Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 02:43 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, but those gf's didn't drop on them out of thin air. The guys made it happen for them by getting out and about, and chatting with women. Only you can make the decision re: what needs to change in your life in order to increase your chances of meeting someone. If it's really important to you, you'll find a way.

99% of guys seemingly find their girlfriend through friends. I'm assuming this is because every other method of meeting women is just absolutely atrocious and borderline impossible

Perhaps I just need to focus all my energy on having a brand new group of friends in hopes they can introduce me to somebody, but then do I get rid of my current group of friends who I love so dearly just because they're f-u-c-k-i-n-g useless with my dating problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 02:43 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,906 times
Quote:
Yes, but those gf's didn't drop on them out of thin air. The guys made it happen for them by getting out and about, and chatting with women. Only you can make the decision re: what needs to change in your life in order to increase your chances of meeting someone. If it's really important to you, you'll find a way.
This.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:45 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
99% of guys seemingly find their girlfriend through friends. I'm assuming this is because every other method of meeting women is just absolutely atrocious

Perhaps I just need to focus all my energy on having a brand new group of friends in hopes they can introduce me to somebody, but then do I get rid of my current group of friends who I love so dearly just because they're useless with my dating problem?
That's not what she's saying. She's saying that you have to make time to meet someone and include them in your life.

Do you realize that you've made an excuse for why you "can't do" things, every time people have made suggestions for you?

Old 11-22-2012, 02:50 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
99% of guys seemingly find their girlfriend through friends. I'm assuming this is because every other method of meeting women is just absolutely atrocious and borderline impossible

Perhaps I just need to focus all my energy on having a brand new group of friends in hopes they can introduce me to somebody, but then do I get rid of my current group of friends who I love so dearly just because they're f-u-c-k-i-n-g useless with my dating problem?
Expanding your social group isn't a bad thing, and it doesn't mean you have to give up your current group. What about the party idea, where your buddies' gf's bring single girl friends? And a couple of single guys are invited?

Old 11-22-2012, 02:53 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
Do you realize that you've made an excuse for why you "can't do" things, every time people have made suggestions for you?
You don't have to take our suggestions, OP; I'm sure you're capable of coming up with your own ideas. But the key is to switch from a "can't do" mentality to a "can do" spirit. If you want change badly enough, you'll figure it out. If you're still in "can't do" mode, it means you don't want a relationship badly enough, yet. Good luck, though. You deserve happiness. Only you can make it happen.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:07 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
oh brother.....

Old 11-22-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
What about the party idea, where your buddies' gf's bring single girl friends?

I've tried again and again and again to have my friends help me with my dating problem with suggestions like that to no avail. My friends are useless when it comes to this issue. No point in even trying anymore

Old 11-22-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
She's saying that you have to make time to meet someone and include them in your life.

Are you saying I'm not? I'm free 2 out of the 3 weekend days for god's sake

Quote:

That's no surprise. Dating absolutely sucks, there are no good options

Old 11-22-2012, 03:20 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,695,068 times
I always suggest single men with little action learn Spanish. There are a lot of decent, attractive Latinas out there who want for nothing more than have to a good husband and some kids. The learning the other language will give you an excuse to get out more and Latinos will be very appreciative of your efforts, and you will enjoy the fulfillment of learning about another culture

And you will have beautiful children

Old 11-22-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
I always suggest single men with little action learn Spanish. There are a lot of decent, attractive Latinas out there who want for nothing more than have to a good husband and some kids. The learning the other language will give you an excuse to get out more and Latinos will be very appreciative of your efforts, and you will enjoy the fulfillment of learning about another culture

And you will have beautiful children

I love Latinas but the process of learning a language at a later age though can be very challenging

I already have trouble remembering my native language of Armenian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships