Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 10:14 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
However, they spent months perfecting their online game. I wasn't interested in doing that before....but I've decided to start now. I'll keep the board posted on my results.
lol! i'm sure you'll get the hang of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It's just that some men are looking for a relationship and sex and others are just looking for sex
holy crap. something reasonable that i actually agree with. bravo TVSG

Old 11-25-2012, 10:18 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,307 times
I tried the online dating route awhile ago for like a year and a half. Each profile I was interested in got a response back unique to their profile and not some standard message. I was lucky to get a "hi" back in return. But I did get quite a few spam messages though. This was on e-harmony and match.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:29 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
lol! i'm sure you'll get the hang of it!

holy crap. something reasonable that i actually agree with. bravo TVSG

LOL, what grown man on any dating site is not looking for sex..............eventually??? All these women trying to avoid men looking for sex is just flat out stupid

Old 11-25-2012, 11:05 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
OKCupid is a mess. I joined that one for less than three months and deleted my profile. I went on two dates - one with a divorcee which wasn't too bad, but he had way too much baggage; and one was terribly awkward and clueless about boundaries and nonverbal cues, and had the nerve to ask me to be FWB via text 15 minutes after the date ended.
Yup my OKC matches are OK on paper, but are not really the same on the socialization scale as I am. I am highly social. And for whatever reason OKC matches me with super antisocial people. Horrible combo. But other stuff might be a pretty good match. But that is probably a #1 deal breaker for me. You don't have to be as social as I am, bue semi-social is required.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:08 AM
FBJ

POF is for stress relief

OKC is for causal dating/relationship

Old 11-25-2012, 11:11 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
*came close to spilling my cup of tea on that one* - funny, as long as it happens to someone else, I guess.
And we now know why I don't really think online is all that great for someone like me.....

Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
LOL, what grown man on any dating site is not looking for sex..............eventually??? All these women trying to avoid men looking for sex is just flat out stupid
It's rather amusing how you jump to the conclusion that "all these women (are) trying to avoid men looking for sex" as that's not the point that's been made at all. Women don't avoid men who are looking for sex because (and as strange as it must seem to a misogynist) women do have rather a good understanding of the left brain/right brain difference between the sexes. They simply find a man who has only that on his tiny little mind and throws it right out there with no finesse whatsoever, to be very unattractive and in fact very boorish. I realize what a difficult concept that might be for you to unravel but do try.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:15 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
It's rather amusing how you jump to the conclusion that "all these women (are) trying to avoid men looking for sex" as that's not the point that's been made at all. Women don't avoid men who are looking for sex because (and as strange as it must seem to a misogynist) women do have rather a good understanding of the left brain/right brain difference between the sexes. They simply find a man who has only that on his tiny little mind and throws it right out there with no finesse whatsoever, to be very unattractive and in fact very boorish. I realize what a difficult concept that might be for you to unravel but do try.

cool story sis

Old 11-25-2012, 11:16 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup my OKC matches are OK on paper, but are not really the same on the socialization scale as I am. I am highly social. And for whatever reason OKC matches me with super antisocial people. Horrible combo. But other stuff might be a pretty good match. But that is probably a #1 deal breaker for me. You don't have to be as social as I am, bue semi-social is required.
Odd, my sister's boyfriend actually recommended it to me the other day, said it's algorithm wasn't half-bad. Shrug. I think the sheer number of people on these sites really reduces it down to chance. It's sort of like winning a lottery or a horse race. You can perform educated guesses based on profiles but until you meet them you can't be sure.

Also curious, what do you mean by anti-social? Do you mean just introverted? The psychological definition of the word actually has to do with violence, problems with authority, etc, as opposed to shyness.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:16 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
POF is for stress relief

OKC is for causal dating/relationship
I'm familiar with the term, "causal relationship" but what's a "causal dating/relationship"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships