Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 05:47 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
what is wrong with a man or woman being "whipped" to their S.O? what an immature thing to make it a bad thing.
Um, because the term "***** whipped" is an immature, derogatory term.

It's not at all the same thing as what you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 05:52 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,416,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Um, because the term "***** whipped" is an immature, derogatory term.

It's not at all the same thing as what you're talking about.
Maybe I'm misinformed about the term then. I always thought it simply meant, you're deeply in love with your SO ..

Old 11-27-2012, 06:13 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,422,539 times
MARRIED MEN:
1. Did your wives try to keep you at home? If so, why? Were they jealous? Did they think you were going to go out and get wasted at strip parlors? Were they insecure?
2. If your wives did this but changed, what made them change?
3. If your wives did this, how did you react? Did you comply, rebel, or try to seek a common ground which would allow you a measure of "guy time" with the guys every month?

1. Yes. Insecure. Yes very. No. YES.
2. N/A
3. Initially I tried to keep peace in my home, but I'm not a posession to be owned. Divorce.

Last edited by Darthfrodo; 11-27-2012 at 06:22 PM..

Old 11-27-2012, 06:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
One of my husband's old friends asked him if he wasn't allowed to come out and play anymore lol. I think he wanted to start up some Monday night role playing game they used to do when they were kids. Oy vey. The only rule we have is that there is to be no driving drunk and generally no drunkenness when out. It's just dangerous. The fact is that married people's priorities do change, as others noted. We bought a home 30 minutes outside the city and my husband works where we live. Now it's a pain in the but for him to get into the city. I catch dinner with friends more often because I work in the city, but even that's hard. At the end of the day I'm tired. We're both tired. I'm sure having a baby sucks even more time.

With that said, I try to push my husband to stay in touch with his friends. Like many men he doesn't like to gab on the phone, so the only time he has contact these days is if there's an event/party. I'll throw a dinner party from time to time, but he never does that. Any extra time we have is usually spent with family. He'd rather go see his mom on a Sunday than head into the city. Go figure.
My husband's friends start emailing and calling me when he doesn't get back to them! They know that I'll get on to him to pick up the phone or send an email- or at least I'll send them an email myself to let them know how we are doing! He's so bad at that stuff.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,211,819 times
My bf and I have lived together for nine years. In many respects, we live like an old married couple. I love having my own space, so I am always trying to make him get out of the house to see his guy friends. I love when he goes out of town to see family or his best friend (from his college days) in NC.

But my bf prefers staying in with me. I am his current best friend and I think that we have more common interests and opinions than he has with his guy friends.

I think in the situation that Sprawling_Homeowner is describing, a major factor in his former friend being now a homebody is because of his one year old child. He's both needed and wanted at home for sharing the childcare duties. And his friend may also really enjoy watching his child grow up.

Last edited by miu; 11-27-2012 at 06:49 PM..

Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM

837 posts, read 1,288,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think in the situation that Sprawling_Homeowner is describing, a major factor in his former friend being now a homebody is because of his one year old child. He's both needed and wanted at home for sharing the childcare duties. And his friend may also really enjoy watching his child grow up.
My brother has a 10 month old son and keeps going out at night. That's no excuse.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
My brother has a 10 month old son and keeps going out at night. That's no excuse.
Your brother also has a mistress and keeps going out at night - so clearly, family is not a priority to him.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Maybe I'm misinformed about the term then. I always thought it simply meant, you're deeply in love with your SO ..
No, it is an insult used to described a man who has allowed himself to be emasculated - always defers to his wife, never speaks up for himself, always allows his wife to be in control - simply so he can keep getting the *****.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,215,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You know a man has lost his manhood when you ask your older brother for a few bucks...and he always says "I have to ask Mary".
I think a man loses his manhood when a grown adult has to ask an older brother for a couple of bucks. Cut expenses or get a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Your brother also has a mistress and keeps going out at night - so clearly, family is not a priority to him.
I don't see the point of doing the marriage and family thing if a person doesn't want to spend time doing the marriage/family thing.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:18 PM

837 posts, read 1,288,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
He's mad about the boys, they are certainly a priority. And he only stays out 2 hours/2 hours and a half at most so his wife doesn't get suspicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships