Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 06:37 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
One of those deleters sent me a private message that said she only keeps phyisically attractive people on her FB because she's a photographer and only takes pictures of beautiful people. She called me some other words too, but she changed from HS, which I used to know her really well.
wtf???!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 06:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
wtf???!!!
Yeah. That one was pretty brutal, and it struck me pretty hard. She was nothing like that in school, pretty much the polar opposite of that. Then I guess her beauty got to her and she turned into a b*tch to put it nicely. She photographs weddings as a small business. Now she ONLY cares about physical beauty I guess. But she has an easy life, which gives her the room to be like that.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:15 PM

681 posts, read 618,301 times
Quote:
I've been deleted 3 times since I've had FB. 2 of them were just simple "I don't know you very well." and that's not a big deal. One of those deleters sent me a private message that said she only keeps phyisically attractive people on her FB because she's a photographer and only takes pictures of beautiful people. She called me some other words too, but she changed from HS, which I used to know her really well.
Wow, thats really F'ed man, I would have WENT OFF. Surely, she can't be that good looking?

Old 12-02-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
Wow, thats really F'ed man, I would have WENT OFF. Surely, she can't be that good looking?
I'm not about to put a picture of her up or anything, but she definitely aged well, and still looks small after having some kids.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
I've been deleted 3 times since I've had FB. 2 of them were just simple "I don't know you very well." and that's not a big deal.
This happened to me, a co-worker who worked in another office I met just once. He said FB is for close friends .... and de-friended me with a message. Which is fine. But to be honest, I wanted to keep up the "friendship" because we had the same b-day.

I think I have lost a few "friends" but I wouldn't know. No one important I would say.

In terms of facebook "hurts" I an only think of one, a person I used to be close to who went to the black hole. I drop him a line once in a while (his b-day is around mine) but he rarely responds!

Quote:
One of those deleters sent me a private message that said she only keeps phyisically attractive people on her FB because she's a photographer and only takes pictures of beautiful people. She called me some other words too, but she changed from HS, which I used to know her really well.
OMG, what a brat!!!!!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
I'm not about to put a picture of her up or anything, but she definitely aged well, and still looks small after having some kids.
She's a freaken b*tch. No need to act like this. A true artist sees beauty in everyone.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This happened to me, a co-worker who worked in another office I met just once. He said FB is for close friends .... and de-friended me with a message. Which is fine. But to be honest, I wanted to keep up the "friendship" because we had the same b-day.

I think I have lost a few "friends" but I wouldn't know. No one important I would say.

In terms of facebook "hurts" I an only think of one, a person I used to be close to who went to the black hole. I drop him a line once in a while (his b-day is around mine) but he rarely responds!

OMG, what a brat!!!!!
The only reason why I know that 3 people have unfriended me is because they pop up on that list of people who I may know list on the side. I have something like 100 friends whome I've kept in touch with. unfriending me because you may not know me well enough is fine, and the mesages I had from those 2 were appreciated.

Like I said, she had life handed to her on a plate. Easy her entire life, I just didn't think she would turn like that so easily.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:45 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,473 times
I say they are loose and tramps and they are dirty so they should be addressed as such. Asking for phone numbers and talking about hiking and interests?...nonsense, walk right up to them and tell em you'd like to hit that or you wanna go have a smoke in the back of the car, lol. Seriously what are they gonna do, Slap your face? Get to the point, these are drunk women you are dealing with here so act accordingly.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:52 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
WOW just WOW! People sure can be beyond cruel.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:59 PM

478 posts, read 809,469 times
A few thoughts:

-pick a bar/club you're comfortable in, preferably one where you've been a few times and know the bartenders. Makes it much easier to communicate good, natural body language and not come across as weird.

-It's better to also pick a bar/club that has both loud, dancing areas and quieter, lounge like areas with seating where you can talk. If you meet a girl at one, try to spend some time in the other area w her. Variety of settings etc

-Preferably, if you live in a city, it should be within walking distance of your place, or at least near public transportation/a good taxi route for logistics' sake

-I agree with those who say if you're not at least above average looking, this will be an uphill battle.

-You'll have more luck if you focus on 1) girls about as good looking as you are or a little less so, 2) quieter or "normally" social girls on the sidelines instead of noisy attention grabbers in the middle of the venue standing up on tables etc, 3) girls who make some kind of eye contact w you first, or who 'randomly' happen to end up in your area a little more frequently than chance would suggest.

-buying a drink is fine if you're vibing w her, esp if she's reciprocating w good physical contact and is indicating interest. i think it's silly some people have made a 'rule' never to buy a drink. just don't become a walking bank for her & her friends, and don't buy it as a license to talk w her. you guys should already be strongly hitting it off before you do that

-don't waste your time if somebody isn't interested. you can tell. really, if there's any doubt in your mind, assume she's not interested and find somebody who's a better prospect. if there's a snowball's chance in hell of you taking them home that night, you'll know almost from the minute you start interacting w her. Usually. (rules are made to be bent here, but i'd say this is true more often than not)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships