Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 11:48 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
POF is for stress relief

OKC is for causal dating/relationship
Punching bags are for stress relief, not women.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I see, so it bases on a regional area. That's good then because I'm a bit nerdy and introverted by nature, so I think I will definitely make a profile on OK and see how it goes. I'm guessing it's free right? Also I think once I can get a conversation rolling, it gets easier and easier to find common ground, and I fancy myself pretty good at that. It's starting the conversation in the first place that's most anxiety inducing.

Not to turn this into a race thread either but, that's not surprising that non whites would want to attract white women. I used to be like this, and I'm pretty ashamed of myself now. It comes from growing up in an environment where white was seen as the higher socio-economic class.

SO higher socio-economic class guarantees relationship? gotcha

Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Where did you learn this new response to posts you can't understand? It's been repetitively cropping up for a couple of days now. TV Guide perhaps?
LOL at TV Guide!

Old 11-25-2012, 11:53 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
SO higher socio-economic class guarantees relationship? gotcha
What? Your posts make no sense dude.

To clarify: what I meant by higher socio-economic class, was that since in the past century, for the most part, Caucasians have held the positions of political, social and economic power in many societies. My home country was colonized by the British for a long time, for example. This leads to a certain unconscious bias towards "being" white, about being upwardly mobile. Hence why so many, so many, Asian ladies seek white men exclusively.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:53 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
LOL at TV Guide!

TV Guide, Bwahahaha LOL

Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
I see, so it bases on a regional area. That's good then because I'm a bit nerdy and introverted by nature, so I think I will definitely make a profile on OK and see how it goes. I'm guessing it's free right? Also I think once I can get a conversation rolling, it gets easier and easier to find common ground, and I fancy myself pretty good at that. It's starting the conversation in the first place that's most anxiety inducing.

Not to turn this into a race thread either but, that's not surprising that non whites would want to attract white women. I used to be like this, and I'm pretty ashamed of myself now. It comes from growing up in an environment where white was seen as the higher socio-economic class.
I know there is an impression that women put a pic up and the messages start rolling in. But in reality there are a ton of variables at play. Age. Ethnicity. Attractiveness. Location..... It might be interesting to experiment with other metros, and see how your response differs.

I know a white woman, who is a little younger than I am. (Like 30) She gets loads of messages. Mostly from black and asian guys. Works for her, as she doesn't like white guys....

Not to turn this into a Bay Area thread....but there is definitely a different dynamic between the ethnic groups here than in other places, for lots of reasons. People in certain parts are "afraid" of certain ethnic groups. Moreso than in other places.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:57 AM
FBJ

Quote:
What? Your posts make no sense dude.

To clarify: what I meant by higher socio-economic class, was that since in the past century, for the most part, Caucasians have held the positions of political, social and economic power in many societies. My home country was colonized by the British for a long time, for example. This leads to a certain unconscious bias towards "being" white, about being upwardly mobile. Hence why so many, so many, Asian ladies seek white men exclusively.

I have a black friend who is now looking to date white guys because of that reason and I decided to not say anything about it because I will end up making her cry due to a heated argument. So it sounded like you were looking for a white guy because of the same reason which was funny since so many celebrities are getting divorces

Old 11-25-2012, 12:00 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,212 times
Quote:
I have a black friend who is now looking to date white guys because of that reason and I decided to not say anything about it because I will end up making her cry due to a heated argument. So it sounded like you were looking for a white guy because of the same reason which was funny since so many celebrities are getting divorces
I'm pretty sure he's not gay.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:03 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Actually I'm a hermaphrodite.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:03 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post

Oh I thought it was a female
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships