Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2012, 06:16 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It was a very interesting change when I changed my current location to where I'm moving to.... the quality of men shot up by a HUGE amount and I found myself actually interested in quite a few people! There weren't a lot of torso shots, lots of very educated men in my age group, single fathers were rare in my age range and I haven't seen a SINGLE PROFILE where 'smoking weed' is considered their only hobby whereas that popped up in probably 50% of the profiles where I live.

It's like night and day from where I currently live.

Craiglist casual encounters has saved me a lot of headaches... me and my sister cruise that site for laughs but I've found ads on there from men that I've messaged or who have messaged me on dating sites. If you're posting on casual encounters, I'm not interested in you period. So, that saved me a lot of time
Ad I'm sure the quality of women would shoot up comparably, if not more so.

If memory serves me, you're moving from the Bay area, right? What area are you moving to? Not being nosy....just interested in where it is that you noted the big difference.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Sounds like he should have asked your feelings about safe adult fun which would have made the date more fun
Haha. If he would have been enthusiastic about anything it would have upped his chances. He was a good on paper guy.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,643 times
I'm going to change my intent to looking for a relationship so that I wont get a lot of responses of guys that just want to hook up. but I'm sure it wont weed them out

Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I'm going to change my intent to looking for a relationship so that I wont get a lot of responses of guys that just want to hook up. but I'm sure it wont weed them out
That will not change anything

Is there a reason for you to remain on the site? You're better off meeting people in real life or through others than through sites like POF.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:44 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Ad I'm sure the quality of women would shoot up comparably, if not more so.

If memory serves me, you're moving from the Bay area, right? What area are you moving to? Not being nosy....just interested in where it is that you noted the big difference.
I'm from the Central Coast of California, moving to Boston.

I don't really care about the quality of women since I'm not in competition and I'd say I have some fairly unique credentials. There are men out on the east coast that have more varied interests instead of 'surfing and smoking weed'.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,969 times
Quote:

I don't really care about the quality of women since I'm not in competition and I'd say I have some fairly unique credentials. There are men out on the east coast that have more varied interests instead of 'surfing and smoking weed'.
Which you'll see first hand I suppose when you make it over here.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:

Yikes! Having made the opposite move (east to west), I can say you're in for major culture shock...particularly when it comes to guys. But, well, about people in general. If you think the east coast offers so much more quality and varied interests than the west, I can tell you first-hand that you're wrong.

I'm not disrespecting your move and I wish you all the best with it. The northeast is beautiful and Boston is a fun town.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:50 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:

And my only point was that I care about the quality of women and am looking forward to that improvement in my life quality when I'm someday able to escape this social hellhole that is the Bay area. Yes, I hear you about the quality of men here. From my experience, the quality of women is even worse. 19 times out of 20, when I first meet and converse with a really classy, attractive, and articulate woman here, I find that she is from back east.

I'm from upstate NY many years ago and in my youth took for granted what I quickly lost in moving out here. It's a whole different world back there that I will someday enjoy again as well. Best of luck.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:03 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
And my only point was that I care about the quality of women and am looking forward to that improvement in my life quality when I'm someday able to escape this social hellhole that is the Bay area. Yes, I hear you about the quality of men here. From my experience, the quality of women is even worse. 19 times out of 20, when I first meet and converse with a really classy, attractive, and articulate woman here, I find that she is from back east.

I'm from upstate NY many years ago and in my youth took for granted what I quickly lost in moving out here. It's a whole different world back there that I will someday enjoy again as well. Best of luck.
I have a couple friends who moved west (one from NYC), and we always say that the West coast has better scenery, but the East coast has better culture.

I'm going to be moving westward soon, and I'm pretty nervous about the culture shock when it comes to people, in general. I haven't even begun to think about dating.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM

890 posts, read 1,649,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
That will not change anything

Is there a reason for you to remain on the site? You're better off meeting people in real life or through others than through sites like POF.

Well I'm a bit shy for starters and also I am just starting to date guys again. I haven't been with a guy in 5 years. And most of my friends here are lesbians so I kinda didn't know where else to look
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships