Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 09:26 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,786 times

Advertisements

Selfishness and ego. Ignore them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 11:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
That's...weird.

Possesiveness? Might want some later? I don't know.

P.s. Zombie thread is a zombie.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:22 AM

1,544 posts, read 924,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Ever heard of this? I've seen this phenomenon many times and have even had it happen to me a couple of times. On two separate occasions, a guy I liked didn't want me but as soon as I started showing interest in another guy, he tried to ruin it.

What causes this?

Is it an animal type of possessiveness/territorialness, or do they just feel good having a backup that waits for them forever and ever?
Sounds like the relationship between Kim & Kanye Kartrashian, though they're ironically married. His body language shows he doesn't want his wife (who does, really?), but flips out when somebody else lusts for his wife.

The only similarity between the guy and Ms. Kanye is that they're both jackasses (sorry for my bluntness towards this guy). Find someone and be happy, for that is your God-given right.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:03 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
My ex pulled this game. She was messing about with my now former best friend before we split, she didn't want me anymore, and I was wah done with her. But when I became involved with my new lady, she tried everything she could to split us up.. Here it is, 5 years gone by now, and she still is nuts over it. Always pumping my son for intell, trying to figure out schemes.

Since she knows my new lady, going back a ways, our relationship really bothers her. Kinda odd how she can sleep with my best friend d and tell everyone she hates me so much, and be so bothered that I've moved on.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:12 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
It's a normal, basic human emotion, but it's one you're supposed to outgrow by third grade.

I actually examined this sentiment this weekend when the 2 year old at our house decided she didn't want her pretzels but when her father suggested he give them to her friend, she said "No, they're mine."
Something similar happened in my brother's family. Their 2-year-old had no use for her baby sister when she was brought home from the hospital. It went beyond 'wasn't interested.' They were worried because she was initially hostile. Then they began receiving visitors to meet the baby. The minute her little toddler friends fussed over the baby, it became "MY BABY." Don't go near it, don't admire it, don't even think about taking it home. MINE!

Old 12-14-2016, 09:57 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,832 times
A (platonic) female friend of mine is actually in this situation...
She's with a guy, I thought she was gf/bf with. She admitted to me that they're FWB. She doesn't want him with anyone else. I said to her why don't you just become exclusive? She claims that she "doesn't want relationship".

Old 01-08-2020, 12:52 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Something similar happened in my brother's family. Their 2-year-old had no use for her baby sister when she was brought home from the hospital. It went beyond 'wasn't interested.' They were worried because she was initially hostile. Then they began receiving visitors to meet the baby. The minute her little toddler friends fussed over the baby, it became "MY BABY." Don't go near it, don't admire it, don't even think about taking it home. MINE!
Kind of expect that with 2-3 year olds, sometimes a few years older. However, I would have hoped by 18 and up someone had out-grown that stage.

Old 01-08-2020, 01:51 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Sounds like something someone would say.... right before they kill you. That’s some scary stuff!

Old 01-10-2020, 09:45 AM

100 posts, read 48,161 times
I don't know, I think it's normal (to an extent) in some situations. When I broke up with my ex after several years, I had every good reason. But it still hurt like hell when I found out she had moved on to another guy in a matter of weeks. I didn't sabotage them or anything. But even though I didn't want her, that doesn't mean the connection had disappeared that quickly, at least for me. The idea that I could be replaced so damn fast was hard to take, and if I'm honest, I didn't really want anyone else to have her. But I left that relationship all sorts of damaged, so I might not be the best example...

Old 01-10-2020, 09:55 AM

102,204 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I've seen it happen a couple of times. I think it's the you don't know what you got untill they are gone thing. And then when said person finds someone it hits them how they felt about them. Or maybe they are just jealous of what could of been.
Yup. Control trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships