Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2012, 04:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
That's not true and you know it. If you approach a woman she's not going to charge you with harrassment. Those kinds if ridiculous statements make your who post invalid.

This is how most women feel, he just won't acknowledge it. There are few women who will put up with a man telling her about his other options. A man who would do that lacks common sense.

I enjoy a man who's a challenge, but not like that.
Oh! But it has happened!

It does happen.

All a woman has to do is tell a cop you're harassing her, if she doesn't feel like being approached.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:24 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The cheaper gyms I've been to, the city-sponsored ones, or the YMCA gyms, have a fair amt. of flirting and chatting going. Some higher-end gyms have a health drink bar (fruit/veggie smoothies, etc.) for people to hang out at. But...whatever.
The gym has a horrible vibe, whether high-end or low-end ... to me, at least. If there is one place where I go in, do my scheduled routine, and get out, it's the gym.

I don't advise it as a pick-up spot for anyone. Their reputation as "the new singles bars" isn't even what it's cracked up to be. I'd almost say singles bars are better. Almost.

And, no, I've never been "shot down" at a health club/gym. I've never bothered. My conversations are limited to working in on certain machines with others currently using them. The level of narcissism in there is something one can cut through with a knife.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 11-22-2012 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 11-22-2012, 04:37 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
The gym has a horrible vibe, whether high-end or low-end ... to me, at least. If there is one place where I go in, do my scheduled routine, and get out, it's the gym.
I know almost everybody at my gym in terms of the guys who lift upstairs. That's actually my sanitarium...where I can come in, workout really hard and kind of relieve all stress. Also everybody at my gym is very nice

I haven't tried to pick up any women there but I've certainly made many many friends at my gym. (Dunno how much that can apply to picking up women. It's very easy to make friends, dating is far from easy. Women probably have their guard up at the gym I'm guessing like everywhere else)

Old 11-22-2012, 04:47 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
All a woman has to do is tell a cop you're harassing her, if she doesn't feel like being approached.
Only a nut job would go to that extreme, just over a guy approaching her. Unless he was persistent and creepy.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:04 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I've seen it happen, and not even for being approached, for much less than that. Having a penis and testosterone automatically makes you the villain, at least until the FACTS are heard. This is how an adjacent townhouse dweller, about 2 years younger than me, decided to handle my remodeling efforts and minor accompanying noise, during normal hours per the association guidelines ... because I ignored her.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:16 PM

300 posts, read 659,420 times
Instead of hoping women will wander over to the weights area, try doing something in the gym that women like. I teach yoga and I might have one guy in a class of 15. You'll probably say that women don't want to be approached in the gym or in a yoga class. But it all depends on your style. If you decide to make an effort to meet women, start going to a regular yoga class once a week. You'll see a lot of the same women attending. When you're walking into class, just smile at someone who's cute. If she doesn't smile back, so what? Try someone else. Next week maybe say hi to the girl who smiled back. Say something nonchalant like "I'm really liking this class!" If you strike up a conversation with her, great. If not, try the process again with another girl. A lot of women like yoga. And women who like yoga like guys who like yoga. And if you like yoga you'll be surrounded by women, so start liking yoga!

I don't want to hear any excuses why you can't say smile and say hi to a girl. NONE!

Old 11-22-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinley View Post
Instead of hoping women will wander over to the weights area, try doing something in the gym that women like. I teach yoga and I might have one guy in a class of 15. You'll probably say that women don't want to be approached in the gym or in a yoga class. But it all depends on your style. If you decide to make an effort to meet women, start going to a regular yoga class once a week. You'll see a lot of the same women attending. When you're walking into class, just smile at someone who's cute. If she doesn't smile back, so what? Try someone else. Next week maybe say hi to the girl who smiled back. Say something nonchalant like "I'm really liking this class!" If you strike up a conversation with her, great. If not, try the process again with another girl. A lot of women like yoga. And women who like yoga like guys who like yoga. And if you like yoga you'll be surrounded by women, so start liking yoga!

Holy crap, that's like 50 times more awkward than trying to talk to a girl in the machines/weights area (which is very awkward by itself). At least in the machines area, you're not in a class and have to be in a particular area for the whole time

I don't do awkward, ever. I'm not interested in coming across desperate and creepy. I would rather remain forever alone

Old 11-22-2012, 05:50 PM

300 posts, read 659,420 times
Oh, I know. Smiling at someone is soooo awkward!! And how desperate and creepy you would appear if you ever said 'hi' to a girl anyone near a yoga class! How terribly offensive that would be. What was I thinking? Please, for the love of god, don't ever smile at a girl!!

Oh yeah, totally expect them to do it to you though.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:52 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I would rather remain forever alone
And so it is written, and so it shall be done.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinley View Post
Oh, I know. Smiling at someone is soooo awkward!! And how desperate and creepy you would appear if you ever said 'hi' to a girl anyone near a yoga class! How terribly offensive that would be. What was I thinking? Please, for the love of god, don't ever smile at a girl!!

Oh yeah, totally expect them to do it to you though.

You don't think it's incredibly awkward to try to hit on a girl while you guys are in the midst of a yoga session?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships