Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 02:15 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
I have needed a few days to digest this. Thank you to everyone that gave me perspective. Yes - I blame myself for letting shyte go the way it did, and eventually I will have to forgive myself. Bottom line, a situation would have come up at some point for him use as an excuse to exit left stage sooner or later. I want him to take ownership for his actions so that I can start to forgive myself, but I know that won't happen, ever.

My child is amazing, he truly is the sunshine of my day. His father can't even begin to imagine just what he is missing out on watching this child grow. I am blessed that I have the opportunity.
If you're the praying type, get down on your knees and pray that he stays away and never comes back.

If you're going to be a single mum with kids to a jerk, that is the best thing all round...trust me, it's the voice of experience. I wish I'd tried harder to keep my kids dad away.

Your baby doesn't need this human tick for a role model.

PS. your son will be absolutely fine and so will you. Your ex and his b*tch deserve each other!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 02:36 PM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Tragic story, OP. It probably would have happened sooner than later anyway.

I sincerely hope you take that jerk for everything you can get. Your son deserves all the financial support you can possibly get. If he doesn't have it now make sure he pays down the road.
The law is on your side.

Best wishes to you.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:41 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Long story short, husband left me and our now 8 month old for another woman. The situation was very screwed up, and I saw the writing on the wall, but he had made up his mind before I could stop the train from derailing. He moved out from our home and moved in with her when I gave him the ultimatum, either she is out of his life or he is out of the house. This affair was a 5 week whirlwind. She is an unmedicated bipolar manic depressive that is extremely manipulative. He fell for her lies hook, line and sinker. The biggest lie was that I allegedly told her that he and I were only together for property reasons and that I did not love him. He ate that up, never even asked me about it.

He refuses to admit that he left me for her. He wants to blame me and has every excuse in the book as to why we can't work it out. I don't have any evidence that he nailed her other than hearsay reports, but his commitment to her is enough. We've been separated for over a month, and he still stands that their relationship is completely platonic. Except, I have received reports from unbiased people about seeing them around town holding hands, acting lovely toward each other, etc.

Why won't he own up to his actions already??
It's completely platonic, but he chose her over you? Ri-i-i-ight.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:03 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
This is going to be harsh but too bad. Shyt was put right in front of your eyes, you didn't do a dam thing about it. You and your kid got dumped for another POS. Now you want to sit here and rehash and relive all of this for what?? For the kid to know his grandparents who don't give a shyt about you anyways and a complete POS of a man who doesn't give a shyt about you or his kid???

It sucks. Move on. You have a kid to worry about. Stop spending your time on shyt that doesn't truly matter and make a better life for you and your child. It's not that f-ing hard lady..

Old 11-25-2012, 03:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
People with a conscious own up to it. People without one don't own up to it and blame others. It's that simple. Your husband does not have a conscious.
Repped. You are so right!

OP, what does it matter if he owns up to it. You have enough evidence to tell you what kind of person he is. Best thing you can do now is move on. He chose her over you. It sucks, but that is the reality.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:15 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
The old adage of deny, deny, deny. There was even a song, can't remember who it was by (she saw me on counter - wasn't me; even caught me on camera - wasn't me).

I'm more curious why you need him to confess, when you already have proof.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:17 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
This is going to be harsh but too bad. Shyt was put right in front of your eyes, you didn't do a dam thing about it. You and your kid got dumped for another POS. Now you want to sit here and rehash and relive all of this for what?? For the kid to know his grandparents who don't give a shyt about you anyways and a complete POS of a man who doesn't give a shyt about you or his kid???

It sucks. Move on. You have a kid to worry about. Stop spending your time on shyt that doesn't truly matter and make a better life for you and your child. It's not that f-ing hard lady..
It is harsh but essentially very good advice.

Now, I appreciate that we have only one side of the story, but it seems to me that you have given the appearance of weakness by your initial tolerance of the situation and also by trying to maintain good relationships with the in-laws. Your husband and father-in-law are taking advantage of this.

Time to move on. You need to start setting the rules and you have no need to be reasonable. Who cares if he wants a dissolution? If you want a divorce then you go for a divorce. You should also be going for child support. Lets see how his father reacts if he fails to pay that.

It is easier to say than do but you need to put emotion aside and treat this as business. Define what you want and go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships