Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 08:09 AM

365 posts, read 490,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinley View Post
I can't really understand the problem. Did you cut ties with her because you were afraid of rejection? Then you said she was lying to you and she toyed with you. Can you elaborate on that? Is that why you cut ties with her?
The problem was that i was just tired of being lied to. It's the most annoying thing in my life to honestly be lied to over and over again. I remember her texting me mid week; that she wanted to hang out. I told her okay i'll only be able to hang out Saturday. After a few days she texted me back she couldn't she was going to Lansing [ bigger city ] i told her okay whatever. The next week in class one of my friends told me that he went out and hung out with her .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 08:12 AM

300 posts, read 659,377 times
You can have control over your mind if you practice it. You have to be a constant witness to your thought process, like your different thoughts are different TV shows, and you're watching them. When a show comes on that you don't want to watch, like thoughts of this girl, you change the channel intentionally by thinking about something else or just observing your breath. The latter is a common practice, because your breath is, obviously, always there. You don't have to conjure up a substitute thought object if you just go back to your breath every time.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenion View Post
Pretty much; i caught her in back to back lies and this wasn't the first time.
Im probably going to get smacked for this but remember this one very important truth of life: A woman, cannot be completely happy, unless she is able to lie, at least a little.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
You are conflicted by this, And in not wanting to feel this way have pushed her away. Call her and be honest and apologize. This could have been avoided with a conversation. This was the wrong strategy, Not necessary to cut a person off. be a man and call/visit. It is clearly bothering you. You will never regret trying to fix it.
For the past couple of days i've been feeling that way; i've been told by other friends that have gone through the same thing to just completely stay away. I know i acted pretty horrible on my part, that was my bad. Lack of sleep and a bad mood may have caused this but. This does not change the fact that she lies to me more often then she tells the truth. Why in the world would she do this? The whole point of telling a lie is hiding embarrassment, trying to hide another life, trying to protect someone. Etc you know what I'm saying, but at what point will it stop?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Im probably going to get smacked for this but remember this one very important truth of life: A woman, cannot be completely happy, unless she is able to lie, at least a little.
I'm not going to smack you i'm just here for advice i'm finding myself pacing back and forth on free time or talking to someone and trying to find out what in the world to do. I know that 99% of the time that if you can talk it out with someone that everything will usually resolve. The fact is I've made myself look like one of the biggest fools if i go to her and say I'm sorry. I'm just frustated that shes lied to me so many times and never said a thing about it. She has never said sorry about it, every time i brought it up she'd bring up as many different things as possible to try to get away from it.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenion View Post
I'm not going to smack you i'm just here for advice i'm finding myself pacing back and forth on free time or talking to someone and trying to find out what in the world to do. I know that 99% of the time that if you can talk it out with someone that everything will usually resolve. The fact is I've made myself look like one of the biggest fools if i go to her and say I'm sorry. I'm just frustated that shes lied to me so many times and never said a thing about it. She has never said sorry about it, every time i brought it up she'd bring up as many different things as possible to try to get away from it.
Dude, Ive dated close to 20 women in the last year, and each and every one of them lied to me, some more than others. Some lied to me about stuff that was completely unimportant, like what they had for dinner last night. So I did the proper thing and focused on myself, trying to introspect me behavior and my personality to see if its me causing them to lie. Nope, not a chance. In fact, Ive been open and completely truthful and honest with each one of these women. Women lie, its a fact of life.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinley View Post
You can have control over your mind if you practice it. You have to be a constant witness to your thought process, like your different thoughts are different TV shows, and you're watching them. When a show comes on that you don't want to watch, like thoughts of this girl, you change the channel intentionally by thinking about something else or just observing your breath. The latter is a common practice, because your breath is, obviously, always there. You don't have to conjure up a substitute thought object if you just go back to your breath every time.
Normally this would never happen to me, i would never have this problem and just forget about this person right away... Normally this would never happen; But it's the fact that i've spent so much time with her. That i helped her through a big majority of her life and the worst times in her life. Just so much that i have done is completely gone. It would be like building a house to watch it fall apart.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Dude, Ive dated close to 20 women in the last year, and each and every one of them lied to me, some more than others. Some lied to me about stuff that was completely unimportant, like what they had for dinner last night. So I did the proper thing and focused on myself, trying to introspect me behavior and my personality to see if its me causing them to lie. Nope, not a chance. In fact, Ive been open and completely truthful and honest with each one of these women. Women lie, its a fact of life.
I know it's a fact that they will lie. Everyone human is bound to mess up at some point. But their is a big difference between a mistake that doesn't happen often and one that keeps happening. I wouldn't have any problem with her lying to me a couple of times but it was the fact that it was constant and i was too blind to see it. Everyones human in the end... That's the only way that i can put it. Everyone makes mistakes the only way they're counted is if they keep making the same one.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:26 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
PEOPLE lie, not just women.

Get over yourselves - seriously.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
PEOPLE lie, not just women.

Get over yourselves - seriously.
Some men lie, all women lie. Lets get this right, spinxie. Its also easy to explain why all women lie, because most of their lies root in compassion. Pretty much every woman on this globe, would rather lie than hurt someones feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships