Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 12:10 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Find someone closer. It's easier to get together when you have a busy schedule.
One would think it would be the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 12:20 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,173 times
Humans are really quite simple. If they want to hang out, they'll make time for it. If a specific time ends up not working out, they'll ask to reschedule. If they neither express interest in wanting to hang out, nor do they ask to reschedule - they probably don't want to spend time with you. Don't chase after them, trying to pin them down to hang out, this only makes them resist more. Just let it be and find other people to spend your time with who actually value your company.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
One would think it would be the opposite.
Confusing grammar. What they meant was "when you have a busy schedule, it's easier to get together if you are closer."

Old 11-27-2012, 04:20 PM

94 posts, read 101,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Humans are really quite simple. If they want to hang out, they'll make time for it. If a specific time ends up not working out, they'll ask to reschedule. If they neither express interest in wanting to hang out, nor do they ask to reschedule - they probably don't want to spend time with you. Don't chase after them, trying to pin them down to hang out, this only makes them resist more. Just let it be and find other people to spend your time with who actually value your company.
Yeah, makes sense. It confuses me why, when we have so much in common and know soooo much about each other from years of talking and sharing things, he seems to not even want to be friends.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:23 AM

Sorry to everyone whose advice I ignored, but I decided to just make one more attempt at making plans...I figured either it would work out, or I would officially know to give up. I'm really busy these next few weeks, but I just asked if he wanted to see a movie with me that comes out in a few weeks, right when my semester ends. His first response was very unenthusiastic, he was basically just like "I'm not sure...when are you going home?" (because it comes out only a few days before I fly home for my winter break, so not a large window of time that we could go)...sooo at that point I was like, okaaay I guess I have my answer. But then later in the day (after he got his updated work schedule? idk) he said "Ahh Saturday might actually work out, I only work in the morning that day, until 2. So I could possibly get out there in the afternoon or evening. I'll let you know closer to the actual day if I can, but that would be awesome!" Sooo, I guess now I just have to see if he cancels or not, haha.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:42 AM

Just as an update, this actually is happening. So it took making plans more than 2 weeks in advance, buuuut it's better than nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships