Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 07:30 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,549,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If I send a woman a compliment and say what my name is and all I get back is "THANKS"

You better believe I'm saying something nasty back. I get so sick of woman sending back that THANKS nonsense when they can just delete the message and block me.

Why waste time sending that ladies if you are not interested???? It's called DELETE and BLOCK
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 07:35 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
I do this. They do that. I hate the response. But I keep doing the same thing. And getting the same result. I forget if this is the definition of dumb or crazy.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:36 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,740 times
Guys with fragile egos can be very scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is an interesting point. Several women have posted in the past that when they politely reject a stranger hitting on them, he gets mad and yells at them. (Kind of funny that we have a thread going at the moment that says women are the emotional ones...) What is that about?

Old 11-22-2012, 08:21 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
I guess I just thought everyone deleted and ignored messages from those they were not interested in talking to
And if they did you'd be here starting a thread about all the stuck up beotches who can't graciously accept a simple compliment.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:26 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
And if they did you'd be here starting a thread about all the stuck up beotches who can't graciously accept a simple compliment.

No I wouldn't because whoever doesn't response I don't think about because i just move on to the next. But if someone responds back I assume they are interested and when I see "thanks" I get irritated.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:27 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,086 times
Quote:
No I wouldn't because whoever doesn't response I don't think about because i just move on to the next. But if someone responds back I assume they are interested and when I see "thanks" I get irritated.
Then send a message with some substance to it?

Old 11-22-2012, 08:27 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,075,727 times
ok everybody calm down now. TVSG, I understand where you're coming from. Here's what you do...when they say "Thanks" then you message back "You're very welcome. Would you like to chat sometime?" and then see where it goes. It honestly could mean that they ARE interested - otherwise, as you pointed out, they would delete and block.

When I was online dating, if I had NO interest in a guy, I wouldn't even respond to anything he sent. Food for thought.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:31 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,232 times
So let me ask you this OP, if you gave a woman a compliment in person, would you rather her say thanks? Or slap you across the face and tell you to **** off? Cause it sounds like you would prefer that

Old 11-22-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
ok everybody calm down now. TVSG, I understand where you're coming from. Here's what you do...when they say "Thanks" then you message back "You're very welcome. Would you like to chat sometime?" and then see where it goes. It honestly could mean that they ARE interested - otherwise, as you pointed out, they would delete and block.

When I was online dating, if I had NO interest in a guy, I wouldn't even respond to anything he sent. Food for thought.

I guess because the women who are interested usually respond with "so how are you" They are showing some interest in getting to know me

So I see a thanks as "thanks but no thanks"

Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
So let me ask you this OP, if you gave a woman a compliment in person, would you rather her say thanks? Or slap you across the face and tell you to **** off? Cause it sounds like you would prefer that

In public she has no choice but to say thanks. On the web she has the option of ignoring me. She would be unable to ignore me in public
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships