Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 12:32 PM

11 posts, read 14,837 times

Advertisements

Hi - I dated a girl for nearly 8 years.

I found out she had been lying to me as to where she was going thanks to seeing photos of her and some other man on the dreaded facebook. This was after I had another man come to my door and tell me he had been in a relationship with my girlfriend but they were not together anymore. After than incident I chose to give her another chance/take her story that the guy was a fanatic etc., but a few weeks later I saw the photos of her with another man.

Anyway, after years of dating this girl, I finally grew a set of balls and managed to ignore her texts calls and more or less tell her that I couldn't forgive her for cheating on me - she went to a hotel with the bloke who came to my door!

Anyway, since growing balls and ignoring her more, she so wants me back. She still texts with a kiss on the end and tells me that she loves me. Its a case of not realising what u have until its too late. The problem is, I do miss what we had and am not sure whether to give her one more chance. It would have been our so called 8th anniversary this week (of meeting, not marriage) when I would have always done something with her! She says she has me a card and wants to know what she should do with it. Trouble is, when I speak to her now, I get angry and just its like I'm a nasty person in the way I speak to her but its how I feel. Why should I speak to her with respect when she treated me with such lack of respect?!

So my question really is, should I give her one more chance? DO cheats change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 12:39 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,826,111 times
No. Do not ever take a woman back that has done that to you.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no and no.

Read my lips: no.

No!

Old 09-02-2012, 12:41 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt1980 View Post

I found out she had been lying to me as to where she was going thanks to seeing photos of her and some other man on the dreaded facebook. This was after I had another man come to my door and tell me he had been in a relationship with my girlfriend but they were not together anymore. After than incident I chose to give her another chance/take her story that the guy was a fanatic etc., but a few weeks later I saw the photos of her with another man.

Anyway, after years of dating this girl, I finally grew a set of balls and managed to ignore her texts calls and more or less tell her that I couldn't forgive her for cheating on me - she went to a hotel with the bloke who came to my door!

Anyway, since growing balls and ignoring her more, she so wants me back. She still texts with a kiss on the end and tells me that she loves me. Its a case of not realising what u have until its too late. The problem is, I do miss what we had and am not sure whether to give her one more chance. It would have been our so called 8th anniversary this week (of meeting, not marriage) when I would have always done something with her! She says she has me a card and wants to know what she should do with it. Trouble is, when I speak to her now, I get angry and just its like I'm a nasty person in the way I speak to her but its how I feel. Why should I speak to her with respect when she treated me with such lack of respect?!

I can't answer whether or not you should take her back, not knowing either of you at all. I do not believe in "once a cheater, always a cheater" because life is just not that black and white.

You really need to sit down and talk with her, figure out why she cheated on you in the first place and if it is even something you can or want to work on as a couple. 8yrs is a long time to be together and you chose to invest that time into this relationship for a reason; you need to decide if that reason is enough to get you through this issue. Maybe counseling can help if you really feel like this was a one time event and you want to work on things.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:42 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Quote:

Your GF did not just cheat on you, She carried on a whole other relationship behind your back and then the guy came to your door! I commend you for keeping it together and not laying him out right then and there! Move on and cut her off. This you do not need in your life.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
No. I wouldn't take any woman I broke up with back especially when the reason is she cheated.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:56 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
Quote:
Trouble is, when I speak to her now, I get angry and just its like I'm a nasty person in the way I speak to her but its how I feel. Why should I speak to her with respect when she treated me with such lack of respect?!

I can't help thinking that if you feel that way, now is definitely not the time to get back together, it wouldn't be fair to you, or her....unless you can forgive her, and not hold it against her, the chances of your union surviving are probably not so good ....sorry

Old 09-02-2012, 01:00 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
I don't believe that "once a cheater, always a cheater" but in this case, she has a pattern of cheating repeatedly. So, NO, I wouldn't take her back, as I think she'll probably cheat on you again - eventually.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:10 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,081 times
Quote:
So my question really is, should I give her one more chance?
No.

And block her calls, emails, and texts.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:15 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,917 times
I would never be able to trust her again..especially since it's a pattern. If she thought there was a problem/something missing from your relationship, then she should have communicated with you first.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:27 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times
why would you even bother with this person again?...you are asking for continued drama so if that's what you want then go back with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships