Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 06:14 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
When I was younger I often slept with a guy early on thinking it was a relationship. It wasn't, he just wanted sex. Meanwhile I saw many of these men marry other women. I am 41 and will probably be single the rest of my life because I didn't realize these losers only saw me as a piece of meat. Next man who tries to get sex from me will get what he deserves and it won't be pretty.
Well you probably haven't dated a man like me.

Anyway, I think that you actually should clearly articulate what your wants and non-wants are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 06:46 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
When I was younger I often slept with a guy early on thinking it was a relationship. It wasn't, he just wanted sex. Meanwhile I saw many of these men marry other women. I am 41 and will probably be single the rest of my life because I didn't realize these losers only saw me as a piece of meat. Next man who tries to get sex from me will get what he deserves and it won't be pretty.

Oh, as if THAT was the reason, if only you had turned them down for sex they would have wanted to marry you.

There are about the same number of married med as married women. To suggest that women want marriage and men don't is silly.

BTW, you should have been having sex because YOU enjoyed it.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:57 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
I think you're scapegoating. The only person this is really going to hurt is you.

So, you wish you hadn't slept with your exes so quickly. Stop doing it from here forward.

You wish guys had considered you marriage material. Make sure you don't waste time dating men who have no interest in the possibility of marriage down the road.

It's pretty straightforward.

Being bitter, angry, or becoming jaded over your past is going to seriously limit your future prospects.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Well you probably haven't dated a man like me.

Anyway, I think that you actually should clearly articulate what your wants and non-wants are.

People who have been hurt over & over tend to not want someone good in thier lives in reality they are not sure how to handle it. So they blow it & go back to what they know or think they deserve. I'm dealing with that now I have a GREAT GF & I keep waiting for her to blow me off & she's not. So I'm working on that before I lose her myself. I think it's easier to blame said sex on someone else instead of looking in the mirror. Or seeing that this person is excalty like the last person. Nice guys scare them off there always seems to be a motive.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Quote:
Oh I want cut him there but may do other things. I know if this guy rejects me I will stop dating or even wanting a man. I am tired of the evil men that hurt women and that is mostly what is out there in the dating world.
I didn't read through all the posts so if my 2 cents is repeated, I apologize.

The problem isn't with all the men. The problem is with the men YOU chose. After reading this, I'm hoping the prospective "taco man" just walks away or that you put the prospect of him on hold right now until you seek some help. What you've said is not something a normal thinking person, whether it be a man or woman would think. You have some serious issues with men and now if taco man tries to make a move and the relationship goes sour, he'll have to suffer for it. I've made bad choices in my life with men but I didn't allow those choices to jade me or be angry against them. I made those choices. After reading some of your other posts in other threads, I sincerely believe that you need someone to talk to--not your mom but a licensed professional. The comments almost sound bi-polar at times. While you speak sweetly about taco man in other threads, you're now already planning the harm that may come to him if he rejects you. A relationship with any man will never be healthy or work if this is how you're thinking and feeling. Some of the comments sound almost psychotic. You can't blame all men for the bad choices you've made. I really think you need to take a look inside of you and see what those men saw that caused them to just use you and leave.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:04 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,762,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I wonder if guys who do this ever feel bad about it.
About as bad as the women who do the same thing

Old 11-30-2012, 08:31 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I didn't read through all the posts so if my 2 cents is repeated, I apologize.

The problem isn't with all the men. The problem is with the men YOU chose.
I don't even think it's that. She even said many of those men went on to marry. When one kid can't get along with all the others in the playground, the problem is probably with the kid not all the others.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:38 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I don't even think it's that. She even said many of those men went on to marry. When one kid can't get along with all the others in the playground, the problem is probably with the kid not all the others.
That's true but we don't know anything about those men and for all we know, this could have happened 20+ years ago and the guys were just immature and ended up getting married years later. Whatever the case is, what the OP is saying is very disturbing. To actually say she would cause them harm...that's not a healthy mentality.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
I live with 3 roommates who were in a frat in college who u can call Alpha Males. Their attitude is they use girls they dont care about and stay with the ones who have the personality. So if ur an insecure girl who is willing to give ur body right away, thats most likely what will happen.

I agree with whats been said.. its 95% most likely the guys u were are dating. U said u had a nice body when u were in ur 20s, guess who u were probably attracting and go after? The "bad boys " or the ones that wanted to use u and leave.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:49 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
(sings) Tis the season to be bitter Fah rah rah rah, rah rah rah rah.(/sings)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships