Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 05:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That is a tough list for a dude in his 40's.... I have 2 of the 3, but men like me are rare..........not braggin or anything... just saying....
The childless is a definite dealbreaker, the never married is pretty much a dealbreaker except in extreme cases (like he was civilly married)and the Catholic is pretty strong too but I could bend on this if he has the other two and is open to going to church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 05:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Some never married women in their 40s are happy with their personal lives, and some are not. That you can't accept that and instead sling a personal insult at me doesn't help your protect of modern-day feminism very much. You really can't see how bad this makes you look? Do you really think I am the bitter one here?
I am not bitter Onglet. It's merely an observation based on the past few months of your posts.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:11 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I generally agree, except I don't think you have to wait til marriage, but if you wait a bit, it at least weeds out a lot of guys right off of the bat......
You think? I don't think; I know what the Bible says about this and so many people would have so much less trouble in their lives if they would read the Bible and use it as a guide. People like to disregard the Bible and think they know better, but they don't and they end up unhappy because people that cannot listen have to learn the hard way. Sex was never meant to be outside of marriage. And sex is between a man and a woman otherwise the body parts don't match. It is just common logic.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You don't have to date men with children - but it would be nice if you stop talking about how you detest them and what scum they are. I don't think anyone has an issue with you being really picky - that's all fine and dandy - but you don't have to be so cruel to everyone else. It's just not necessary.
The only ones I call scum are the men who have several out of wedlock children and I stick by this. Divorced dads just don't fit what I desire and no interest in being a stepmom or supporting his other family.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Their daughters did and do have a better life. They have the freedom to choose. The fact that some women don't have a man in their 40s isn't because they chose their career. Many women have a career AND a husband...and oh my god they even manage to have kids as well. I work with these women. The women in their 40s who don't have a man have seldom NEVER had a boyfriend, they just haven't had a successful long term relationship.

You have such a skewed view based on your bitterness at your inability to score yourself a decent guy. Don't blame feminism for your own failures.
That's exactly it, many women are single because they refuse to settle and didn't care if they married. I know several women who are very happy they are single at 40 or above. I've had several relationships but I knew none of them had what I desired in a marriage.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You think? I don't think; I know what the Bible says about this and so many people would have so much less trouble in their lives if they would read the Bible and use it as a guide. People like to disregard the Bible and think they know better, but they don't and they end up unhappy because people that cannot listen have to learn the hard way.
Take it to the religion forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The only ones I call scum are the men who have several out of wedlock children and I stick by this. Divorced dads just don't fit what I desire and no interest in being a stepmom or supporting his other family.
You also call obese people disgusting. You just don't need to call people names and talk about them so cruelly. It's just not necessary.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:15 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Divorced dads just don't fit what I desire and no interest in being a stepmom or supporting his other family.
Cool for you.

Curious why you feel you must defend this constantly ? Are you trying to justify to yourself your desires ?

I like women who drive red cars. I hardly ever post about that.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Cool for you.

Curious why you feel you must defend this constantly ? Are you trying to justify to yourself your desires ?

I like women who drive red cars. I hardly ever post about that.

oh please. you might not post it but they carry on about single mothers every other week. So read it and weep.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:18 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
oh please. you might not post it but they carry on about single mothers every other week. So read it and weep.
I think you've been drinking way too much today. I date single mothers.

You're confused.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:18 PM

52,247 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You think? I don't think; I know what the Bible says about this and so many people would have so much less trouble in their lives if they would read the Bible and use it as a guide. People like to disregard the Bible and think they know better, but they don't and they end up unhappy because people that cannot listen have to learn the hard way. Sex was never meant to be outside of marriage. And sex is between a man and a woman otherwise the body parts don't match. It is just common logic.
I can respect that.

I am not a Christian myself, but the basic tenets, if followed properly, are actually useful...... I think a lot of people abuse religion and treat it like an a la carte buffet.......JMHO as always....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships