Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
OP,

Think outside the box in which you so obviously find yourself trapped:

If you have a university, college, or even public school system nearby, you can take some free or nearly-free courses that will put you around people within a 5 year range (+/-) of you. Chances are, at least a few of those people will be available (single) women with whom you can converse. In fact, conversation could be a lot easier since you'll have a common starting point (the class/seminar/etc. you're taking).

Just a thought...

--Dim

Women have no interest in dating men younger than themselves and more than 2 years younger is probably going to be too young

As far as the school goes - that's not a bad option. I would be hesitant to do that because I had women in my classes in college over the ages of 19-23 and I never had any success there

Old 12-04-2012, 11:42 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Want a f*cking solution? Quit being a little baby, go down to Chicago and walk around downtown and hit on 15 attractive looking women that you see, get their numbers and go on dates. If you're as attractive as you say you are you should be able to get 5/15 numbers.

Good lord, it's not that difficult. Here's the thing though, you won't.
Best suggestion, ever!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Someone posted an article on one of your recent threads. Did you read it? It said: joining organizations, doing charitable/volunteer work (yeah, yeah, I know--supposedly you don't have time. Yet you claim to have time for a relationship. Does anyone see a contradiction here?), taking an acting/improv class, aside from all the daily opportunities to talk to women who cross your path.
How many of these women will be in the very small subsection of age that I can even attract?

20 bucks says most of the women in these activities will be about 40 years old

Quote:
The dating scene isn't one-sided. Women are just waiting for guys like you to talk to them (the article also said this), but so many guys are too shy, like you, that women end up alone, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
As far as the school goes - that's not a bad option. I would be hesitant to do that because I had women in my classes in college over the ages of 19-23 and I never had any success there
Did you even try to talk to any of them?

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
(those who are 21-23 - anything older probably doesn't want a guy as young as me and anything younger is probably too young)
Not really. Making assumptions like this severely limits yourself. If you live in or near a big city there are interest clubs that are geared toward younger people. My friend who lives in the Chicago suburbs played in a softball league that was only for single people. I'm sure there are plenty of other opportunities like this. You have to put yourself out there more instead of just seeing the negative to potential social situations.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 AM

445 posts, read 864,771 times
Quote:
Average social gathering - 90% of the women have boyfriends, 3 or 4 women there who are single are just hanging out with each other all night.

I'm assuming this is because the single women have 50,000 options just from their own social circle/online dating/etc... so it's totally understandable

Not a sympathy question, I don't want sympathy...just want a solution to end the suffering

BTW most of the "solutions" you have given me feature women who are way too old. The average woman at yoga sessions at my gym is 35. The average age of women at meetup groups is about 30-35. This is another huge problem I'm encountering - I can only date a very small subsection of women (those who are 21-23 - anything older probably doesn't want a guy as young as me and anything younger is probably too young) and those woman are in huge huge demand by men of all ages
They're young women everywhere. A lot of 21-22 year olds are still in college.;concerts, restaurants, clothes/makeup stores, movie theatres, fast food places, beaches etc..Every girl you asked out has said no?

Old 12-04-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
How many of these women will be in the very small subsection of age that I can even attract?

20 bucks says most of the women in these activities will be about 40 years old
I've met men and women in their 20's at political action orgs, enviro orgs, and in weekend sports activities. Some of the political groups are almost exclusively people in their 20's. But you wouldn't know, because you're writing off that option before you even try.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM

904 posts, read 1,382,190 times
Quote:
Average social gathering - 90% of the women have boyfriends, 3 or 4 women there who are single are just hanging out with each other all night.

I'm assuming this is because the single women have 50,000 options just from their own social circle/online dating/etc... so it's totally understandable
Have you ever approached these women? "Hi how are you?" Given your obvious wealth, amazing good looks and tremendous physique I would expect you would get at least a "Hi" back. If I were single and saw a table of 3 or 4 women sitting by themselves, I would make sure to introduce myself, perhaps ask if anyone needed a new drink. It sounds like you're unwilling to do the work, because any sort of rejection will shatter you. I find that surprising given that you're in sales so must have learned to live with rejection quite regularly in that gig.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Did you even try to talk to any of them?
I did, a few of them

Everything was always extremely awkward. They clearly seemed like they weren't interested in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Not really. Making assumptions like this severely limits yourself.

I remember seeing a thread on a dating site where a woman asked "Dating somebody younger than yourself, how awful is it?". The guy was ONE YEAR younger than her

That was just absolutely mind blowing to me. Women can date men 10 years old than themselves but if the men is 1 year younger, no thanks...I guess

Wow just wow

Old 12-04-2012, 11:48 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
Quote:
Women have no interest in dating men younger than themselves and more than 2 years younger is probably going to be too young

Wait, what??

Reality check: Women date younger men all the time. When I was 19, I dated a woman who was 25. When I was 20, I was with a 26 year old. When I was 22, she was 35. See a pattern? Age is a number...

BUT (FOOT STOMPER...PAY ATTENTION)

Maturity is more important. Yes, a woman who is a few years older than you may pass you up if you display the emotional maturity of a guy who's 19. And, to be honest, some of your threads display exactly that.

Others have said it, but it bears repeating: IF you really want to change your lot in life, you need to push your boundaries and break through them.
Throw away any pre-conceived notions about age, race, career, size, weight, etc. and just do it.
Talk to all sorts of women, but talk to them because they're women. Not because you're trying to get a girlfriend.
Get to know them as people...build your confidence in who you are (as a man).

Chances are you'll go on a few dates, and you might even get a girlfriend out of the "deal".

--Dim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships