Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 02:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
Oh I never would be and there are ALOT of those girls here hence I am still single

I do too. I say funny things but I also flirt at the same time if I like the girl. You gotta sneak that in there somewhere right?

I didn't know that, maybe that is something that I need to work on...

Wow, I did not know this either..so just avoid them? Yeah I guess you are right because the person that did it does have low self esteem/depression problems. That's good advice, thanks
You really aren't supposed to say nothing about funny stuff every second of the day. I've never felt like a court jester when I made bus loads of people laugh, it was more of a stand up-comedian feel. As for flirting, you shouldn't blirt out compliments or anything, but whenever I would flirt with someone, I always felt it was natural and in the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 02:35 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
Hi, I am relatively new here to CD forums and I have been working some issues out in my head and I came across one today that is severely bothering me and it's this ....fun and boredom..

I have what I call "a spark", some people have it, most do not. I can pretty much make women laugh, but I have to be there with them and I've been told numerous times I am goofy, humourous, crazy and they always laugh and sometimes flirt with me.

That's all good and fun, but sometimes I need to "recharge". The problem is I see women on line and irl complain and expect to have a guy that is fun "all the time". First of all, that's unrealistic. Second, I feel like a puppet and a court jester that has to do tricks for the queen to keep her entertained. I have had women tell me to entertain them as well as text me with the first phrase being "I'm bored". My response is what do you want me to do about it? I mean, I don't expect women to entertain me or keep me entertained so why should men have to do this for women?
This is likely because they're boring individuals.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:36 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
naaah duck is the man
Duck is awesome!

Old 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You really aren't supposed to say nothing about funny stuff every second of the day. I've never felt like a court jester when I made bus loads of people laugh, it was more of a stand up-comedian feel.
Really? Busloads? Pretty cool, Frog!

Old 11-28-2012, 02:42 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
I don't expect guys to entertain me. No one can be hilarious and entertaining all the time. I can be a lot of fun but I need down time to recharge my social batteries. I've been sort of dating someone and when we are just sitting around he's asked me a few times if I'm okay because I seem quiet. You should just be yourself. No one should expect someone else to entertain them all the time.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:43 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
naaah duck is the man
Heh, thanks burgler.

But yes, ruth, it's genetic, from maternal side of the family. Mom has it, and so do I. Other than antidepressants and therapy, there's not much more I can do. Humor helps though, which is why I mentioned it.

Anyway I think it's a good idea for the OP to find someone who is similarly funny, so that they can mutually entertain! It can be tough when talking to women who expect you to sell yourself and wow them completely, it feels like you're on a job interview except you also have to be a comedian.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Really? Busloads? Pretty cool, Frog!
Making people laugh is easy. Keeping them laughing for minutes at the time is the hard part. When people still bring up that one thing I said 10 years ago and still laughing hard about it, I did it right. It's not hard to find stuff to make some funny jokes from, I just look at my surroundings.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm not an entertainer, I just say funny **** all the time. It's an extension of my personality and why I have so many friends.
#winning!

Personally, I am generally amusing/entertaining. Sometimes I want to turn off. If the guy is too boring, I am bored.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:52 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Everybody wants to be entertained, men and women. However, you are oinly repsonsible for entertaining yourself. Read this and remember it: You are much better off making a woman smile rather than making her laugh. She wants a man, not a clown.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:00 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I don't expect guys to entertain me. No one can be hilarious and entertaining all the time. I can be a lot of fun but I need down time to recharge my social batteries. I've been sort of dating someone and when we are just sitting around he's asked me a few times if I'm okay because I seem quiet. You should just be yourself. No one should expect someone else to entertain them all the time.
Red flag. Insecure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships