Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM

344 posts, read 395,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I think it is a very big stretch to say that people with muscles are egotistical.... Do you want a krispy kreme eating slob of a guy with man boobs?
It's not the big muscles that make a person egotistical. That has nothing whatsoever to do with it. It's standing in front of a mirror and taking a photo of himself with with his shirt off that makes him egotistical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 04:21 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
It's not the big muscles that make a person egotistical. That has nothing whatsoever to do with it. It's standing in front of a mirror and taking a photo of himself with with his shirt off that makes him egotistical.
I like to take pictures of myself in front of the mirror eating Fruit Loops.

Does that make me egotistical? I wonder.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:36 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post

egotistical and hungry.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:04 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Any guy with a shirtless photo he took himself in the mirror is automatically dismissed.
Don't listen to this, when I was doing online dating, my responses increased with a shirtless photo than without one.
It wasn't from a mirror though and I wasn't flexing.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:12 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
Sex sells

Women say things, and women do things. Learning the difference.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 PM

344 posts, read 395,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post

You've got a lot of hands in action there. I'm picturing you putting the spoon down into the bowl while you hold the camera. I suppose you could use that 10 second delay and actually be eating, but then I would have to wonder why you would bother with the mirror. Hey, I've got it; you've put a table in front of the mirror and you're sitting at the table with the bowl on the tabletop.

Anyway, I prefer a well-built, good-looking guy. What girl wouldn't? But I see a photo of a guy who is taking a shirtless photo of himself in a mirror, and I can almost hear him whispering to himself, "Oh wow man, you sure are one helluva dude." Here's what a well-built guy should do; get someone to take a picture of him when he is getting out of a pool, and have him with a surprised, even silly expression on his face as he looks at the camera. He not only gets what at least appears to be an ego-free photo of himself wearing nothing but a bathing suit, but he will come across as fun-loving and light-hearted. He wins all the way around.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
An honest question, because I don't use dating sites, but isn't this type of pose typically done by really young women (25 and younger)?
Yes. Dating sites, twitter pics, Facebook pics, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
It's not even about the POV anymore. A duck-face pic is lame when it has a sexual undertone. I'm not getting that from the picture above.
A duck face is lame, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Any photos taken in front of the bathroom mirror are lame. Why is that so popular with the guys? Hang a sheet on the wall, pick a color that's good on you, if you have a choice. Have a friend take the photo, so your arm isn't sticking out toward the camera. It's not rocket science, just common sense, and these measures don't cost anything.
Lol, it's more popular with women. That and photo booth pics are far more popular with women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Sex sells

Women say things, and women do things. Learning the difference.

While we are on the topic of posing and pictures and being ridiculously picky and annoying about them, what the hades is up with women who 'assume the position' in most of their pictures ? I think this is women around my age and younger. They place a hand on their hip, stick their butt and/or boobs out and turn at an angle, sometimes turning their heads too. It's like a natural reaction.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
I sincerely believe the only way this picture of me could scream DB even louder is if I had tats covering my entire torso, rocking a duckface, ATL hat on backwards, and $100 bills tucked in my waistband.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 02:21 PM..

Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
^ someone tell that little boy to have a seat. Have several seats.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
first impressions, that's what this boils down too. if you want to be respected dont put your first step out there as anything but what you want to be taken as.

that said, it certainly helps weed out the "lost boys" for those looking for something a little more tangible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships