Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 07:04 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
LADIES -

DON'T LIE - How about an honest answer?

You know a guy at 17 and he is unimpressive, and maybe socially stunded. Twenty years later, he looks good, he is educated, he has a good job, and he is conversant (B- to B) but not "way cool," would you (a) seriously consider him, and (b) would you be hemmed in by the prejudices of you and your peer group?

LET'S HEAR IT. NO SUGARCOATING.

I don't know many mature adults who give two patoots about our peer groups opinion when considering a LTR.

Or care about "way cool".

I definitely get the impression that a lot of what I assume are adult posters, are still stuck in high school mode.

I can't answer such a hypothetical. Depends what I was looking for at that time, and on the guy himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't know many mature adults who give two patoots about our peer groups opinion when considering a LTR.

Or care about "way cool".

I definitely get the impression that a lot of what I assume are adult posters, are still stuck in high school mode.

I can't answer such a hypothetical. Depends what I was looking for at that time, and on the guy himself.
Oh, there we go again. It's amazing how if a person is on the parochial school track, even in a large metro area, little changes ... and it carries forward to the reunions. I saw this and learned I didn't want to be involved in this. Most of these people's FB (for reference sake) friends are about 50+% from HS and, yes, they went on to college and careers. Most of mine are from little kid years, grad school and beyond, adults met going about the business of life, co-workers, or friends made overseas.

In such "incestuous" circles, this does not come as a surprise. So, yes, some people ARE stuck in high school. Not just at my high school, but at many, and for those who did not continue on, that's their last rite of passage, so they are relishing it, today.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If you are well off yet a doosh....no I don't want you.
What if it's a doosh (you mean douche) who performs with a whoosh?
I needed that to rhyme.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
What if it's a doosh (you mean douche) who performs with a whoosh?
I needed that to rhyme.
Nope I spelled it how I would of spoken it.

Even if he was good at his job, I don't want a jerk. Who wants to constantly say, " Please forgive my BF he is an arse".

Old 12-02-2012, 08:07 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,082,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Proof that rejection has some serious long-lasting effects on some people.
Amen... it really does.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,411,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
You were the cute 20 something that turned every guy down because you thought you were so cute. You slept around and got drunk every weekend. You were one of the "cool girls" in high school and college. You never gave the "nerdy guy" a chance.

WAIT A MINUTE.............FAST FOWARD

Nerdy guy is now 37 and he's no longer nedy looking, he's transformed his body to a lean muscle machine and he's spent the last 15 years working on his career and building his business. He now earns a high 6 figure income and is well traveled.

Oh, wait a minute............NOW YOU WANT HIM.

Yes, the above story is real and it happens.

I say, to heck with her. She's no longer the cute 20 something girl, she's now 35 and used up and has had a series a bad relationships and a divorce.

Yup, this happens to guys all of the time.
Your post reminds me of a guy I know and grew up with. Said the same thing. He's a millionare who makes over 7 figures, owns a nice car, nice house, and still pays for sex cus the ladies he chases either work at a Vietnamse coffee shop or strip club, and he's still in the same boat.

FYI- some chicks don't care about money/status. One girl he chased dumped him bc she was tired of hearing his story about the cute girl, and his obsession with making money to prove himself. Hmm.

Hope you find someone you like for you, and isn't all about the superficials.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I definitely think it's unfair that i'm in good shape and i'm getting rejected by overweight women. Something tells me that if a fit woman was getting rejected by overweight men, she would probably think it was unfair too. I know a woman who got upset and offended just because an overweight man tried to pursue her. Not because an overweight man rejected her, but just the fact that an overweight man thought he had a shot with her offended her. She was offended that he didn't think she was Out of his League. She thought he should have been intimidated by her.

The things that are happening to me... i think if they happened to a woman, the woman would likely be just as upset.
WTF is with this post?
You think someone being overweight entitles you to expect gratitude or make them so super desperate for the crumbs you throw them?
That's ridiculous.
Overweight people can have standards, too.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,179,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
WTF is with this post?
You think someone being overweight entitles you to expect gratitude or make them so super desperate for the crumbs you throw them?
That's ridiculous.
Overweight people can have standards, too.
If they want to have standards that exclude me, then they should stop complaining when other people have standards that exclude them. It's hypocritical and ridiculous.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
You were the cute 20 something that turned every guy down because you thought you were so cute. You slept around and got drunk every weekend. You were one of the "cool girls" in high school and college. You never gave the "nerdy guy" a chance.

WAIT A MINUTE.............FAST FOWARD

Nerdy guy is now 37 and he's no longer nedy looking, he's transformed his body to a lean muscle machine and he's spent the last 15 years working on his career and building his business. He now earns a high 6 figure income and is well traveled.

Oh, wait a minute............NOW YOU WANT HIM.

Yes, the above story is real and it happens.

I say, to heck with her. She's no longer the cute 20 something girl, she's now 35 and used up and has had a series a bad relationships and a divorce.

Yup, this happens to guys all of the time.
Cool, way to make a post about an overplayed cliche

Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
If they want to have standards that exclude me, then they should stop complaining when other people have standards that exclude them. It's hypocritical and ridiculous.
I don't disagree with you.
No one should complain about anything.
But that's all we hear from many males on this site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships