from some people haha.but then again i think he's more of the independent type..he'll think about it himself and then reach a decision.
Welcome to his world. You need to get over all your silly preconceived notions of whose role is to do what and how each is supposed to act.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:22 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
And there aint NOTHING most men hate more than an "analyzer!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships