Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I don't see it as being hypocritical...
I don't have to be relationship worthy to every girl...I only have to be relationship worthy to one girl...
But, from my singular perspective, most women aren't really compatible with me...(by their own admission, or by my assessment..)

Don't see that as being hypocritical as mush as I see it as being realistic...
Different perceptions.

I see it as hypocritical to state 'relationship worthy women are rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow' yet when a man's relationship worth comes into play it's not two craps are given it only matters to the gal he's with.

I also see it as bias to judge gals in general relationship worth yet guys in general get no judgement and as only judgement is by the gal he's with.

Bit curious as to why you don't use the same realism with guys when it comes to gals. Why isn't the real problem is that relationship worthy guys are rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow like it is with gals?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:20 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Different perceptions.

I see it as hypocritical to state 'relationship worthy women are rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow' yet when a man's relationship worth comes into play it's not two craps are given.

Bit curious as to why you don't use the same realism with guys when it comes to gals. Why isn't the real problem is that relationship worthy guys are rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow like it is with gals?
He's saying a girl that's relationship worth for him is rare. It doesn't seem that hard to grasp.. not everyone is going to be attracted to, or looking for a relationship for everyone. He said he just needs someone to see him as relationship worthy and it's really all that matters.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
He's saying a girl that's relationship worth for him is rare. It doesn't seem that hard to grasp.. not everyone is going to be attracted to, or looking for a relationship for everyone. He said he just needs someone to see him as relationship worthy and it's really all that matters.
He said "The real problem is that relationship worthy women are rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. What else can we be expected to do but to continuously be looking?"

If he was talking about himself than why did he use 'we' rather than 'I'?

If he was talking about his own opinion than why isn't it 'my problem' rather 'the real problem' as if he's speaking for men general rather than speaking for himself?

Seems more like he was saying 'relationship worthy gals are rare' not 'a gal that's relationship worth for me is rare'.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:28 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
He said "The real problem is that relationship worthy women are rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. What else can we be expected to do but to continuously be looking?"

If he was talking about his own opinion than why isn't it 'my problem' rather 'the real problem' as if he's speaking for men general rather than speaking for himself?

Seems more like he was saying 'relationship worthy gals are rare' not 'a gal that's relationship worth for me is rare'.
re-read what you quoted of him

Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
re-read what you quoted of him
"The real problem is that relationship worthy women are rarer than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. What else can we be expected to do but to continuously be looking?"

We...not me...not I...that's seems more like talking for men in general than talking for himself.

No different than if a gal is more likely talking in general than talking for herself if she said:
The real problem is that guys are useless douchebags and a good man is rarer than a pig flying. What else can we be expected to do but to continuously upgrade for better?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:54 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
Quote:
I also see it as bias to judge gals in general relationship worth yet guys in general get no judgement and as only judgement is by the gal he's with.

I don't know, the only girl whose opinion of me I'd care about would be one I'd care about more than just "some girl" in the first place. I guess I don't care what a general group of strangers has to say about me when they have no idea what it's like to live my life, particularly, if I didn't ask them for advice...
But, a girl, a specific girl, who I care about, if she has something to say about me...I'll listen more because what she thinks matters...

And I'm pretty sure many girls are always like "no good guys exist anymore"...which may or may not be true. But to them, that's the real problem...but it's not mine. So, I don't really know much about it.

Quote:

I'll give you this one, shouldn't be talking for others...should've said "I"...

Old 11-29-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
I'll give you this one, shouldn't be talking for others...should've said "I"...
as it appears I was correct that you were talking for others rather than talking for yourself.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:06 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
Quote:
as it appears I was correct that you were talking for others rather than talking for yourself.
not that I was talking for others, rather, I was talking and to you it appeared it was for others. so, yeah, you were correct that to you it appeared i was talking for others...
but i was always talking for myself...

Old 11-29-2012, 02:08 AM

Quote:
not that I was talking for others, rather, I was talking and to you it appeared it was for others. so, yeah, you were correct that to you it appeared i was talking for others...
but i was always talking for myself...
Amusing spin though it doesn't change when a person starts use 'we' instead of 'me' or 'I' they're more likely talking for others than for themselves.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:01 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Massive egos. Is why they think these single men are sooooo much higher on the totem pole then the single women in the same situations. if they were so amazing or what not, then why are THEY still single? Exactly. So must not be 'pots of gold' either.
I'm still not sure what he meant by that.
Quote:
Well, I can't really speak to the first point because I don't know what makes a man look good to a woman...to me it seems like it's all really random from their end (beyond looks, money, status...that is..).

To be fair to women, men are even less interesting generally...so, in that respect, they are the more interesting sex...but that's because I'm biased...but after awhile you find the same general types and if you're looking for something more, it becomes difficult to know where to look for it...
I don't think how interesting a person is can be ascertained in the venue previously described. Clubs if IIRC. When I did go to clubs I was one of those women who went with a group. I was there to either see a DJ or attend a night (trance, psytrance, whatever) and dance. The guys standing around the dance floor, off to the sides, by the bar, etc staring at women are not what comes to mind when I think of interesting. Them being there to get potentially get laid was lame, especially if there was a good guest DJ in attendance.
Quote:
As for your last point, as long as the girl in my life thinks I'm worthy of relationship worthy women, or really, just the one relationship worthy woman...I couldn't give two craps what you have to say on that...
It makes no difference what I think. You will get exactly what you deserve like the rest of us. Men who trash women, ime on this forum at least, end up getting what they have to give-shyte. No good woman would settle for a shyte talker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships