Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 12:45 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I just don't get how a person like this can blame having sex for why they're single.

They're probably single because they are the sort of people that do things like this ^^^ all the time and no one wants to go there.

My dad is in his 50s and no one cares about numbers anymore in his farm. When you are looking for a wife the "I'm going to f*** like a man" mentality doesn't work. You need to learn to relate to younger people if you want to make a point. I'm sure I will appreciate your thought process in 30 years or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 05:09 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I am NOT bending on dating men with kids, please knock this off. I do not want to come after the kids, I do not want to pay for his kids or exwife (see last page where I posted something about stepparents and child support), I will only marry in church (and let's be honest many men who have been married don't want to remarry). I don't want to reschedule dates because of his kids, I don't want to deal with the drama. I don't want to deal with the idea he has already been through the wedding/kids thing and so much more.
When a man (or woman) doesn't want to remarry, there's a reason for it. In general, if someone does not want to remarry, the previous marriage/relationship was something less than ideal. Very often, those that do not want the drama either carry or create enough drama of their own that they don't need any additional help. (Kids and previous relationships are not the only source of drama in a relationship, and are actually at reduced levels to the rest of the drama created within the relationship itself.)

When I hear someone say they "don't want the drama", it's a huge red flag for me. Don't get involved. If I do, she's going to be the prime source of a major amount of drama. Probably far more than she's worth. Most certainly not "long-term relationship" material if a guy wants a comfortable future.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:41 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
According to that one thread about how many partners you've had, you should feel liberated that you sleep with a bunch of men. And that you should lie to your future husband about it.
This place is like a dam twilight zone I swear

Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
What I did in the past is done but now I live a moral life. However I have never been divorced or had kids and choose men like me.

I'm not talking about your past. I'm talking about the here and now. The way you talk about others, and describe how you treat them, speaks volumes. Dropped in on this craziness, dropping out again now.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Why should I budge? I do not accept men with different values, why would I? Religion is important to me and people who don't share my values will depress me. No thanks I'd rather be alone the rest of my life, but I will not be.
I'm not saying you should budge. Just be prepared to remain single. Relationships are always a two-way street. You appear to be a one-way person and as you've found out first hand, most don't buy into that. Many people on this forum are telling you that you have a tail. You might want to take note.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This place is like a dam twilight zone I swear
I'm pretty sure I would rather live in the twilight zone in a teepee on the side of a glacier than see/read much more of all this "woe is me I've caused my own problems but it is always someone else's fault threads."

Old 12-02-2012, 08:23 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
I met a great guy who likes me but may not in that way (but who knows).
He just wants sex with you.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:26 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Could there possibly be other reasons to explain your situation? Most of the girls that lured me into their beds in myyouth are happily married today.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
women dont marry often bek they are playing out of their league until they are too old. if you wana marry start settling. pretty boys are always up to sex, sure he will date down to get it. but steady eddy is getting overlooked alot and he is the one that cares about u. gloria steinman didnt teach u that did she- but i bet your mama did

Old 12-02-2012, 04:09 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
women dont marry often bek they are playing out of their league until they are too old. if you wana marry start settling. pretty boys are always up to sex, sure he will date down to get it. but steady eddy is getting overlooked alot and he is the one that cares about u. gloria steinman didnt teach u that did she- but i bet your mama did
I bet her mama didn't. Lots of moms weren't teaching their children what makes a great husband, instead fixating on ensuring their daughters went to college in order to have control over their earning potential. They wanted their daughters to have a "better" life. They succeeded, as we can see women in their 40s have gone much further than any women before. And women in their 40s are unmarried are higher rates then before, and most are unhappy about it (though they won't admit it). It is a different skill set to teach, how to select a husband. It is a skill set that mothers abandoned teaching in the 60s in favor of teaching women's liberation. This is why I think it is important for women to discuss both with their daughters. So they can have a realistic idea of how life is shaped by personal choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships