Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 03:50 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,150,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
I wrote about this a few months ago in my idiotic blog when I composed an entry about my online dating experience. //www.city-data.com/blogs/blog3...e-okcupid.html I would occasionally receive messages from guys who posted self-photos of themselves shirtless. The photos were almost always blurry cellphone pictures taken of a reflection in a mirror. They would always make me roll my eyes and shake my head in dismay. I think a guy might be able to get away with a shirtless photo if it were taken during some activity, and there was no blatant egotistical posing... I stress the word "might".
An activity like tiddly winks maybe? I hear that really gets the sweat flowing. Or maybe speed chess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,929,524 times
This thread should be called "Accept that women are crazy". It's true, always being nitpicky about something as stupid as the kind of picture you take. I go along with it and don't even try to fight it anymore than I'd go out in the ocean and try to fight a hurricane.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,869,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
This thread should be called "Accept that women are crazy". It's true, always being nitpicky about something as stupid as the kind of picture you take. I go along with it and don't even try to fight it anymore than I'd go out in the ocean and try to fight a hurricane.

All women are crazy yes, but any guy taking mirror pics with no shirt on is a loser.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 PM

1,571 posts, read 1,997,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Seriously, "muscle man" poses - especially if you're over 30 - just make you look like a tool. And so, so, so vain.

(Also unappreciated - those shots of yourself with just a table or counter barely covering your junk.)

This has been my PSA for today.
You'll never have to worry about how I do or don't pose for any dating sites. In the first place, I don't do any of those "RIP-OFF" sites. If you look at the list of members, and the ones that have visited the site within the last 3 months, most have 10% activity, if that. The rest of the membership have given up on them a long time ago. But, they still list them for advertising purposes. (one site said they had more than 34,000 members, but less than 30 members were active within the last 3 months, and only 5 in the last week.) Not worth wasting time on those sites.

I do far better with a "lettered t-shirt". "AVAILABLE TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER". It starts the conversation and goes on from there.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 PM

102,125 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Any guy with a shirtless photo he took himself in the mirror is automatically dismissed.
Any photos taken in front of the bathroom mirror are lame. Why is that so popular with the guys? Hang a sheet on the wall, pick a color that's good on you, if you have a choice. Have a friend take the photo, so your arm isn't sticking out toward the camera. It's not rocket science, just common sense, and these measures don't cost anything.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 PM

102,125 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
This thread should be called "Accept that women are crazy". It's true, always being nitpicky about something as stupid as the kind of picture you take.
I guess the concept of presentation escapes you.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:16 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,128,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Any photos taken in front of the bathroom mirror are lame. Why is that so popular with the guys? Hang a sheet on the wall, pick a color that's good on you, if you have a choice. Have a friend take the photo, so your arm isn't sticking out toward the camera. It's not rocket science, just common sense, and these measures don't cost anything.
Or get a little tripod (they're pretty inexpensive) and put your camera on self-timer.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:18 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,387,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And they could at least clean the bathroom first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
LOL...I know I look at all the background details when viewing photos. It always amazes me that some people never take that stuff into consideration.

Exibit "A"

....am I violating any TOS rules with that crap? LOL!!!

Sorry, if I am.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 02:19 PM..

Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,869,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
Or get a little tripod (they're pretty inexpensive) and put your camera on self-timer.

Pics are supposed to be pictures of you out and about. Honestly, anyone who doesn't have pictures of them doing SOMETHING probably shouldn't be dating.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,128,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Exibit "A"

....am I violating any TOS rules with that crap? LOL!!!

Sorry, if I am.
Dang!

If you're not going to flush, at least put the lid down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships