Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 12:50 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Ha, you just visited that same "buddy" again? Came back with the same reflections? Or want to rehash the themes of redpill where the PUA manifesto insists insulting women and flirting with others in front of your gf is what will keep "them from being the lion, and you being the zebra"?
"How Not to be the Nice Guy".
Most links leading back to redpill crap, and dug up by those who just joined "the movement. .
I honestly am bewildered at how successful he is with getting with women. It is what it is. He laughs about it a good bit, and then I hear about him hooking up with another girl. The girls are bringing it on themselves.

I'm not joining any 'movement' any time soon. This is the natural byproduct of a feminist culture. I just sit back and watch.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
I use to be a nice guy too...I couldn't get a woman for nothing. I switched to Geico and saved 15 percent....now I still don't have a woman, but I do have extra money for a new video game...
I don't have a woman either, maybe I will go on a date from time to time but I have no intentions of committing to a woman seriously. But like you I have money, my own apartment, good health, and two video game systems. Life is good.

Old 10-10-2016, 05:16 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Just go have fun with women. Stop taking everything so serious. No need to play games and be the 'nice guy'.

That's not how the game is played.

I just visited an old buddy of mine. The guy has ALWAYS been successful getting laid with women, some pretty damn hot. He's about 5'11", skinny as a rail as he barely eats (mostly drinks liquor) , blonde hair/blue eyes, but has a full on scraggly beard, torn clothes (works in the kitchen of a bar/restaurant which is laid back), a full blown alcoholic (I mean I've picked the guy up off the floor), has made $12/hr or less in the past 15 years with no real prospects of that increasing in the very near future. He's a complete mess in that way, BUT the women love him! He's all about the party, jokes with them and makes them feel comfortable, and is very much upfront about his interests in getting laid.

He gets laid a LOT, and what I find hilarious is the guy presently has a girlfriend. I guess she's cool with it all. He even jokes about scoring with girls in front of her. She is apparently laid back with it all.

So yes definitely stop taking things so seriously. Women have no clue what is good for them. lol
Whatever, Mike.

I think if this were common we'd all know dozens of dirty bad-job alcoholic grizzled losers who "get laid all the time."

Anyone who does commonly know people like this, and the pathetic Trailer Park Barbies with a smoker's cough and Hep C who love them, is almost certainly a reality TV star and not a normal person with some degree of self-respect, living in the non-projects. I mean sorry, but get real. Some falling down alcoholic with a giant beard who doesn't even eat food because he is so far gone is NOT constantly getting tail because ha ha, he is just so funny and duh, women don't know what's good for them.

Old 10-10-2016, 05:34 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Default A gay male perspective ...

I find the whole discussion of "nice guys" and "bad boys" interesting. Some very good observations were made in this thread.

I just wanted to point out that this paradigm doesn't really exist in the gay male (or lesbian for that matter) world ... because in the heterosexual majority world there are two sexes of unequal status in the game of pursuing, being pursued, giving in and being rejected. The game of courtship and seduction. That does not mean there aren't "a"-holes, whiny losers, aggressive players, etc. in the gay world ... it's just different. Officer Clark is sometimes pursued by jerks that are attracted to his uniform, his badge, his clean cut appearance, his chest hair, whatever... even though I'm not handsome and older and graying.

Men - if you're straight, bi, or gay: be confident and comfortable with yourself. NEVER appear needy. Nothing more attractive than a man who smiles naturally, seems happy, and is self assured. The so-called "nice guys" are often polite and gentle, but they are also awkward, self pitying, and have serious self esteem issues.

That's my take ...

Old 10-10-2016, 05:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

I said the majority of men DO NOT want to hurt, ergo are nice guys. The majority of men are nice. The majority of men wind up with a woman. Ergo [the] assertion that "all" the nice guys are going to MGTOW is wrong.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-10-2016 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Orphaned.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:09 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I honestly am bewildered at how successful he is with getting with women. It is what it is. He laughs about it a good bit, and then I hear about him hooking up with another girl. The girls are bringing it on themselves.

I'm not joining any 'movement' any time soon. This is the natural byproduct of a feminist culture. I just sit back and watch.

Yet, you struggle in terms of meeting and being with women. If what you say is really true, all you would have to do would be to act like this guy. Supposedly this would solve your problems.

So that begs the question, why don't you simply act like him?

Old 10-10-2016, 06:14 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
It has nothing to do with being a nice, nor does it have anything to do with being a sociopath. Some guys are simply not made to be with women. Some are good and some are bad.

It's probably in their genetic make up. Not everyone is supposed to mate and reproduce. MGTOW is a great outlet for those kinds of guys.

Women have there own version of this. It is called militant feminism.
While I don't know if I'd take it to that extreme, I do believe some people (men and women) aren't meant to be in relationships (even if they want to be), and these could be amazing people as well for all we know. I do sometimes wonder if I'll end up falling into that category myself, but I'm definitely still way too young to think that.

Unfortunately, relationships take two to tango, it isn't up to just one individual.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:16 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Yet, you struggle in terms of meeting and being with women. If what you say is really true, all you would have to do would be to act like this guy. Supposedly this would solve your problems.

Assuming he's telling the truth about his friend, it isn't just that easy to "act" like him. Each one of us has our own type of personality and quirks.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:21 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
While I don't know if I'd take it to that extreme, I do believe some people (men and women) aren't meant to be in relationships (even if they want to be), and these could be amazing people as well for all we know. I do sometimes wonder if I'll end up falling into that category myself, but I'm definitely still way too young to think that.

Unfortunately, relationships ultimately take two to tango, it isn't up to just one individual.
Easy to figure who belongs where. Guys who get angry and bitter because they can't get any action with women are the guys who belong in the MGTOW movement.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:27 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Quote:

Acting like someone you're not solves nothing in regards to dating issues. The truth of the matter is either you are attractive to women or you are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships