Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:50 AM

102,176 posts, read 107,735,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyDude View Post
Ruth you are my type are girl ... to the point and direct. I like that... where were you 13 years ago.
Actually, I only get like this when someone exasperates me.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,211,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I did, a few of them

Everything was always extremely awkward. They clearly seemed like they weren't interested in me

I remember seeing a thread on a dating site where a woman asked "Dating somebody younger than yourself, how awful is it?". The guy was ONE YEAR younger than her

That was just absolutely mind blowing to me. Women can date men 10 years old than themselves but if the men is 1 year younger, no thanks...I guess

Wow just wow
That's one woman. My girlfriend is one year older than I am and she seems perfectly happy. Age is really just a number when people get older (up to three years difference or more really isn't anything).

Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post

If I were single and saw a table of 3 or 4 women sitting by themselves, I would make sure to introduce myself, perhaps ask if anyone needed a new drink

The awkwardness is just melting my face right now

Anybody who approaches a table of 4 women must be borderline insane and just asking to be rejected. Although if you can do that successfully, then more power to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
It sounds like you're unwilling to do the work, because any sort of rejection will shatter you. I find that surprising given that you're in sales so must have learned to live with rejection quite regularly in that gig.

Rejection at my job is real gentle. You go through the process and then when people don't answer to your calls, you know that's not going to be a deal

You don't get embarrassed with humiliating rejections right on the spot

Old 12-04-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
Wait, what??

Reality check: Women date younger men all the time. When I was 19, I dated a woman who was 25. When I was 20, I was with a 26 year old. When I was 22, she was 35. See a pattern? Age is a number...

Maturity is more important. Yes, a woman who is a few years older than you may pass you up if you display the emotional maturity of a guy who's 19. And, to be honest, some of your threads display exactly that.

I have very close friends in their late 30s. People regularly say I act like I'm in my late 20s and I can pass for late 20s with just a little bit of facial hair so the maturity is not an issue.

Still, I have big doubts here. Why would a 26 year old go for a 23 year old when she can easily date a 35 year old CEO type?

Quote:
Talk to all sorts of women, but talk to them because they're women. Not because you're trying to get a girlfriend.
Get to know them as people...build your confidence in who you are (as a man).

Chances are you'll go on a few dates, and you might even get a girlfriend out of the "deal".

--Dim

Good post sir

Old 12-04-2012, 11:56 AM

445 posts, read 864,258 times
Have you ever asked a girl out?

Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,211,725 times
Quote:
Still, I have big doubts here. Why would a 26 year old go for a 23 year old when she can easily date a 35 year old CEO type?
Because not every girl wants to date a 35 year-old CEO type* or even has an opportunity to meet one. The world is not black and white and not every woman fits into your narrow definitions.

*How many 35 year-old CEOs are there anyway? They have to be prodigies to get to that level at a fairly young age.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
Have you ever asked a girl out?

Yep, I asked out an Asian girl at my gym just like 5 weeks ago and got rejected

I've had lots of other situations where I would definitely gotten rejected if I asked them out. This particular occurrence, I actually build some nice rapport and got along really well with the Asian girl before I got rejected. I've had lots of other times where the interaction was not nearly as smooth so you know I would have gotten rejected at every one of those

Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM

102,176 posts, read 107,735,907 times
Quote:
The awkwardness is just melting my face right now

Anybody who approaches a table of 4 women must be borderline insane and just asking to be rejected. Although if you can do that successfully, then more power to you
You've gone on and on over several threads talking about how good-looking you are. Why would the women reject you, if what you say is true? At least one out of four would be thinking, "he's kind of cute", and waiting for you to chat her up.

Does anyone see a contradiction here? The OP repeatedly says he thinks he's all that, but also thinks that any and all women he would try to talk to will reject him, for no reason in particular.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:00 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,673,439 times
The 35-year-old CEO is probably already married, or he's divorced and mad that his ex took all his stuff.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:01 PM

29,732 posts, read 34,340,471 times
Quote:

Rejection at my job is real gentle. You go through the process and then when people don't answer to your calls, you know that's not going to be a deal

You don't get embarrassed with humiliating rejections right on the spot
So at work, when someone walks into the showroom, you think, "they probably don't want to buy a car, anyway. They're probably just here for the free coffee." And you stand in the corner staring at the floor. No? That's what you're doing with women. If you can sell a car, you can talk to a woman and ask her out. Always Be Closing, man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.