Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 05:40 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,616 times

Advertisements

Are you sure it's genital herpes? If you contacted herpes you would feel extremely ill and have pain urinating.

There are other reasons why you could have blisters or sores down there. Could be an infection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 PM

219 posts, read 506,704 times
I see you're in Arizona. There are lots of free clinics in the Phoenix and Tucson areas. Like everyones been saying, HSV is all to common and most of the people who have it dont even know because they have never experienced any symptoms.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:18 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
You need a complete well woman check-up- including, but not limited to- complete physical exam with a pap smear, urinalysis and blood work. Stat. The Planned Parenthood near me have evening hours so try to get in as soon as you can.
Do you know how much it costs?

Old 11-26-2012, 06:20 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
OP-Is there a planned parenthood near you?? You can seem them for way less than a typical gyno. That way you'll know the truth. DO NOT say anything until you know for sure. GL

Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
If you do a search on free clinics in your city, you'll likely get a list of no fee/low fee places where you can get tested.
Thanks, they should be in Arizona too?

Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Are you sure it's genital herpes? If you contacted herpes you would feel extremely ill and have pain urinating.

There are other reasons why you could have blisters or sores down there. Could be an infection.

You are way off base here. You need to do your research before you say incorrect things. Painful urinating is from a UTI not herpes and you will not feel extremely ill. Please educate yourself.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
First, have a doctor verify you suspicions. Then tell the guy a previous partner infected you and you need to practice safe sex. That's all you can do.

Just FYI, though, herpes is extremely common. The World Health Organization estimates the vast majority of sexually active adults have been exposed to herpes at some point, most of us repeatedly. Although appropriate precautions should be taken, herpes is not as contagious as people imagine.
This guy talks sense.

Ever seen that long form you take to the lab to have lab work done? There's a box they can check to see if there are Herpes antibodies. I don't know if it can distinguish between Type I and Type II, but at least you have part of your answer.

Many people have Herpes, though I suspect it's Type I, in the mouth or on the lips, and presents itself as cold sores, which may not even be of a sexual origin. The Herpes virus is more easily passed when a sore is in an erupted state, but that's not necessary for transmission. However, Herpes supposedly makes for fewer outbreaks, as time goes on, and the virus typically sheds over time. I don't know if a person can eventually go "protection free," but I believe the risk of infection lessens.

See your doctor for the antibody test before even bringing this up.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
There's no sense in your bringing this up before you're even confirmed to have it.
Don't be intimate with him until after you find out.
That's not dishonest.

It would be far more cruel to tell him something that will probably hurt him, than to hold off until you know what you're actually dealing with.

Don't say anything yet. Go get tested.
Thanks.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
You need a complete well woman check-up- including, but not limited to- complete physical exam with a pap smear, urinalysis and blood work. Stat. The Planned Parenthood near me have evening hours so try to get in as soon as you can.

Testing for herpes is done through a stick in the finger for a drop of blood. It's instant results. You do not need a complete physical, etc. Many people have it unknowingly.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Why would you hold off on seeing him again if you haven't slept with him yet? Just wait to sleep with him until you know for sure and then wait a little longer after that b/c I think that 9/10 at least of the problems we have in the dating world are from sleeping together too soon. If you ditches you for not sleeping with him quickly then you just dodged a bullet, right? I would not bring up the herpes thing until you know though.
Thanks.
I probably won't. I just don't want to get hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships