Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:22 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
The reason he said he did not contact me when he was on medical leave was that he did not feel well enough. Is this bs?
We already answered this on your previous thread on the exact same topic.

Why is there a sudden epidemic of repeat threads by the same people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
I wasn't giving him any attention. I was just being polite when I had to be. Otherwise, I wasn't even talking to him. He did stop contacting me, so I stopped contacting him. There was a period of no contact. The reason he said he did not contact me when he was on medical leave was that he did not feel well enough. Is this bs? Maybe he genuinely wants to reconnect again. However, though I have seen him around work since then, he has not attempted to contact me outside of work.
Don't make excuses for him. He wasn't too sick to send you a quick text letting you know he wasn't feeling well and that he would be in touch when he felt better.

You set the precedent for how guys treat you. This is something I've learned through a series of disappointments. Look, everyone gets busy and not everyone is attached to their phone every minute of the day. I would be willing to understand someone going MIA for a few days, but it sounds like this guy is just full of it given the other things you've said about him.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:40 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Don't make excuses for him. He wasn't too sick to send you a quick text letting you know he wasn't feeling well and that he would be in touch when he felt better.

You set the precedent for how guys treat you. This is something I've learned through a series of disappointments. Look, everyone gets busy and not everyone is attached to their phone every minute of the day. I would be willing to understand someone going MIA for a few days, but it sounds like this guy is just full of it given the other things you've said about him.

Ahhh, me too kiki. Unfortunately while we think we're just being kind or nice by letting these things slide, they're usually seen as an invitation to sling more crap our way - just to see how much we'll take. By no means am I jaded or would I dismiss everything a guy says for not being in touch as an excuse, but there's certain red flags that I've ignored and trivialized in the past and I won't repeat those mistakes. Live and learn, right?

Old 12-04-2012, 04:06 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Ahhh, me too kiki. Unfortunately while we think we're just being kind or nice by letting these things slide, they're usually seen as an invitation to sling more crap our way - just to see how much we'll take. By no means am I jaded or would I dismiss everything a guy says for not being in touch as an excuse, but there's certain red flags that I've ignored and trivialized in the past and I won't repeat those mistakes. Live and learn, right?
Absolutely. I get where the OP is coming from. When you like someone it's easy to come up with excuses for why they haven't called. I have put up with some really really bad behavior from guys in the past. But you're right - live and learn. The older I get the easier it is to say goodbye when a guy starts blowing me off or not giving me what I need to be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships