Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 07:50 PM

681 posts, read 618,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I signed up to POF after I moved across the country for a job and knew no one. Going out to the bar or a lounge alone to meet people isn't exactly a cool thing to do... Anyway, after a few weeks I was pretty lonely and wanted to see who was out there. I made it clear that I was looking for people to hang out with and if it turned into more, great but if not, friends are awesome too. I got a lot of messages right off the bat also. There's some nice people but there's also a ton of whack jobs.

Don't feel like you have to respond to everyone who messages you, take the time to go through their profiles and only respond to ones who seem like they'd be a good match for a relationship or friendship. You can weed guys out right away if they get all pissy "WHY HAVEN'T YOU MESSAGED ME BACK!?!?" if they don't hear from you for a day. Insecure much? In any case, I don't think it's exactly ideal, I've only met one person off the site for dinner and he was really nice but definitely not the guy for me, and he wasn't interested in a continued friendship so... that was it!

Good luck, be safe, if someone seems like a giant weirdo - they probably are. Trust your gut.
And yes it is PERFECTLY OK when women say the same stuff to us men? If I blew off every girl that told me why haven't you messaged me back then I would never meet anyone. And answering messages is at least the NICE thing to do. The only way that I could see this being different if the person received hundreds and hundreds of messages. Idk, but just by your post, you seem like the type of girl i would definitely avoid on POF

Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM

681 posts, read 618,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
He only gave me his first name (which was very common), but he gave me other information that led to me finding out his last name (which was very uncommon) so I was then able to find out who his parents were and other things and it just went from there. I'm really talented at Google stalking as I've mentioned before.
Issues here..if i found out you did this we would be done. End of story...next!

Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post

Lots of women think they are perfect and feel the need to do a background check like they are employers

Old 11-24-2012, 09:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I just saw what a xbox is and you mean to tell me that you would not make out with him? And you still didn't answer my question, what are you doing for him? Are you paying for dinner?
When I do something nice for someone I NEVER expect something in return.

If you do, you're doing nice things for the wrong reasons.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
When I do something nice for someone I NEVER expect something in return.

If you do, you're doing nice things for the wrong reasons.

She said has no intentions of doing anything sexual which to me sounds like she is using him.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:54 PM

633 posts, read 723,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
She said has no intentions of doing anything sexual which to me sounds like she is using him.
you're disgusting. so you only do things for people because you are expecting something in return? if indeed this guy bought this xbox because he wants something sexual in return and not mainly out of the goodness of his heart i would return it to him promptly. besides, i am worth more than an xbox. i never in a million years thought or even asked that he buy the xbox for me.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:58 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
you're disgusting. so you only do things for people because you are expecting something in return? if indeed this guy bought this xbox because he wants something sexual in return and not mainly out of the goodness of his heart i would return it to him promptly. besides, i am worth more than an xbox. i never in a million years thought or even asked that he buy the xbox for me.

So are you going to treat him to dinner? Or just keep accepting gifts and using him?

Old 11-25-2012, 12:05 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
men get no responses on dating sites, pretty worthless for guys, great for women.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:29 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I joined out of boredom. Let's just say....it was interesting.......
I got a couple messages chat requests within in a few minutes of joining.

Let's see:
* 50% are not quite right (seem to be less ambitious than I or some other incompatibility)
* 1 guy = looking for sex, now ["I love black women. I like boobs. I am well endowed and passionate....."]
* 1 guy = good on paper, but in the wrong stage I think [FWB it seems]

Interestingly enough.... probably slightly better matches than OKcupid. Lots of peeps looking for FWB or less though.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
It's not like I went out of my way to find anything. I typed in a name in Google and things came up. Big deal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships