Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 11:49 AM

92 posts, read 100,232 times

Advertisements

Were still waiting-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 12:23 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFLG KING PIN View Post
Were still waiting-
Though we may be curious/concerned, none of us are entitled to know the results of someone else's STD test so how about we try not to be so expectant about finding out? If the OP doesn't want to share the results, she doesn't have to. She is still fairly active on the site and has not shared the results yet.... take a hint and let it go.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:40 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm surprised Hallmark doesn't make a card for this.
They have E cards for it.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Is there somewhere I could go for free? I don't have insurance nor the money out of pocket right now.
In many cities you can go to a local clinic where they do testing for various STD's for free.

On the other hand, if you can come up with 150 bucks, go to the Directlabs website and order the basic STD package kit. How it works with direct labs is that you pick a clinic off the list they give you and the clinic will draw your blood then send it in to be analyzed and you will have the results emailed to you a few days later. No doctor needed.

https://www.directlabs.com/Default.a...en-US&tabid=55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
How do you explain to a guy that you think you have herpes?
I would ask these people: http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/messageforum/

Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,710 times
OP, I doubt you have herpes.

There is a real problem here though...and a serious one.

It's your reaction.

How on earth can a young woman with a computer get all the way into the 21st century without having the faintest idea of the importance of taking care of her own health, or how to find help?

I'm not blaming you OP. I live in a society where I was visiting the Family Planning Clinic (unknown to my parents) from the age of 15, and having pamphlets and education and examinations and information on what to do if something was not "right" (ie get to the clinic stat) virtually shoved down my throat. Heck my public school had a Sex Ed night when I was 11 that included pics of dripping penises! We had to sit there with our parents and squirm uncomfortably while it was all trotted out, from sweating to pubes to gonorrhea to abortions and unwanted orphans. Talk about make an impression

I cannot, simply cannot believe you have not RUN to the nearest clinic! I had it on speed dial when I was younger, even when I wasn't sexually active! It's just part of becoming active, you have to start getting checkups!

The only thing I can think that accounts for this (and the sky high teen pregnancy rates) is the fact that young people are just not getting the right information, from their parents, their schools, their peers, their immediate society.

Out of interest OP, what part of the US do you live? Is it very conservative where you are? Did you have a very sheltered upbringing? I'm not judging you but trying to figure out why this hasn't crossed your radar as being extremely serious over the years. Your question was about telling someone you had herpes, rather than how to deal with a very nasty disease. I find it quite worrisome that you are so unconcerned and naive.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:12 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
they have e cards for it.
lol

Old 01-28-2013, 05:48 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
You don't. You go to the doctor, get confirmation and if you DO have herpes, you TELL HIM.
Just putting this out there because I thought it was such good advice.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,906,713 times
could be bad razor burn....go to planned parenthood. They wont charge you if you are unemployed and I think they have a sliding scale based on wages to price testing, etc.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:07 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm surprised Hallmark doesn't make a card for this.
The Herpes card?

Oooh, she takes care of herself.
She can wait if she wants, she's ahead of her time.
Oooooh, and she never gives out, and she never gives in,
She just changes her mind.
She is frequently kind and she's suddenly cruel.
But she can do as she pleases, she's nobody's fool.
And she can't be convicted, she's earned her degree.
And the most she will do is throw shadows at you,
But she's always a woman (with herpes) to me.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:21 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
The Herpes card?

Oooh, she takes care of herself.
She can wait if she wants, she's ahead of her time.
Oooooh, and she never gives out, and she never gives in,
She just changes her mind.
She is frequently kind and she's suddenly cruel.
But she can do as she pleases, she's nobody's fool.
And she can't be convicted, she's earned her degree.
And the most she will do is throw shadows at you,
But she's always a woman (with herpes) to me.
Billy Joel would be proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships