Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Great post... i've already repped you so much that i cannot do so again, but great post. Feminists are notorious for the Apex Fallacy. Often they will compare the average woman's life to the wealthiest man, instead of comparing the average woman's life to that of the average man. A small handful of men are CEO's and executives living the good life. The vast majority of males are average, middle class working stiffs, with jobs that are miserable. Certainly we are blessed to live in the United States, as opposed to a 3rd world country. But that being said, most men aren't living these exotic, glamorous lives. There are plenty of construction workers out in the cold, rain, and snow... people fixing power lines... people fighting on the front lines in the military. Yes, women certainly can and do take these occupations, but the majority of women don't seem to want these occupations, as they are still largely dominated by men.

People seem to underestimate the seriousness of this trend of men disengaging from society, via the video game phenomenon, the lack of men pursuing college education or advanced degrees, men taking easier more menial jobs, etc. If this trend continues, it is going to be devastating for the future productivity of our country. Unless women will need to step up and perform more of these unpleasant and/or dangerous jobs themselves, our country is likely to decline and fall behind others. Frankly, these are the effects that women and feminists have brought on themselves. No man is going to stay engaged in a society in which obese women reject him for being too clingy, or other similar unfairnesses happen.
Seems you're also notorious for the Apex Fallacy by comparing your life to the average guy's life. Incels and true forced loneliness guys aren't the average guy as many average guys are having sex, dates, relationships, and marriages with gals.

Guys disengaging from society probably won't have a negative impact as likely the guys will still have to do either white-collar or blue-collar work to support themselves and their sex option. When the technology advances to the point that virtual sex/sex dolls are commonplace and cost effective that guys can afford them doing easy menial jobs most likely robots will doing the unpleasant and/or dangerous jobs. Neither gender would be needed to do those jobs as a robot will probably be doing them.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Since the dawn of civilization men have been incentivized to become productive members of society.
You need to be "incentivized to become productive members of society" by acquisition of a female? That is just stupid. I would not want to be with a man who requires my neediness to motivate him. Thank GOD we are not back in the bad old days when I could not do for myself and might wind up with an idjit like that.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
Do you have any evidence of men disengaging from society apart from a few tinfoil hat blogs?

The decrease(not lack) of men pursuing college education might be an interesting topic for another forum....I certainly don't see it as a mass disengagement from society though.
A quick google search turns up a variety of articles by the likes of Hanna Rosin and Warren Farrell. Dismissing this social upheaval as if it's just guys that can't get laid or those who are critical of it as being crackpots is just silly.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You need to be "incentivized to become productive members of society" by acquisition of a female? That is just stupid. I would not want to be with a man who requires my neediness to motivate him. Thank GOD we are not back in the bad old days when I could not do for myself and might wind up with an idjit like that.
That's the stuff that makes up the underlying foundation of society. Men are generally attracted to women with hallmarks of fertility, women are generally attracted to men with hallmarks of security and providership. Power and status is attractive to women for a reason.

Hypergamy is a the root of female attraction and men have evolved to play to this dynamic pretty well over the eons. The result of which has manifest as guys getting good jobs, playing nice in civilized society, and so on. When you take away the mechanisms that's fostered this good elements only the bad will result. Take the time and watch the videos I posted earlier. She puts it into plain English and does a good job of explaining all this.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 AM

708 posts, read 878,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
A quick google search turns up a variety of articles by the likes of Hanna Rosin and Warren Farrell. Dismissing this social upheaval as if it's just guys that can't get laid or those who are critical of it as being crackpots is just silly.
Eh, I'm not really that interested in googling, but if you can't link to some scholarly articles about the end of the world, I'm not ready to start yelling the sky is falling yet.

I think talking about male disengagement seems to be most harmful to people like lpfan, who seem to use all of their energy to stew about the end of civilazation, rather than doing something productive to make his life better.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:02 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,242 times
Quote:
Eh, I'm not really that interested in googling, but if you can't link to some scholarly articles about the end of the world, I'm not ready to start yelling the sky is falling yet.

I think talking about male disengagement seems to be most harmful to people like lpfan, who seem to use all of their energy to stew about the end of civilazation, rather than doing something productive to make his life better.
Don't you know he is doing something productive to make his life better by educating others that it's unfair that he doesn't get what he wants on his criteria. It's unfair that he has to be attractive and appealing to get mutual and consensual sex/relationships rather than 'get a job and he's owed and entitled to a gal'.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:04 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I like how you humorized your post! Thank you for examplizing it for us.
Okay, people, don't get me started on the mis-vocabularizing...

Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 AM

414 posts, read 1,019,951 times
This whole "alpha"-"beta" male thing has been overthought and blown way out of proportion. Sure, there's a sizable segment of the population that this whole "game" might apply to, but it's a far cry from being a universal social construct. If you find yourself having a hard time relating to the game that part of the population plays, here's a tip: Just. Don't. Play. Go your own way and be yourself, and you'll eventually find a partner that you can relate to.

Hell, I don't even know how I'd fit into that silly scheme.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:

The entire point of this thread is how making his life better, how a lot of guys are do this, is by disengaging from the traditional male gender roles of protector and provider of women. The problem is how over the long term it's going to impact society as a whole. Men these days would rather play video game and practice PUA skills to get in on the hookup culture. They've realized the game is rigged against them thanks to 40+ years of feminism that's resulted in the pendulum swinging too far to the left. We need to get things back on track for boys, and IMO it starts with fixing the education system and giving men equal reproductive rights as women. I also think we need to take away the entitlements and handouts that's allowed the government to act as surrogate father and husband. Do that and women will have more incentives to land a man if they want to have a kid and good quality of living. In other words it'll foster cooperation as apposed to division between teh sexes as we have today.

Warren Farrell gave a speech on this at a Canadian university a few weeks back that actually discussed how to help boys become men and productive members of society. Feminists blocked the entrance and physically and verbally assaulted the people trying to attend. That's an example of how vilified men are in our society and it's got to change if you want men to participate.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM

Here's a fantastic article on how fem-centric our society has become.

Shouting in the Wilderness «
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships