Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2012, 08:28 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
The real problem is that relationship worthy women are rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. What else can we be expected to do but to continuously be looking?

You'd think finding an attractive, smart, and relaxed type of girl would be easier...but those girls don't make themselves easily available. So, you wade through the masses, indulging in a pick me up every now and again.

(Of course it doesn't help that even if a girl like that is found, you inevitably make mistakes...but, I guess, it hasn't happened for me for a reason.)
I don't see the men looking as better than the women available. They aren't any more/less interesting of people and the guys who generally trash on women aren't worthy of relationship worthy women.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't see the men looking as better than the women available. They aren't any more/less interesting of people and the guys who generally trash on women aren't worthy of relationship worthy women.

Massive egos. Is why they think these single men are sooooo much higher on the totem pole then the single women in the same situations. if they were so amazing or what not, then why are THEY still single? Exactly. So must not be 'pots of gold' either.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Massive egos. Is why they think these single men are sooooo much higher on the totem pole then the single women in the same situations. if they were so amazing or what not, then why are THEY still single? Exactly. So must not be 'pots of gold' either.
But duh, it's clearly every woman's fault for not wanting to deal with their bull**** and settle. Women are just too gosh darn demanding for their own good.

(And by "dealing with their bull****", obviously I mean "recognizing their greatness.")

Old 11-28-2012, 08:39 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
But duh, it's clearly every woman's fault for not wanting to deal with their bull**** and settle. Women are just too gosh darn demanding for their own good.

(And by "dealing with their bull****", obviously I mean "recognizing their greatness.")

there's numerous examples I could give from here, where men either make these threads or posts and swear up and down a woman in the same circumstance has a 'simple fix 1,2,3' for her issue but his is a world wide disaster. God forbid. I don't know why they think their problems are so much more important, but they do and it's a very high number of them that think this. It's all over their posts.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 PM

445 posts, read 864,616 times
Quote:
The real problem is that relationship worthy women are rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. What else can we be expected to do but to continuously be looking?

You'd think finding an attractive, smart, and relaxed type of girl would be easier...but those girls don't make themselves easily available. So, you wade through the masses, indulging in a pick me up every now and again.

(Of course it doesn't help that even if a girl like that is found, you inevitably make mistakes...but, I guess, it hasn't happened for me for a reason.)
What is a "relaxed type of girl"?

Old 11-29-2012, 12:00 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Well, I can't really speak to the first point because I don't know what makes a man look good to a woman...to me it seems like it's all really random from their end (beyond looks, money, status...that is..).

To be fair to women, men are even less interesting generally...so, in that respect, they are the more interesting sex...but that's because I'm biased...but after awhile you find the same general types and if you're looking for something more, it becomes difficult to know where to look for it...

As for your last point, as long as the girl in my life thinks I'm worthy of relationship worthy women, or really, just the one relationship worthy woman...I couldn't give two craps what you have to say on that...

Old 11-29-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
What is a "relaxed type of girl"?
The girl I had in mind when I wrote that is very...relaxed...is the best word for her disposition. Not easily "startled"...she knew who she was and was comfortable with it. She didn't look for approval...she let me go when I threatened to do so...she invited me back into her life when I wanted to be back in it...she was polite, but not a pushover...she stood her ground when I was being unreasonable...she knew her worth and wasn't willing to let me compromise it...she refused to let me redefine her...she was who she was and didn't apologize for it...but didn't think it put her above anyone else either...a very nice balance.

I guess, less wordily, she had her head on straight...

Old 11-29-2012, 12:13 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Seeing as theres pretty close to an equal amount of men and women on this planet, and there are 1 man and 1 woman in a relationship.. not counting gay people it's actually pretty dang close to being equal.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:26 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,373 times
Quote:
Well, I can't really speak to the first point because I don't know what makes a man look good to a woman...to me it seems like it's all really random from their end (beyond looks, money, status...that is..).

To be fair to women, men are even less interesting generally...so, in that respect, they are the more interesting sex...but that's because I'm biased...but after awhile you find the same general types and if you're looking for something more, it becomes difficult to know where to look for it...

As for your last point, as long as the girl in my life thinks I'm worthy of relationship worthy women, or really, just the one relationship worthy woman...I couldn't give two craps what you have to say on that...
Telling that you stipulate that 'the real problem is that relationship worthy women are rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow' yet when it comes to a man it's not two craps are given as long as he's relationship worthy to to the gal in his life. Amusing hypocritical bias.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Telling that you stipulate that 'the real problem is that relationship worthy women are rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow' yet when it comes to a man it's not two craps are given as long as he's relationship worthy to to the gal in his life. Amusing hypocritical bias.
I don't see it as being hypocritical...
I don't have to be relationship worthy to every girl...I only have to be relationship worthy to one girl...
But, from my singular perspective, most women aren't really compatible with me...(by their own admission, or by my assessment..)

Don't see that as being hypocritical as mush as I see it as being realistic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships