Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 06:56 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times

Advertisements

[quote=Dewdrop93;27170549]This isn't really "female" jealousy. quote]

Whatever dude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post

Whatever dude
So you think all women with boyfriends get jealous when another woman is talking to another guy? I mean - the scenario doesn't even make sense to me. Why the hell would I care who some other woman is talking to? So - yeah - this isn't "female" jealousy - this is just a jealous person. Not all women are the same.

Last edited by Dewdroplet76; 12-01-2012 at 07:50 PM..

Old 12-01-2012, 07:33 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
She sounds jealous and controlling. She sounds neurotic.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:09 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
Probably a gal can still get jealous over another gal taking to another guy because she's attracted to the guy no different than even if a guy has a steady girlfriend he can still in a single day fantasize about busting a nut in many gals.

In my opinion it's a bit illogical to assume a gal is satisfied with her lot in life considering statistics show most gals are unhappy in relationships and divorce is often initiated by gals. In my experience most gals are content with their boyfriend they're definitely not satisfied.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:12 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
why is it that even if a girl has a steady boyfriend, she can still get jealous over another female's talking to another guy? this can happen at work situations or in social situations. is the "jealousy' response actually felt as "jealousy" or can it just be a stereotyped response(ie how some girls just respond)?

what i am trying to say is that one would think that a girl who has a steady partner would not care about anyone else cause it is assumed she is satisfied with her lot in life.

ive seen this at work where a girl with a steady partner "hates" another girl cause she's talking to another guy, even if the hated girl doesn't even have a steady partner or not as 'together" as the jealous girl

i guess it just is what it is??
I'd say that this "girl" has a thing for the guy at work independent of her relationship status. There's no other reason to get jealous.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 AM

10,208 posts, read 17,859,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Stop hanging out with crazy chicks? Seriously, I don't know anyone like this...
Ditto. I'm a woman and have never done this, nor have I ever seen any other woman do this.

Either this woman has such low self esteem that she needs to be the center of all male attention to feel good about herself or she secretly has a crush on the guy in question, regardless of being in a relationship with another guy.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:17 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,020,489 times
My guess is the former - must be the center of attention. There are people of both sexes who are like this. Men show it by strutting around with their chests out and bragging. Women show it by complaining loudly, wearing immodest and/or attention-grabbing clothing, causing commotions, and claiming ownership of powerful men and going all alpha on other women to defend their "turf.". It has nothing to do with romantic interest in the men. It's about attention and perceiving themselves as "top dog.". Yes, it happens in offices.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:36 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
why is it that even if a girl has a steady boyfriend, she can still get jealous over another female's talking to another guy? this can happen at work situations or in social situations. is the "jealousy' response actually felt as "jealousy" or can it just be a stereotyped response(ie how some girls just respond)?

what i am trying to say is that one would think that a girl who has a steady partner would not care about anyone else cause it is assumed she is satisfied with her lot in life.

ive seen this at work where a girl with a steady partner "hates" another girl cause she's talking to another guy, even if the hated girl doesn't even have a steady partner or not as 'together" as the jealous girl

i guess it just is what it is??
It's called hater.

Usually, a jealous person feels inadequate about themselves somehow, despite always appearing to have the 'upper-hand' and constantly wanting to maintain it.

I call this kind of behavior- oneupmanship.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:17 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Some women have a vain, queen-bee attitude where they must be the prettiest and most desirable of any group of women. Rivals are put down or sabotaged. The jealous one at work may be that type.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:37 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
In general terms, most women are jealous, insecure and vain. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships