Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:46 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Because the person you might be with might not be the one for you. I look at it both ways. I'm married and I would be extremely p*ssed if someone had tried to steal my wife, but I've also seen people get out of a bad relationship by being wooed by someone else. My friend is now married to a wonderful woman who basically stole him from his ex-fiance. The thing is his ex, while very attractive, was an abusive b*tch. She literally physically attacked him on numerous occasions and would constantly belittle him at every opportunity. He spent three years with her and never seemed to have the desire to leave her until he met someone else and realized that he could be with someone that would treat him well.
Well, I am with a wonderful man, but I just think my friend had these feelings for me, and thought he had all the time in the world to share them with me but waited too long....

He saw that things were getting serious with my SO and I. He still asks me over a year later if we are still together and doing well.....

I guess this is a case of, Ya snooze, Ya lose....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 11:52 AM

884 posts, read 1,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well, I am with a wonderful man, but I just think my friend had these feelings for me, and thought he had all the time in the world to share them with me but waited too long....

He saw that things were getting serious with my SO and I. He still asks me over a year later if we are still together and doing well.....

I guess this is a case of, Ya snooze, Ya lose....
Wha? You never got my email marriage proposal?

Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,762,602 times
Generally no, but if I'm attracted to them enough I will, but its very rare that I'm so attracted to a woman that I'll hit on them if they have a boyfriend (beyond physically).

Ha, my friend got the number of a girl while she was on a (first) date with some other guy.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:24 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
Wha? You never got my email marriage proposal?
What?!?!? No I didn't! I swear my bf better step it up! lolol

Old 11-29-2012, 12:28 PM

884 posts, read 1,405,340 times
Quote:
What?!?!? No I didn't! I swear my bf better step it up! lolol
Hmmm, I know I sent it out. Unless I got the email address wrong in which case that would explain why this sasquatch like woman came to my door in a wedding dress.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:28 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Any guys here who have a history of making a move, or hitting on women who they know are already taken?

Not my style or something I do. But the reality is most of the most desirable women are taken.

Interested to hear from guys who do this....mainly to see how they tick, as its not something I can relate to.

...and most of the desirable men don't exist.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,762,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
...and most of the desirable men don't exist.
With that attitude, I bet they're just ignoring you.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:40 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Do they still eat vegemite in Oz?

Old 11-29-2012, 03:47 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,137,510 times
I wouldn't say she was taken, but my g/f had her black book, she dated around...I was in competition and knew it. Fortunately for me, I won her over.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:54 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,082,144 times
Quote:
Why do men do this? I have a male friend who did this when he knew I was with someone, and he had even just asked me if I thought that the man I was with was ...the one!

I will never understand this!
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
The guy I am with now hit on me and started talking to me when I was already in a 3-year relationship. Before me he dated a girl who he also knew had a bf when they started dating/talking.
Because it works apparently...

I can rarely remember being ever strongly attracted to a taken woman. Something in my head just goes off, and it tells me she's taken. There's two exceptions.

1) If I liked the woman when she was still single and she rejected me and got a boyfriend after, I'll probably still have feelings for her.

2) My best friend's wife is attractive to me due to her personality, but if I ever tried anything on her or accepted her advances, I would kill myself. Like literally throw myself in front of a bus the same day no matter how drunk or f@cked up I was at the time. That's how much I respect him as a friend.

Lucky for me, the odds of a taken woman (including her) hitting on me are much lower than actually getting randomly hit by a bus!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships