Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:18 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times

Advertisements

Pepper spray...or some self-defense techniques that involve a knee to the balls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 02:18 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Yeah well not only am I not a cheater...and all...the fact is, a guy who is bold enough to come up do that isn't someone I could trust enough to go home with. If I were single, I still would not have been anywhere alone with such a person. I may not embrace all social norms, but when somebody steps outside of them in that kind of a way, it makes me wary and uncomfortable.

And I've also never really been OK with allowing men to target and pursue me like that. Back before I was with my husband I was still the dominant one, the one who targets the guy and takes him home, and not the other way around.

But I think most females do appreciate knowing that they are attractive. Heck, men do, too...

Old 12-03-2012, 02:20 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Hmmm, I am definately trying this pick up line. I am wondering if it will work at Walmart as well or is it just limited to Target? Hmmmm

Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,190 times
You have seen People of Walmart haven't you?

That's a horrifying prospect!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM

191 posts, read 220,778 times
Yech, that's gross. I don't know who would want to be sexually harrassed and/or propositioned by a stranger in a public place.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
PrincessDorkNoodles, this is the second time in the last hour that I've read something you wrote and thought "that is genius."

Ditto all the way. Just wanted you to know.

Also, back when my mentor and hero, my Great-Aunt Jeanette (RIP) was a young lady, "dating" was something that involved many partners having reasonably innocent evenings out. Sure the guys wanted to take it however far they could, but a nice girl could date a nice guy and he didn't act like she was his property. Nowadays, I've heard about middle school age kids getting in fights because some boy spoke to another boy's "girlfriend" in a hallway. Seems to me that this intensification of possessiveness has gone hand in hand with earlier sexual behavior with today's kids...

(My point being that classy behavior is hard to find, in many aspects of interaction between males and females of all ages, anymore...)

Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
First, he's lucky you didn't slam him to the ground or throw some sort of assault charge his way. That said...

I'm a guy, and I find this post kind of hot. Not because I'm a guy, but because what he said was so carnal and forward that I can see why the OP would be a "little turned on" by it. Yes, it's creepy as all get-out, but still. There is just something about one person expressing pure, immediate lust for another that I find sexy.

Of course, I'm asking for a lot of rotten tomatoes to be thrown my way...

--Dim

Old 12-03-2012, 02:31 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,190 times
I'm happy to echo you Dim. I admire the sheer balls it took to be willing to do what he did.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:36 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDorkNoodles View Post
This thread has me thinking about the weird contrasts in modern life (or post-modern life, or post-post modern life or whatever), relating to the norms of social behavior between men and women. In the past, there were certain socially-approved modes for expressing your admiration of members of the opposite sex. You could admire someone and let them know you felt the admiration, without risking their discomfort or a humiliating misunderstanding. You could take a woman's hand and kiss it, for instance, or open the door for her, or give her your seat, or whatever. The eye-twinkle said it all. There was an art of flirting, a game you could play without risk because people knew it was just that - a game. Originally, Valentine's Day was a way for secret admirers to express interest without risking rejection. All kinds of little outlets for these things before.

Nowadays, it's so weird. Everyone is so Puritan about sex. Poker-faced men spend the day treating their women co-workers like guys, and then go rushing to Target (apparently) to fill the shell-pink ears of unsuspecting female strangers with X-rated fantasies. It's like guys aren't allowed to be anything but life size cardboard stand-ups, or pervs. There's no middle ground.
^^^You need to start a new thread for this.

OP, I would have hit him with a right hook when he touched me on the shoulder.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:40 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Pretty disgusting. presumptuous, and rude.

No not a married woman. Not even a woman. But still. Even if one was single...that kind of advance in public from a stranger would not be acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships