Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Why do I have the feeling the OP is actually a guy who wants to pull this on some woman in a public place but wants to make sure first that women are into it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 PM

5 posts, read 7,032 times
Thank you for your replies....I'm glad to see that my reaction wasn't abnormal. And JerZ, I am very much a woman and this really did happen to me on Saturday.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:49 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,026 times
If I found him attractive, I'd be flattered, maybe even turned on. But my response would still most certainly be No, thank you.

If I got the 'creep' vibe from him (which seems fairly likely!) then I would probably say something like "how offensive" and skeddaddle.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:50 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
I would have used my tazer than pepper spray before repeatedly stomping on his balls.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:51 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why do I have the feeling the OP is actually a guy who wants to pull this on some woman in a public place but wants to make sure first that women are into it?
Agreed.

Anyhow, if a stranger asked me to keep a secret I would tell him to bugger off.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:51 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
I would have asked for his number and then called his wife.

What a jerk.

I don't care if he was gorgeous, I would have been creeped out and probably called store security. Ick.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-03-2012, 01:55 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahboyers1964 View Post
I am a 41 year-old relatively happily married woman who had an interesting thing happen to me a few days ago and I'm curious as to how other women (especially married ones like myself) would have been affected by this if it had happened to them..

So what happened was that I was by myself shopping at a Target department store and as I was looking at cleaning products, a man around my age stood next to me and said to me "If I tell you a secret, do you promise not to tell anyone?". I answered "sure". He then put his hand on my shoulder and whispered this into my ear: "I'm married but I think you're extremely sexy and I want to see you on your hands and knees at my place once a week when my wife isn't home....what do you think?". After he said this, I was in a state of shock for a few seconds but of course I said "I'm not interested" to his offer and walked away. The thing that surprised me a bit was that I found myself to be not only shocked by what he said but slightly aroused and since something like this from a complete stranger never happened to me before, I wonder if my reaction is a normal one or if perhaps it's a sign that I'm perhaps not as happy with my sex life in my marriage as I think I am. I did tell my best girlfriend about this (who is also married) and her reaction was "Ewww...that's creepy" and when I asked her if she would have been aroused by something like that happening to her she said "absolutely not".

I'm curious to know how other women on this board would be affected by this type of sexually aggressive proposition from a complete stranger. Please be honest!
I would have stopped the conversation before the secret was told. I find his boldness scary.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:56 PM

5 posts, read 7,032 times
One thing I'm not surprised at with the replies is that even the women who would have been slightly stimulated or felt flattered like I did still would have said "no" to the guy's offer. Even though I was a little turned on by what he said, I still didn't even come close to saying "yes" to the guy's offer because I've been married for 14 years and don't believe in cheating. Like some of the other women who responed to my thread, it felt good to know I still "got it" at 41!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Maybe but I have had men do this to me so I believe this happened.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:16 PM

7 posts, read 7,914 times
This thread has me thinking about the weird contrasts in modern life (or post-modern life, or post-post modern life or whatever), relating to the norms of social behavior between men and women. In the past, there were certain socially-approved modes for expressing your admiration of members of the opposite sex. You could admire someone and let them know you felt the admiration, without risking their discomfort or a humiliating misunderstanding. You could take a woman's hand and kiss it, for instance, or open the door for her, or give her your seat, or whatever. The eye-twinkle said it all. There was an art of flirting, a game you could play without risk because people knew it was just that - a game. Originally, Valentine's Day was a way for secret admirers to express interest without risking rejection. All kinds of little outlets for these things before.

Nowadays, it's so weird. Everyone is so Puritan about sex. Poker-faced men spend the day treating their women co-workers like guys, and then go rushing to Target (apparently) to fill the shell-pink ears of unsuspecting female strangers with X-rated fantasies. It's like guys aren't allowed to be anything but life size cardboard stand-ups, or pervs. There's no middle ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships