Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times

Advertisements

I usually eat alone these days now that I've moved out from family. Sometimes I'm content with it, and sometimes I just get uncomfortable. I'm talking eating out of course, not eating in. Generally dive bars and diners, like Lamplight said, are more perferable, because they have a casual atmosphere, cheap homely food, and also access to potential social interaction. Eating dinner at a bar is much better than in a sit down place, because you can turn to your right or left and say hey there, that steak looks pretty good, so how are the niners doing this season, blablabla. One simply can't do that in a fancy French place with small, overpriced plates of food and everyone else in the restaurant are couples and/or families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
Many people have incurable skin viruses like herpes and unknowingly pass it along to other people due to their ignorance of how certain STDs are transmitted. Attention people you can get herpes even while wearing a condom. If you have oral herpes AKA cold sores and go down on someone with visible sores or not, you can give them genital herpes. It's incurable and it's your responsibility to explain to every partner afterwards that you have it so that they can decide whether or not to take a chance on you.
I'm not sure if I buy this whole "you can catch herpes even if you have on a condom" talk. I've hooked up some of the dirtiest chicks imaginable (don't ask) and still haven't caught the herp, so considering who I've hooked up with in the past, I think it's nearly impossible to catch if a condom is used.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,117 times
Tip from Johnny Foreigner here: don't live in America if god forbid, you are single with no children past the elderly age of 35. While back in Londonderry no one would give a rat's arse, in New York, Baltimore, Los Angeles, Boston, San Francisco, Chicago and Atlanta...it seems to be an issue because of American conformism. No wonder why brahmabull wants to go back to Armenia....if I were him, I would fek off too. I'm moving back to the land of her majesty, a temperate climate and normal non-self-entitled and truly independent women who are equal and boy, I can't wait! Land of the bloody free my arse!!!!!!

Fek your twinkies, immature women, cancer-causing food, fuel guzzling vehicles and lousy attitudes!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
I'm an anglophile too Hombre, but that was a little harsh. The US is a massive country, and the cities you listed are all very disparate...I'm sure it's the people you've been hanging out with. Have you just been with very conservative, family minded friends?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I imagine them to be having an exciting life still doing adventurous things. Like, often. Is this true?
I am doing well. I am doing a lot of interesting activities. Lots of travel. No serious concerns or responsibilities. Available for anything at any time (excerpt work hours, of course).

[a woman in my life to join me would be nice but her presence is not a prerequesite to my happiness]

Old 12-04-2012, 09:02 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Some are bringing up the financial advantage of being single and childless. True in a sense. However it should be noted that the childless have the worst tax situation, no deductions and no child tax credits. Very few childless people, even those with relatively low incomes, are in the 47% who pay no income tax.
You really think its profitable to have a kid????? That child tax credit is nothing compared to the amount you spend on basics like food, clothing, child care etc. Even if you feed your kid gruel and don't send them to college, you're way behind financially.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:02 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,109 times
I am 2 weeks shy of 35 was married for 8 years. No kids.

I have never been happier. I went back to school and finished my masters, travelled a lot, had a lot of fun, go out a lot, even alone (which most women my age feel is like being desperate, but I don't give a fvck)

I do not have a boyfriend and haven't had one since my divorce almost 4 years ago. I semi-coverted to buddhism and learned through prayer and meditation to accept life and be happy...count your blessings.

I was talking to a friend of mine on saturday who is 57 and he is still dealing with his teenage daughters. He had a stroke due to the stress.

Having kids does not guarantee you happiness or having a partners or having sex with countless imaginary women (overcompensate much?). Happiness imo is being in peace with yourself and the world. Count your blessings and be grateful.

Having a husband or wife does not guarantee you happiness either.

If you really want to be happy seek peace within yourself and forget about the other people and their misery. Our life in this country are very privileged and plentiful compared to other people in the world. And honestly this thread sounds so inconsequent and irrelevant is almost laughable.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:04 PM

630 posts, read 1,049,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I'm not sure if I buy this whole "you can catch herpes even if you have on a condom" talk. I've hooked up some of the dirtiest chicks imaginable (don't ask) and still haven't caught the herp, so considering who I've hooked up with in the past, I think it's nearly impossible to catch if a condom is used.
It doesn't matter whether you buy it or not. Herpes is a skin virus, so you can shed the virus around the genitals in areas the condoms won't protect. It can also be passed when there are no sores or symptoms, which means that lots of people who are sexually active get it and most of those people passing and receiving it don't know they have it. You're at more risk of getting the infection from someone who doesn't know they have it and therefore isn't taking suppressive therapy. Also, you can have an HSV infection for years and years and not know because you've never had an outbreak. Not to mention normal STD tests do not test for herpes, you have to request a blood test in order to know whether you have it or not. There's plenty of anecdotal evidence from people who have caught the virus while using a condom in the herpes-coldsore forum if you're curious. But if you're sleeping around with "the dirtiest chicks imaginable" and you've taken a test and it comes up negative, well..consider yourself lucky.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
I'm glad I'm not married, it seems like a nightmare I could never wake up from. I'd always be accountable to my wife, couldn't buy whatever I want,couldn't move without consulting her, can't sleep with other women, I would literally have no reason to live. People who really want to get married basically seem like aliens to me. I don't know what good having kids does anyone, parents just have tons of extra stress worrying about their kids and financial problems. Fat load of good having kids did my parents, they're depressed alcoholics.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I imagine them to be having an exciting life still doing adventurous things. Like, often. Is this true?

you have a great imagination, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships