Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 12:26 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
Asexuals can still feel romantic attraction. Romanticism and sex are not equal. This is why I am heteroplatonic, not aplatonic: when I see a pretty woman, she catches my eye. But I don't feel any desire to hump over to her, nor do I imagine me with her doing it; neither do I want to gather her attention because I am not romantic and can't stand corny things. But what I can't see is how can an asexual want sex. It is like saying that a gay man feels sexually attracted to a woman. Whatever happened with bisexuality?
Oh. Well, then that's different. That is significantly less strange ... or unique shall we say.

My friend, or more acquaintance has never expressed interest or attraction to anybody or anything for that matter. It's puzzling to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 12:27 AM

666 posts, read 1,291,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
lots of women see sex as a job, like a household chore but to admit it, is another thing. Especially if you'd admit it to your spouse, you may be called frigid and cold fish so on.There's usually a reason why a person is not interested in sex, it could be hormonal, physical or past abuse can cause it. Being called names only makes a person discuss it less and not tell anyone else and suffer in silence. Because if you never have sex with your SO, they'll go elsewhere so what choice do you have?
The relationship may be great as far as company, someone to share things with, someone to share life with but not the physical part.
I too have no interest in a relationship. I tried for years, forced myself to endure sex, blamed myself...it all led to be being deeply unhappy all those years. Wondering why I was so messed up..I have no interest at all, none...and it's fine by me. It's society that says we have to have "a healthy interest" and how many times a week you should have sex and so on. Freedom from sex is the best gift I gave myself in all my life. It was horrible being forced and forcing myself.
Some of us are simply not here for relationships. It is time society learns we are all not black or white. I wonder why some sexuals are so worried about those of us who don't follow the "norm". I don't think it should be a concern to them. If they are happy with a relationship, fine. Not all of us need one. Asexual aromantics, celibates, and those of us who don't feel the need of a relationship, must be respected.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 AM

666 posts, read 1,291,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Hang out at bars, get a drink or ten in you and you won't be a asexual for long.
Bars and drinking are not my thing.

See I will not be something I am not. If I drink and go to bars I stop being me, and I believe it is really stupid to be something one is not.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:52 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,695,564 times
Do you engage in masturbation? Can an asexual person achieve an erection?

Old 11-29-2012, 02:55 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Bars and drinking are not my thing.

See I will not be something I am not. If I drink and go to bars I stop being me, and I believe it is really stupid to be something one is not.
Try it, you will get laid and enjoy it.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:39 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
Why would we wanna "get laid"? Just because it's all important to one person, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone. It's not a handicap or a horrible thing. I don't miss it! I don't wish I could...It's like "hanging out in bars" I would never hang out in bars, not when I was young and not now..I love to read books, someone else may hate it or have no need for books..not everyone is the same...we are not abominations because we're not into sex. Society needs to eccept differences and stop turning everyone into sheep. Some people never marry, some marry and never want kids, some would love to have kids but physically can't have any...that's how it is.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:41 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
We have friends, we love, we live life, we have dreams...just like others; there's just no need for sex...

Old 11-29-2012, 04:32 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
Some of us are simply not here for relationships. It is time society learns we are all not black or white. I wonder why some sexuals are so worried about those of us who don't follow the "norm". I don't think it should be a concern to them. If they are happy with a relationship, fine. Not all of us need one. Asexual aromantics, celibates, and those of us who don't feel the need of a relationship, must be respected.
I find It slightly ironic that you've posted this in the relationships forum.

Otherwise, whatever. It is what it is.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:39 AM

190 posts, read 305,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
lots of women see sex as a job, like a household chore but to admit it, is another thing. Especially if you'd admit it to your spouse, you may be called frigid and cold fish so on.There's usually a reason why a person is not interested in sex, it could be hormonal, physical or past abuse can cause it. Being called names only makes a person discuss it less and not tell anyone else and suffer in silence. Because if you never have sex with your SO, they'll go elsewhere so what choice do you have?
The relationship may be great as far as company, someone to share things with, someone to share life with but not the physical part.
I too have no interest in a relationship. I tried for years, forced myself to endure sex, blamed myself...it all led to be being deeply unhappy all those years. Wondering why I was so messed up..I have no interest at all, none...and it's fine by me. It's society that says we have to have "a healthy interest" and how many times a week you should have sex and so on. Freedom from sex is the best gift I gave myself in all my life. It was horrible being forced and forcing myself.

This is a good post. It's a shame when people let society dictate to them and set the rules. Good for you that you did what you wanted & found freedom.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
I have never been interested in having sex with anyone. I am heteroplatonic though. I wanted a girlfriend before but for the sake of hanging together and having romantic moments, like walking by hands etc. but I developed aromanticism as I failed in my attempts an I am now an aromatic asexual.

Does this mean that you smell good??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships