Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 06:32 AM

365 posts, read 489,893 times

Advertisements

I've had a friend for about 3 years now; She was new to the area that i live in. So i just showed her around, i know what that's like so i treated her nice. Made sure she was always doing okay. Anyway recently i have just been hit over the head with something,Because I've never been attracted to her in any way really... i mean sure she's good looking but i don't want to trade that for anything. I ended up breaking all ties with her a week ago... and she said that i was her only friend up here that she really trusts and that just keeps ringing. Anyway about a month ago i randomly started to have a small crush on her and the more i tried to push away the worse it kept getting. I don't even understand what really happened. I just found her lying to me more often, or finally stop being so stupid and realized it. Straight to the point we got into a big fight and i pretty much asked her "Why do i matter to you?" She didn't say anything so i just left a couple days later she texted me and i said never text this phone again. If you didn't know the fight was over trust. But my overall problems right now is that i find myself stuck in this weird place. Every so often i do want to go back and say sorry but i still find that one side of me wants that and another wants me to completely stay away from her. Overall this is just a big mess that i cannot understand and my head is soon just going to exploded cause I've been toyed with so much. Any advice or just guidance to keep me away would be nice.
Sorry for creating such a horrific post, just want some former advice from maybe someone that's been through with this. Or i'll just be the first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 06:38 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
So you started to like her and then thought the logical thing to do would be to be a douche and cut all ties with her?

Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
You are conflicted by this, And in not wanting to feel this way have pushed her away. Call her and be honest and apologize. This could have been avoided with a conversation. This was the wrong strategy, Not necessary to cut a person off. be a man and call/visit. It is clearly bothering you. You will never regret trying to fix it.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:02 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times
I am really confused why you cut all ties with her?

Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 AM

300 posts, read 659,228 times
I can't really understand the problem. Did you cut ties with her because you were afraid of rejection? Then you said she was lying to you and she toyed with you. Can you elaborate on that? Is that why you cut ties with her?

Old 11-25-2012, 04:40 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Did you break ties with her because she's a liar?

Old 11-25-2012, 05:16 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times
Ive actually been there with someone i used to work with(cut ties and it was very painful both for me and the other) but I don't understand what you mean when you say she lied to you. going by what you say you weren't close tho you started to like her, so unless you had some kind of understanding, how did she lie to you?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
So you started to like her and then thought the logical thing to do would be to be a douche and cut all ties with her?
No i just finally started to care; the more i was caring around here and started to be opened eyed and pay attention to her was when i started to dislike her more and more.

Last edited by Kenion; 11-26-2012 at 08:26 AM..

Old 11-26-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Did you break ties with her because she's a liar?
Pretty much; i caught her in back to back lies and this wasn't the first time.
Compulsive lair would be the way to put it.

Last edited by Kenion; 11-26-2012 at 08:26 AM..

Old 11-26-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
Ive actually been there with someone i used to work with(cut ties and it was very painful both for me and the other) but I don't understand what you mean when you say she lied to you. going by what you say you weren't close tho you started to like her, so unless you had some kind of understanding, how did she lie to you?
Well; She said that she didn't really hang around alot of people... Then i found out a couple weeks later that she has been around guys for the past month. And for the other people that are thinking it was one way that i just liked her it wasn't. We often times flirted but i didn't really want to lose her so i threw her in the friendzone when she did like me... ironically our feelings just switched places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships