Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 AM

482 posts, read 798,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
Don't do this on a date

bark like a dog - YouTube
If you expect for a woman to bark like a dog, that means you are one sick individual.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:29 AM

884 posts, read 1,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
If you expect for a woman to bark like a dog, that means you are one sick individual.
Now calm down there. If you actually read the post, you would see the smiley face (as shown here --> ) which indicates the post was meant in jest.

And you would have also noted it said "DON'T" do this. Go back and re-read it.

You are taking things way too seriously. Get a grip.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:36 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
Now calm down there. If you actually read the post, you would see the smiley face (as shown here --> ) which indicates the post was meant in jest.

And you would have also noted it said "DON'T" do this. Go back and re-read it.

You are taking things way too seriously. Get a grip.
I'm sorry - but Coming to America is a sick movie. What kind of man refuses to marry a princess and wants to marry for love instead? Sick, I tell you! Sick!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 AM

884 posts, read 1,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm sorry - but Coming to America is a sick movie. What kind of man refuses to marry a princess and wants to marry for love instead? Sick, I tell you! Sick!

LOL you have a point.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 AM

681 posts, read 618,129 times
Quote:
It does, but if you let a guy talk about himself you will find out a lot about him, to the point where you can make a sounding judgement.
Well I know that game already so if they are smart like me they won't talk, if the woman can't talk about herself then she is done for anyway because I need someone that can hold a conversation.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,377 times
Quote:
Ok everyone. We all had first dates, and what not, and I pretty sure we all made mistakes, or might mistakes that can be preventable. So here's my list.As a woman.

Never let a guy,pick you at your home on the first date.

DO let the guy talk all he wants.Just sit there, and be quiet, and observe.

If you are going to a restaurant, Do Not eat to fast, or hell, don't even eat anything.Just sit there, and look at your food.

Do please brush your teeth.

Carry pepper spray or mace.

If a guy has nasty smelling breath don't let him touch you.
Not a horrible list, don't agree with #3, 5, or 6 but I've seen worse.

My rules: don't spend a lot of money. If it's an online date I'm not shelling out the dough if I haven't seen you or met you yet. We'll meet for a drink or coffee, chat to see if you can hold a conversation and that you look like your pictures represented you as. There's plenty of time for date 2 or 3 or 4 to drop the cash on a fancy date. I also like this because if they DON'T look like their picture or they suck at conversing then you can say you have to be up early tomorrow and that you have to get going and not waste your entire evening. Which leads me to another rule, I don't waste weekend nights on a first date either. I try not to schedule any dates on a weekend night until she asks to go on one for the weekend or why I haven't taken her out on weekends. I just have found that weekend nights given to girls only in the dating stage makes them think they're more important than the rest of my social life....and that just isn't true.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:40 PM

482 posts, read 798,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Not a horrible list, don't agree with #3, 5, or 6 but I've seen worse.

My rules: don't spend a lot of money. If it's an online date I'm not shelling out the dough if I haven't seen you or met you yet. We'll meet for a drink or coffee, chat to see if you can hold a conversation and that you look like your pictures represented you as. There's plenty of time for date 2 or 3 or 4 to drop the cash on a fancy date. I also like this because if they DON'T look like their picture or they suck at conversing then you can say you have to be up early tomorrow and that you have to get going and not waste your entire evening. Which leads me to another rule, I don't waste weekend nights on a first date either. I try not to schedule any dates on a weekend night until she asks to go on one for the weekend or why I haven't taken her out on weekends. I just have found that weekend nights given to girls only in the dating stage makes them think they're more important than the rest of my social life....and that just isn't true.
Thank You for not being a jerk.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:57 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:

DO let the guy talk all he wants.Just sit there, and be quiet, and observe.

If you are going to a restaurant, Do Not eat to fast, or hell, don't even eat anything.Just sit there, and look at your food.

Those two sound like advice on how not to get a second date. Most guys I know hate women like this.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
I can't believe, you actually think I would sit idly by, and not say something to these people.Do you expect me to be a lap dog?
I just, think, maybe you shouldn't, show your angry side, on a date. Most people don't, like to be, cussed out.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:04 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times
Here's my rules for first dates with people from dating sites.

1. Never go anywhere that requires you to ingest food.

2. Make them short, sharp, snappy. 10 minutes, 15...but leave your schedule open so you can continue the date if it goes well.

3. Make it a public place with many entrances and exits so you can get away if he's a creep. I've even had teams of friends standing nearby at times.

Going out with a total stranger and blindly indulging in the act of eating with them across a table is an act of far more intimacy and risk in my view, than shagging them them in the car park would be! You are stuck across from them eating, and if their mouth hole is also saying words you don't wish to hear, it can be pure torture...and pointless besides.

If it goes well you can continue the date and hopefully have breakfast with him the next day too, otherwise, drink, chat, stand up, shake hands, say it's nice to meet you, and leave.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships