Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
A select handful, and only a handful, of married women on my FB, from HS and college, NEVER make posts which reflect a minimal level of critical thinking. It gets annoying, at least to me. There's nothing more to read into.
It's Facebook not a blog site. You are making a way huge deal out of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I tend to avoid Facebook a lot because I feel ostracized online because of my single status. Everyone is married, engaged or with someone. I just found out my younger cousin is now getting married and it is upsetting me. It's one thing that almost everyone around my age is married but now people 10-20 years younger than me are getting married. I know if taco man doesn't like me I will never find anyone and it depresses me.

Yes I like cats which is a good thing.

Best solution: delete your facebook page permanently (make sure to delete and not deactivate). Make sure not to try to login for the full 2 weeks + a couple days after you delete as an attempt to login during that period will reactivate the account.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
So it's true you are using taco man as your last ditch option in case nothing better comes along? That's pretty cold...

Old 12-01-2012, 10:50 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So it's true you are using taco man as your last ditch option in case nothing better comes along? That's pretty cold...
I had her labeled as a cold-hearted person anyway. If that's true, it doesn't surprise me at all.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:13 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
It's Facebook not a blog site. You are making a way huge deal out of this.
Critical thinking can be displayed with economy of words, a YouTube which you can choose to watch or not watch, a provocative link, or an interesting picture.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:17 AM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
A select handful, and only a handful, of married women on my FB, from HS and college, NEVER make posts which reflect a minimal level of critical thinking. It gets annoying, at least to me. There's nothing more to read into.
And what profound wisdom do you share via FB that makes the world such a better place?

Christ, it's a way to keep in touch with friends, not a competition to be the Socrates of 2012.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:25 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And what profound wisdom do you share via FB that makes the world such a better place?

Christ, it's a way to keep in touch with friends, not a competition to be the Socrates of 2012.
None of my stuff is that profound. I try to keep it entertaining. Some of my friends are way more political, environmentally charged, and whatnot ... and I just shrug, "eh, that's their soapbox."

Maybe you can make it a New Year's resolution to keep "bad blood" from other threads from seeping into current ones?

Old 12-01-2012, 11:44 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Not at all, I truly like him.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:19 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,389 times
I'm the opposite of the OP. I see guys getting married (many to women who are just average as far as looks and personality) and find myself very happy about the fact that I'll still be able to enjoy the single life for the remainder of my 20s and 30s (instead of having a wife, kids, and other things that would keep me from enjoying my freedom in addition to exploring various social and professional opportunities).

Old 12-01-2012, 02:50 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I'm the opposite of the OP. I see guys getting married (many to women who are just average as far as looks and personality) and find myself very happy about the fact that I'll still be able to enjoy the single life for the remainder of my 20s and 30s (instead of having a wife, kids, and other things that would keep me from enjoying my freedom in addition to exploring various social and professional opportunities).
There's nothing wrong with choosing to stay single, but there's also nothing wrong with guys who choose to get married and have a family. Some guys actually love their wife and kids and don't feel tied down or that their freedom is restricted. Oh and heaven forbid anyone marry someone who is average...I'm sure you yourself are so far above average, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships