Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,211,563 times

Advertisements

Happy? Sure. Fulfilled? No way. Sex is a part of life and definitely part of a marriage. Tell him bluntly that things need to change. That it's not a proper marriage and that, frankly, if he isn't going to take care of business, you're going to leave him and/or get it elsewhere. Life's too short, hun. You don't want to wake up 20 years from now and wonder about all the...experiences you missed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,684,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
But when you see another person the same gender you feel attracted to him.

And that can be noticed.

OP: does your husband look on other men in an unusual way?

No? Then he probably is not gay.
Yes, Im sure he drools at the mouth when he sees another man

If he did he wouldn't last this long in a straight marriage

Im going to assume you don't know what you are talking about rather than think you are thick

Old 11-29-2012, 10:44 PM

666 posts, read 1,284,185 times
Maybe since I am not gay not have never had homoplatonic feelings, but I have had heteroplatonic feelings and still do and beautiful and pretty women catch my eye and I am pretty sure friends around me could notice it. It is not I am dropping saliva when I see them but the platonic attraction can be noticed.

So I believe it must be analogous with the gays... after all gays and straights are the same thing except for the gender they feel attracted to.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,585,620 times
You two have officially hijacked this thread and veered into "unhelpful" territory.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You two have officially hijacked this thread and veered into "unhelpful" territory.
We have provided two possible reasons

And your contibution is helpful how?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
We have provided two possible reasons

And your contibution is helpful how?
To get you to stop bickering before the thread is locked.

Did you miss the humanity in the OP? This person is hurting, and you're arguing about the origins of homosexuality.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
To get you to stop bickering before the thread is locked.

Did you miss the humanity in the OP? This person is hurting, and you're arguing about the origins of homosexuality.
Well i think the contributors have already nailed it on the head. Short of the OP being a hideous monster (which I doubt she is), her man is either in need of medical tests for possible hormone imbalances or is a closet gay.

Woohoo Im psychic

Old 11-29-2012, 10:56 PM

666 posts, read 1,284,185 times
Quote:
Excuse me sir. tropical98 as a gay has stated the possibility of the husband of the OP to be gay, and I as an asexual as stated the possibility of the husband of the OP to be asexual. And another person gave a much better possibility on what happens with the husband of the OP, which could be simply low levels of testosterone.

And your opinion is...???? What can you contribute?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Excuse me sir. tropical98 as a gay has stated the possibility of the husband of the OP to be gay, and I as an asexual as stated the possibility of the husband of the OP to be asexual. And another person gave a much better possibility on what happens with the husband of the OP, which could be simply low levels of testosterone.

And your opinion is...???? What can you contribute?
I sent the OP a DM since I knew the trolls were out.

And you can call me "ma'am."

Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,142,240 times
Quote:
No offense to any of the posters so far but as I read some of you I really am happy to have decided to stay in a celibate life. I can't register how can I fall in love with someone and just because of lack of sex I would think about filing for divorce or wanting to break the relationship. Whatever happened to all that "I love you", "I need you", etc.... so it is all physical? And some people dare to tell me to fix my possible testosterone problem. I believe most relationships today are a pile of bogus. NO THANKS.

Just a comment.
If you're referring to my post, please note where I said,

Quote:
It wasn't so much the absence of sex as the absence of intimacy of any kind. I felt like we'd been growing further and further apart each year, and I wanted no more of it.
A marriage is all about intimacy -- some physical, mostly mental/emotional. If there's no closeness, it's strictly a business partnership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships